BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 25, 2016 7:47 pm  #21

Re: Theory: Mycroft created "Moriarty" (may contain spoilers)

Honestly, no idea. But for me the most interesting point is that Sir Edwin and Lady Smallwood seem to know who the other one is. Btw, I wrote a little meta why IMHO it could be Sherlock he is talking about. 

http://gosherlocked.tumblr.com/post/139356950581/another-reading-of-the-other-one

And here is one theory by another blogger:
http://stillgosherlocked.tumblr.com/post/150126745278/the-other-one

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 26, 2016 6:54 am  #22

My pleasure. And I had another idea: You remember the deleted scene from ASiP in the Chronicles, Sherlock on the NSY roof, talking about suicides and how he would do it, Lestrade being clearly ill at ease? Maybe Sherlock was not just reckless with his life as proven by the pill scene, but suicidal - a parallel to John - lonely, depressed, feeling useless, with his gun at hand? So what if Mycroft wanted to provide his brother with the ultimate challenge, a villain made to measure for Sherlock, a puzzle worth of his brilliant faculties? Just thinking but they chose to include the scene in the book. There is not much we know about Sherlock's past so far and what we have seen from the trailer and setlock shows that the past of the Holmeses may be quite dark. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 26, 2016 10:51 am  #23

Nice metas, I like the idea the idea that the Other One is not a third brother, but one of the mighty fallen from grace because of sentiment. Would make more sense to me than everyone forgetting to mention the other brother that Mycroft left to his fate.

And yes, something strange is up in the Holmes family. Why is that with two apparently well-functioning parents, Mycroft had to take on a mother role for Sherlock and why where both boys isolated from other children? I can sense drama coming from that direction. 

****************************************************************************************************************************************
We balance probabilities and choose the most likely. It is the scientific use of the imagination.    

October 26, 2016 10:54 am  #24

Maybe the parents are fake?

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

October 26, 2016 11:19 am  #25

Good point. Let us not forget that Hudders and Mummy share the same initials. Maybe Sherlock is the son of Mrs Hudson and Frank and was adopted. Which would be slightly oedipal but what do I know?  

October 26, 2016 12:10 pm  #26

nakahara wrote:

I think that the darkness will come from the third brother, "Sherrinford". Sherrinford was one of the three code words this season, wasn´t it?

Knowing Mofftiss, Sherrinford will turn out to be Molly's new cat, or a village in Derbyshire or something ... ;-)

October 26, 2016 10:02 pm  #27

Ariane DeVere wrote:

nakahara wrote:

I think that the darkness will come from the third brother, "Sherrinford". Sherrinford was one of the three code words this season, wasn´t it?

Knowing Mofftiss, Sherrinford will turn out to be Molly's new cat, or a village in Derbyshire or something ... ;-)

Probably yes. 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

Board footera