BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 1, 2016 1:07 pm  #1

Press screening of The Six Thatchers (beware of spoilers)

http://ebaeschnbliah.tumblr.com/post/153903427449/press-screening-of-tst

So there were indeed sharks. Exciting. The only association so far was Magnussen. The London Aquarium. 

And good to see the enthusiasm. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 1, 2016 1:13 pm  #2

Re: Press screening of The Six Thatchers (beware of spoilers)

I can't wait for finally watching it! It all sound so great.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 1, 2016 1:31 pm  #3

Lucky press people!

This only gets me even more excited! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 1, 2016 2:50 pm  #4

BRING IT ON!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 1, 2016 7:13 pm  #5

There's nothing I would love more than a secret appearance by Lars!  I'm hoping! 

However, and this has bothered me for a while, there's the plural "sharks".   In those tweets between Mark and Amanda, they talked about sharks in the plural too. I remember we felt what they said could apply to Magnussen or Mary, but it could also apply to a group perhaps.  However, there is a single shark on Rachel Talalay's t-shirt!

One of my wild ideas, but I wondered if it meant "loan shark", or some other colloquialism.   Loan sharks are seen as pretty evil.  Now this is a reach, but there is a story with the mention of both a loan shark (moneylender)/debt and a dog.  And horse racing, come to that (wasn't there mention of horse racing in setlock way back when? I have such a bad memory).  And an old chapel with a crypt, which also rings a setlock bell for me.  The Adventure of Shoscombe Old Place, which I will review when I get a moment!   Now, I know that is not the episode they are filming - it has been made quite clear that it's The Six Napoleons (Thatchers).   But they do sometimes take bits from other episodes.  The trouble with my little theory is that Mark and Amanda's tweets seem to have absolutely nothing to do with loan sharks!

Always more questions!

Last edited by Liberty (December 1, 2016 7:20 pm)

December 1, 2016 7:19 pm  #6

Damn it. I should have asked Lars at the Doctor Strange gala... but then again he probably wouldn't have been allowed to say

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera