BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 6, 2017 11:38 am  #41

Re: What will happen to Rosie?

OK, I didn't know who was this Jimmy Saville, but now I can see why you could compare him to Culverton Smith ! In my mind, Smith was already Trump-like (sorry if there are Trump voters here...) but if you add a Saville likeness, my God, what a hateful character he is going to be !

And I agree the episode might be dark and disturbing because of the subjects broached and not because of potential deaths.

January 6, 2017 11:41 am  #42

But how is CS threatening

Mycroft?? Unless he was involved in the cover-up somehow. What would justify Mrs Hudson's reptile comment.

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

January 6, 2017 11:43 am  #43

It seems, in the official synopsis, that Smith is threatening to reveal the Holmes' darkest secrets. So Mycroft will come to the rescue and become a target for CS. This is how I view it anyway...

January 6, 2017 12:02 pm  #44

I thought it was Culverton who had the dark secret in the BBC description?  Although that doesn't mean he can't be exposing other people's as well.  I was kind of surprised by the description because I thought "tell your friends your deepest darkest secret" was directed at somebody else, such as Sherlock.   But Culverton could also be saying it about himself. 

January 6, 2017 4:08 pm  #45

I've been telling Tobe that my wishful thinking head canon is that the tag-on "real" final problem in TFP is what to do about Rosie so that she doesn't have to die. 

My head canon wants John (after they go through hell and back) to come to the realization that he is addicted to the danger and excitement of being with Sherlock - and to Sherlock himself (with some ambiguous Johnlock hints thrown in so that we can discuss and debate this for years to come, lol). He also realizes that he cannot bring up Rosie in that environment.  Enter a cleaned-up Auntie Harriet (finally) who is reconciled with Clara and they take Rosie so she is still in the Watson family.

Like I said, wishful thinking.  The Moftiss will never do anything that predictable and kind.   

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

January 6, 2017 4:17 pm  #46

Well, we might as well find out whose ring Mycroft is wearing. Maybe he's got a goldfish of his own to adopt Rosie together?

-----

January 6, 2017 4:19 pm  #47

omg, I would feel for anyone who would one day want to date Rosie 

****************************************************************************************************************************************
We balance probabilities and choose the most likely. It is the scientific use of the imagination.    

January 6, 2017 4:26 pm  #48

Lola Red wrote:

omg, I would feel for anyone who would one day want to date Rosie 

Indeed

-----

January 6, 2017 6:10 pm  #49

Have you noticed the poster at the bus station when the girl is waiting for John? It looks as an advertisemnt for a book or so but is not the man on it CS?

January 6, 2017 6:12 pm  #50

Yes it is and has been mentioned on a few threads.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 6, 2017 6:18 pm  #51

It is easy to miss something from other threads at the moment, isn't it? :-) With so much going on here.

Great to see the forum that active again!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 6, 2017 6:19 pm  #52

Sure is.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 6, 2017 6:52 pm  #53

I even forget what thread I'm on!  It has all been moving so quickly.  And in two days we'll have more data!

January 6, 2017 6:54 pm  #54

True on both counts...and I see we're not getting any BBC repeats tonight.

January 8, 2017 1:20 am  #55

I was disappointed as soon as they made Mary pregnant.  B/c it feels like no matter what they do with the baby (keep it in the show, ignore it on the show, have the baby not be John's, let the baby die, etc.) its existence has forever changed John as a character.  And I don't think I like what the outcome of it will be.

January 8, 2017 3:30 am  #56

I have wondered how they will deal with baby Rosie as well.  It seems that it would have made more sense to keep Mary alive to watch the baby while John and Sherlock solved crimes.  I suppose as suggested by others, they can all take turns raising her and helping John, but that would drastically change the dynamic between Sherlock and John in my opinion. 
I did like Sherlock talking to the baby, and, he seems to have an affinity with children as in the scenes with the boy (Albert?  Sorry, forgot his name!) in The Sign of Three at the wedding.  However, he is a consulting detective, not a babysitter, so I don't see how the baby will fit into the picture.  It will be interesting to see how it is resolved.  It would be pretty cold-hearted to kill her off, though.  Hoping for something more creative than that and more answers to everything tomorrow night!

"Is that why you're calling yourself Greg?" 
"That's his name!"
"Is it?"

January 8, 2017 8:22 am  #57

It will be interesting to see Rosie's fate...maybe we will have to wait until next week.

January 8, 2017 8:36 am  #58

Maybe she is The Final Problem...

January 8, 2017 8:38 am  #59

To be honest, I wish it was only that...

January 8, 2017 8:38 am  #60

She propably plays her role but I would be probably disappointed if they make the Grand Finale to be about a minor character.

-----

Board footera