BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 26, 2016 8:36 am  #21

Re: Soundtrack for S4 (spoilers)

Catching up after Christmas, and it's exciting to come back to the TFP soundtrack!  Thanks, Susi!

1. The Final Problem - She Was Different 
2. The Final Problem - Doing A Good Thing 
3. The Final Problem - 3 Suspects 
4. The Final Problem - Pick Up 
5. The Final Problem - Brother Mine 
6. The Final Problem - Bones 
7. The Final Problem - The Hall 
8. The Final Problem - I Had No One 
9. The Final Problem - Open Your Eyes 
10. The Final Problem - Always the Grown Up  
11. The Final Problem - Who You Really Are

Brother Mine has to be about Sherlock and Mycroft!   I'd guess that I Had No One is about Sherlock and John.  And Who You Really Are is likely to be related to the twist, I think, and Sherlock. 

Open Your Eyes is interesting.   My first thougt is that there's a famous Spanish film with this title (Abre los ojos), which is plays with ideas of reality and mind (I don't want to give spoilers - it's a very good film, so worth watching!), and that might be related to mind palace - some of this episode may not be real. 

Last edited by Liberty (December 26, 2016 8:37 am)

December 26, 2016 12:31 pm  #22

Some ideas: 

The Hall - Sherrinford Hall, the burning house?

I Had No One - could also apply to Sherlock's childhood/youth, feeling lonely and misunderstood, or to John about whose childhood and youth we do not know anything so far

Always The Grown Up - I would go for Sherlock/Mycroft or John/Harry 

Who You Really Are - interesting counterpart to "Who I Want To Be" in TLD 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 26, 2016 12:58 pm  #23

Yes those two seem to go together.  It reminds me of Mycroft's comments in ASIB about Sherlock.

I didn't think of the burning house for The Hall - of course!  The others makes sense too.

Bones is ominous.  A family murder or coverup? Something else made me think of The Adventure of Old Shoscombe Place a while back, and that had some bones in it with an interesting story.

December 26, 2016 1:05 pm  #24

Shoscombe Old Place was about the brother hiding the corpse of his deseased sister, wasn´t it?

Now, since only John has a sister here and she was conspicuosly absent the whole time.... maybe he´s...??? 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 26, 2016 9:27 pm  #25

O, learn to read what silent love hath writ:
To hear with eyes belongs to love’s fine wit.
(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

December 29, 2016 10:46 pm  #26

Does anyone know when the Season 4 soundtrack will be available on Amazon?

December 30, 2016 7:21 am  #27

I think it's the 27th January.

December 30, 2016 9:47 am  #28

This is very exciting!
I also think that the TFP titles sounds a lot like a Mycroft-Sherlock reveleation of some sort.
Maybe Mycroft is part of the final problem. I can't help thinking of Mycroft being a stronger counterpart to Sherlock than Moriarty could ever be.

I am happy to have a confirmation that there will be a hint at Marys past or some story around it - what else could the "agra" title hint at? Doesn't sound like it's all resolved and done then.

I cannot wait!

Also I think "lying" can refer to both "lying down" or "telling lies", and I think it would be great if the episode started with the dying detective scene!

Last edited by Whisky (December 30, 2016 9:50 am)

"It is what it is."

January 12, 2017 6:38 pm  #29

I'm just thinking how much more chilling the innocent-sounding tracks "Anyone" and "My Favourite Room" are after seeing TLD!

January 12, 2017 6:47 pm  #30

Indeed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 12, 2017 6:59 pm  #31

Ah yeah! It's funny, I looked at the song titles previously and tried to imagine what scenes they could be connected to but we really have no idea!

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

February 17, 2017 5:59 pm  #32

I received my copy of the soundtrack earlier this week and have been listening to it at least once every day. The plot of S4 might have some weak spots (well, in my opinion) but the soundtrack is flawless, a real masterpiece.

O, learn to read what silent love hath writ:
To hear with eyes belongs to love’s fine wit.
(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

Board footera