BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 27, 2017 9:23 am  #81

Re: These "series 4 is the last" rumours

Well I shall be the happiest if I'm proven wrong and there is another series in the next 2-3 years. Otherwise, pessimism is what I have; pessimism protects me

September 16, 2017 2:29 pm  #82

I think this will lay the rumours to rest: 

[…] Moffat added that although it may be awhile before any new episodes are released, “Sherlock” is by no means finished. “We just called the episode ‘The Final Problem’ for s—s and giggles. We don’t know yet, and I’ve been busy working on other shows. Our show gallops along like a glacier, but expect another ice age in the future.”

http://addignisherlock.tumblr.com/post/165400518721/producers-of-stranger-things-veep-and

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 16, 2017 2:31 pm  #83

I'm willing to wait for an ice age.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 16, 2017 2:38 pm  #84

So am I. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 16, 2017 3:27 pm  #85

Me, too. Although I did start watching right before one of the shortest hiatus the show has ever had, so we'll see how I cope, lol.

Clueing for looks.

September 16, 2017 3:52 pm  #86

I am so glad to see that!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

September 16, 2017 6:08 pm  #87

I'm glad to hear that, but what's "s-s"?

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

September 16, 2017 6:10 pm  #88

Shits?!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 16, 2017 6:30 pm  #89

Yes, I think so.  There's an expression "for s__s and giggles" meaning "for fun".

September 16, 2017 7:36 pm  #90

Oh, I see, thank you!
And - for fun? Moftiss have no idea what they're doing with the fandom. Oh wait. They probably have.

-----

September 16, 2017 7:38 pm  #91

No, they just don't have a crystal ball.

September 16, 2017 8:20 pm  #92

Sounds great! They never closed the lid on this, I just got the impression that Ben and Martin wanted a break because they had so much else going on. And still do. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

October 29, 2017 11:18 am  #93

Here is a report from Sherlocked UK by someone who talked to Sue:

Sherlocked report #9. Had a lovely time at the cocktail party. Our group got to speak to Sue Vertue and I asked in a sly way about S5 by asking whether it was up to the BBC to commission another series and she said no, the beeb would love to have more series made as, (my words not hers) it’s quite a money spinner for them. It really is down to Mark and Steven getting time to write it first of all. She said that hopefully she’d like to get them together early next year to discuss things like what the plot would be etc. Then they’d have to write a draft plot line and see if primarily Ben and Martin would be up for doing it with that plot. Then she’d have to send Mark and Steven away on holiday together to write as it worked so well for s4. Then they’d have to sort out the logistics of Ben n Martins schedules. Ben has been working pretty much non stop for a year and Martins not far behind in the constant workloads. So in short she herself is hopeful that a S5 will happen but even if she pushed them to write super speed they have Dracula to get through its first season first and then they’d have to work out when B & M could film. She said that they hope that Dracula will film next year for a possible 2019 release (they’ve not started writing it properly at all, just a draft plot.) So Sherlocked wouldn’t be able to start to film at the earliest until a few months after Dracula has wrapped. So I’m figuring that would mean a very late 2019 or mid 2020 release at its best possible. I’m so sorry I can’t relay any better news than that, but at least we know now that the BBC and Hartswood are both keen to do it. Let’s face it, the Sherlock fandom is used to long hiatuses! !
Quelle: nixxie-pic

https://nixxie-pic.tumblr.com/post/166891106751/sherlocked-report-9-had-a-lovely-time-at-the

So it seems with a bit of luck there will be more. 

October 29, 2017 11:24 am  #94

Possibly to bring people more up-to-date or something, I don't know.
I have just sat and watched Mark on Channel 4's Sunday Brunch...in fact I think it's still on.
He is still giving the consistent line about Sherlock: all want to do more, but at the moment, Benedict and Martin just too busy.
They could leave it where it is, or they could pick it up in future if possible.
EDIT: Mark did reiterate that it is the first time they have been actually been in the position of having no plans to make any more Sherlock.

Last edited by besleybean (October 29, 2017 11:31 am)

October 29, 2017 11:28 am  #95

They have been telling us this about Benedict and Martin since after S1 aired. 

October 29, 2017 11:31 am  #96

I know and I never really took it seriously until this time...
Plus, it has just got worse and worse...obviously.
Oh and Mark referred to Sherlocked and said he wasn't able to attend this time...even he's busy!

October 29, 2017 12:44 pm  #97

Thanks for the update!  It's good to know what the process is.  2019 is earlier than I would even have hoped for (if it at all!), so good to know that's actually a possibility.  It does sound like it might be the scheduling that would cause problems, as we suspected. 

Last edited by Liberty (October 29, 2017 12:45 pm)

October 29, 2017 12:55 pm  #98

I am not a gambling person, but I still reckon we won't see any more Sherlock within 5 years...if at all.

October 29, 2017 2:03 pm  #99

Hard to say for now. It was cool to read what Sue had to say about the process.of creating a series of Sherlock.

Clueing for looks.

October 29, 2017 4:35 pm  #100

Thank you for the report, Susi.

-----

Board footera