BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 29, 2017 5:19 pm  #101

Re: These "series 4 is the last" rumours

My pleasure. I found it quite a positive and uplifting read. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 29, 2017 9:13 pm  #102

A good read indeed, thanks for sharing. I personally don't have any hopes for it to be as early as 2019 or 2020, to be honest. Because they did say it wouldn't be for at least five years (or something along those lines, I just remember five years being mentioned as the very earliest). I got the impression that both Ben and Martin was ready to let Sherlock go for the moment to focus on other things in their career. Not saying that they would never do it again, but that they wouldn't prioritize it for the near (ie: five years) future. 

Which I have no trouble understanding at all. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

October 29, 2017 9:43 pm  #103

I think it also depends a bit on how they want to do this. I mean, the biological clock is ticking for Una, Wanda, and Tim. And S5 without Una would be a very sad thing. I heard she was joking about Mrs Hudson needing a stair lift if they waited too long ...

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 29, 2017 9:45 pm  #104

(My latest attempt at fan fic is post Mrs H and Daddy and Mummy)

Last edited by besleybean (October 29, 2017 9:45 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 30, 2017 12:44 am  #105

SusiGo wrote:

I think it also depends a bit on how they want to do this. I mean, the biological clock is ticking for Una, Wanda, and Tim. And S5 without Una would be a very sad thing. I heard she was joking about Mrs Hudson needing a stair lift if they waited too long ...

Yes, and that's one of the points I've made.  If they wait too long, Una, Wanda, and Tim will be just fond memories by the time they ever get around to it, and I cannot see a Sherlock series without Mrs. Hudson.  If they're going to tape one final season before they call it quits permanently, they need to do it soon, while those three still have the health to act in it.

2019 or 2020 is only 2 or 3 years from now, so if the 5th season can be aired in either of those 2 years, the wait won't be any longer than it's been for the previous 4 seasons.

Last edited by kgreen20 (October 30, 2017 12:47 am)

October 30, 2017 7:25 am  #106

Personally I don't think planning of Sherlock will involve considerations of that trio still being alive, though I obviously hope they will be.
IF we ever do get another series, or episode...it only essentially needs Sherlock and John.

Last edited by besleybean (October 30, 2017 9:03 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 30, 2017 6:08 pm  #107

I'd agree with that.  Sherlock's family story has been kind of resolved, so no real reason for Wanda and Tim to appear again (although I would be delighted if they did!).  Mrs Hudson is canon and I'm sure they'd love for her to continue, but perhaps a niece/sister/relative could take over. 

October 30, 2017 9:04 pm  #108

I'm hoping for the sister!

October 31, 2017 4:57 pm  #109

Well there's always Mrs Turner...

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

October 31, 2017 5:11 pm  #110

Ha.

October 31, 2017 6:01 pm  #111

Haha. You're right, they don't have to be there for the story to continue, but I think especially Mrs. Hudson would be missed if she couldn't be on the show anymore.

Clueing for looks.

October 31, 2017 6:06 pm  #112

Definitely!

November 1, 2017 3:03 am  #113

She sure would be, and if Moffat and Gatiss don't want to deprive the viewers of her, they need to schedule the next shooting schedule within the next few years.

With that said, I would like to see Wanda and Tim come back, too!

Last edited by kgreen20 (November 1, 2017 3:03 am)

November 1, 2017 7:19 am  #114

We can all hope for all sorts.
But the fact remains: if Benedict and Martin are unavailable, it ain't going to happen.
Mark and Steven's schedules are not the problem.

November 1, 2017 1:44 pm  #115

Yeah, I think so, too. It's great that they're getting more jobs and more well-known (since they're great actors), but it does make it difficult to make more Sherlock.

Clueing for looks.

November 1, 2017 5:47 pm  #116

More difficult, but hopefully, not impossible.  At the very least, they could produce another one-shot special before producing another season.  Their schedules would surely allow for that.

November 1, 2017 5:49 pm  #117

Who knows?
They both seem pretty busy.

November 2, 2017 8:01 am  #118

I think they want to focus on other things now. Both their careers are skyrocketing at the moment and they want to take full advantage of that. We all know how ficle Hollywood and TV are - if they don't jump on the ball now, it will soon be too late. 

We fans might want another season, but its their lives and their careers. That is much more important than whatever we want, in my opinion.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

November 2, 2017 6:05 pm  #119

Glad you said that!

November 3, 2017 1:20 pm  #120

Yes, of course. I agree. And besides, just because it would be nice to see more Sherlock doesn't mean we also wouldn't enjoy seeing them in other films. Because I do like to see that!

Clueing for looks.

Board footera