BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 17, 2012 3:54 am  #1

Hello out there!

I think I've lurked long enough.   So I'm getting out of the pool, drying off, and just wanted to say hello to you all!   I am very happy to be here at your forum.   I'm from Los Angeles (well not originally, but who is?)-    I'm a huge fan of Sherlock,  I have the DVDs which I have watched often,   but am still very excited that the Series 2 finale is coming up on PBS this weekend here in the U.S.    Can't wait for all those friends I've pestered to finally watch and see how amazing television can be.
cheers,
Carl

May 17, 2012 3:56 am  #2

Re: Hello out there!

Welcome Carl!

Hope you haven't lost your shoes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

May 17, 2012 4:02 am  #3

thank you Wholocked!   Ha!   Seems I'm always losing my favorite shoes...

May 17, 2012 4:51 am  #4

Good morning from across the pond, Carl, and welcome!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 17, 2012 5:31 am  #5

Thanks very much!   It's nice to be here.   So many different time zones!

May 17, 2012 5:59 am  #6

Hello Carl! Welcome to our band of intrepid Sherlockians!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 17, 2012 6:10 am  #7

Hi Carl!   glad you've found your shoes, and this forum!     welcome from another Californian.

May 17, 2012 6:19 am  #8

Thanks for being so welcoming, Davina and jen.   What a great group to pass the time with until Series 3 finally arrives!

May 17, 2012 10:03 am  #9

Hey Carl - glad you could join us! Welcome to the forum!! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

May 17, 2012 3:57 pm  #10

Hi Carl,

Try to remember it's 'laugh with' not 'laugh at' and I'm sure we'll be fine.

Glad you found us!

-m0r

And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

May 19, 2012 1:36 am  #11

Hey ! Welcome =).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wanted! Schrödinger's cat. Dead and alive."

May 23, 2012 3:13 am  #12

Hi Carl  - Just read you are in LA. Sigh. Brings back happy memories of humming birds and walking in Griffith Park.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Important thing I have learnt from 'Sherlock':
British army research bases keep their bins at the bottom of a quite deep lift shaft.

May 24, 2012 8:17 am  #13

Very nice.  You know, both the hummingbirds and Griffith Park will be here when you return!    thanks for the welcome.

Board footera