BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 27, 2016 8:57 pm  #21

Re: BFI screening with panel and Q&A on 12 January

Sorry, I read this wrong. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 28, 2016 11:45 am  #22

Sadly, that probably means no Martin...

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

November 28, 2016 3:57 pm  #23

Did we have previews like that the years before?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

November 28, 2016 6:02 pm  #24

Yes, we did. They showed ASiB in December 2011 and I think even all three episodes of series 3 in 2013, TEH including a panel which you may remember. This is nothing new. And the time between the previews and the broadcast were much longer. Therefore I do not quite understand the outrage of some people. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 28, 2016 6:10 pm  #25

Right. Now I remember that we had spoiler afterwards like "one of the main cast dies in HLV".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 28, 2016 6:17 pm  #26

The only one to die in HLV was Magnussen.  Sherlock came close to death, but he survived the gunshot wound.

Last edited by kgreen20 (November 28, 2016 6:18 pm)

November 28, 2016 7:05 pm  #27

kgreen20 wrote:

The only one to die in HLV was Magnussen.  Sherlock came close to death, but he survived the gunshot wound.

BUT the spoiler given by the team was what I wrote before. And Sherlock flatlined. He was dead but came back to life - a fact they did not tell us beforehand of course. They know how to spoiler.

November 28, 2016 7:23 pm  #28

Medically speaking, flatlining does not mean a person is dead. But if that came from the team, I guess they use "death" the same way as the use "sosiopath" - the layman way. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

November 28, 2016 8:48 pm  #29

My thoughts exactly.

November 28, 2016 9:38 pm  #30

Is anyone else (apart from Diva) going to try to purchase tickets? I would love to go to a Q&A with the writers.

November 28, 2016 9:49 pm  #31

One day to early for me. And I think it will be quite difficult to get tickets since members can buy them one day earlier. But good luck to anyone who is trying. 

November 28, 2016 9:52 pm  #32

Can't afford it, sadly... I'd LOVE to though. 

Is it just me who think it could be a nice idea to screen the QA and the episode in theaters or something?
(again, probably me still being bitter about the TAB screenings in December isn't available everywhere) 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

November 29, 2016 12:58 am  #33

I'm considering becoming a BFI member so I can try to buy tickets.
That's a bit insane since I live in Canada. ;) 

November 29, 2016 1:12 am  #34

I'm not sure if this is the same event you guys are talking about:

‘Sherlock’ Creators to Attend New U.K. Television Festival
Gatiss and Moffat will be interviewed on April 9. “Gatiss: From League of Gentlemen to Sherlock” will see Gatiss take the audience on a tour of his favorite television moments. Later in the day Moffat will also be inducted into the Radio Times Hall of Fame, when he will discuss his career with comedian Frank Skinner — from the early days of “Press Gang” and “Coupling” through to his work on two of the biggest shows on U.K. TV, “Doctor Who” and “Sherlock.”

http://variety.com/2016/tv/global/sherlock-creators-michael-palin-uk-television-festival-1201927679/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 29, 2016 1:23 am  #35

Oh, I'm talking about the BFI pre-screening of Sherlock episode 3 S4 on January 12th (With a Q&A after)  

November 29, 2016 6:52 am  #36

I was too. As well as the TAB cinema thing with extra stuff about Series 4. *shakes fist*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

November 29, 2016 7:09 am  #37

ukaunz wrote:

I'm not sure if this is the same event you guys are talking about:

‘Sherlock’ Creators to Attend New U.K. Television Festival
Gatiss and Moffat will be interviewed on April 9. “Gatiss: From League of Gentlemen to Sherlock” will see Gatiss take the audience on a tour of his favorite television moments. Later in the day Moffat will also be inducted into the Radio Times Hall of Fame, when he will discuss his career with comedian Frank Skinner — from the early days of “Press Gang” and “Coupling” through to his work on two of the biggest shows on U.K. TV, “Doctor Who” and “Sherlock.”

http://variety.com/2016/tv/global/sherlock-creators-michael-palin-uk-television-festival-1201927679/

This looks very interesting too but as the others have pointed out it's an entirely different event. I think it deserves its own thread on the "Upcoming events and competitions" board.

O, learn to read what silent love hath writ:
To hear with eyes belongs to love’s fine wit.
(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

November 29, 2016 7:19 am  #38

Oh, the article mentioned the BFI so I wasn't sure. I will open another thread then

Thanks for opening a new thread diva 

Last edited by ukaunz (November 29, 2016 8:24 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 29, 2016 7:47 am  #39

Sorry ukaunz if I was too fast opening a new thread about that festival. I already had this event on my alerts together with other upcoming BFI presales.

O, learn to read what silent love hath writ:
To hear with eyes belongs to love’s fine wit.
(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

November 29, 2016 7:56 am  #40

No worries, I don't mind, I was just having difficulty reading anything on the internet so I wasn't sure if it was the same event!

Hope someone from this board will be able to attend

Board footera