BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 4, 2017 12:48 pm  #61

Re: TST - what is real in this episode?

This is for nakahara and all others who are interested. 

John opening the front door. You can see the windows behind him. 

The door should be behind him if the layout was the same as in TST. There is no door:

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 4, 2017 12:50 pm  #62

besleybean wrote:

Wow at some point we have to believe something in the show is real...

I for one know that I will wait with believing stuff until after TFP. Until then, let clever people deduce things. :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 4, 2017 12:51 pm  #63

nakahara wrote:

The photos of Watson´s flat were released:

http://nixxie-fic.tumblr.com/post/155385262885/pt-3-of-5-brand-new-pics-hq-screencaps-from

Is it different than before or not?

It is different, and in the bts featurette Arwel gives technical reasons for why it's different. You can believe him or not, of course. But he says that they added the door because it made certain scenes easier to shoot (for example the one at the end with Sherlock and Molly). That's also the reason why they built the flat on set and didn't film on location any longer: They built a slightly bigger flat and were able to remove walls if they needed to.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 4, 2017 12:55 pm  #64

The new pictures confirm that it is indeed John's house where Sherlock is trying to persuade John to end Culverton Smith.

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

January 4, 2017 12:56 pm  #65

SusiGo wrote:

Yes, it is. The door in the last pic, left of the windows, is not there in MHR and HLV. John opens the door to Isaac's mother, walking to the other side, not to the window side. 

And another "continuity error":

http://softjlc.tumblr.com/post/155387863782/yet-another-discontinuity-in-tst

I suppose it could just be that we're not meant to see the bust until he reveals it.  So he takes off the paper bag (which he'd used to cover evidence, rather than walk about with it in public) off screen. 

January 4, 2017 1:08 pm  #66

Liberty wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

Yes, it is. The door in the last pic, left of the windows, is not there in MHR and HLV. John opens the door to Isaac's mother, walking to the other side, not to the window side. 

And another "continuity error":

http://softjlc.tumblr.com/post/155387863782/yet-another-discontinuity-in-tst

I suppose it could just be that we're not meant to see the bust until he reveals it.  So he takes off the paper bag (which he'd used to cover evidence, rather than walk about with it in public) off screen. 

Seems like he has leared a thing or two from Sherlock when it comes to being dramatic. ;-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 4, 2017 1:11 pm  #67

I agree with Liberty on that one. 

****************************************************************************************************************************************
We balance probabilities and choose the most likely. It is the scientific use of the imagination.    

January 4, 2017 1:17 pm  #68

I see I've missed something else...where do we see Sherlock telling John to end Culverton Smith?

Oh sorry, I've just remebered...the trailer!
But I don't think he's actually telling John to do it personally!

Last edited by besleybean (January 4, 2017 1:18 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 4, 2017 1:28 pm  #69

besleybean wrote:

I see I've missed something else...where do we see Sherlock telling John to end Culverton Smith?

Oh sorry, I've just remebered...the trailer!
But I don't think he's actually telling John to do it personally!

Apologies for my lazy wording.

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

January 4, 2017 1:37 pm  #70

Not at all, you weren't lazy in anyway.
Obviously just my misunderstanding!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 4, 2017 3:23 pm  #71

Schmiezi wrote:

besleybean wrote:

Wow at some point we have to believe something in the show is real...

I for one know that I will wait with believing stuff until after TFP. Until then, let clever people deduce things. :-)

Ditto!
Episode started with an explanation of how they would tell the world Magnussen was killed and Sherlock saying " that's not what happened at all" Then ended with Sherlock telling Ella his dream or version of what happened.

We know from the explanation of the writers about Sherlock killing Magnussen that they believe Watson made up that somebody else killed Milverton to cover up for his friend. So I think they are giving us a dubious reality So like them , we can all make up our own versions of what happened.
Thats the great game in the end isn't it?

"Man may not be degraded  to being a machine by being denied to be a ghost in the machine."
It's just transport. The virus in the hard drive . However impossible .Must be the truth.

January 4, 2017 3:49 pm  #72

If you consider canon Milverton ending and what the writers said about it . ( mentioned in my post above)
This begs the question Who killed Ajay? Did some random person in black with a hidden face bust in and shoot him ?

No it was either Sherlock , Mary or John and the narrator (Sherlock ) is covering for his friend.

"Man may not be degraded  to being a machine by being denied to be a ghost in the machine."
It's just transport. The virus in the hard drive . However impossible .Must be the truth.

January 4, 2017 5:07 pm  #73

No I don't think so.
Because Mary was devastated and wanted AJ to know she was innocent.

January 4, 2017 5:24 pm  #74

Who Do you think shot Ajay while he was following Sherlock and John in a very determined bid to kill Mary?

January 4, 2017 5:26 pm  #75

I have no idea.
They looked like official police...tipped off by someone?
The whole of the UK gov were after him.

Last edited by besleybean (January 4, 2017 5:31 pm)

January 4, 2017 5:30 pm  #76

It was almost the same as when Mary shot Sherlock -take one more step etc and I'll kill you Ajay you know I will? So maybe it was Mary defending herself? Probably sorry again too.

Last edited by Mothonthemantel (January 4, 2017 5:31 pm)

January 4, 2017 5:32 pm  #77

Huh?
AJ was shot by police.

January 4, 2017 5:41 pm  #78

Thread title. What is real in this episode.

I think Sherlock told Ella a random man in black with a hidden face killed Ajay is the same as when the writers said canon Waton claimed a random woman in black with a veiled face shot Milverton. But actually he was covering up for his friend. So I think the scene we saw was not reality.

Last edited by Mothonthemantel (January 4, 2017 5:42 pm)

January 4, 2017 5:42 pm  #79

I don't even remember Sherlock saying that!

January 4, 2017 5:47 pm  #80

Because we are seeing it as he tells it to Ella .We are not listening to him explain it?

Board footera