BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 17, 2012 11:59 pm  #21

Re: Trailer for Elementary now on YouTube

Benedict is the Sherlock of our generation...he'll be remembered for his portrayal the same way Rathbone and Brett are. Although their maybe other Sherlocks around at the same time eg. Robert Downey Jr and Jonny Lee Miller, it will be the Benedict's version and the BBC series in general that will go down in history!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 27, 2012 3:01 am  #22

It looks awful. It just looks like a nondescript detective show (much like the multitude of other nondescript detective shows that have cropped up over the past few years)

I find it odd that they keep referring to him as "eccentric" and "alienated" yet (at least in the preview) he doesn't seem all that odd.And, although I'm no expert, he doesn't exactly scream Sherlock Holmes to me. House seems more like Sherlock Holmes to me than Jonny Lee Miller does in this preview. And maybe it's just me, but when Joan hints at him for going too far during the strangling conversation all I can think is that he didn't actually seem all that out of line. Speaking of JOAN Watson, there is something about changing John to Joan that is very annoying. It seems cheap. Too obvious.

I thought I would have to begrudgingly admit to thinking Elementary was a decent show. Jonny Lee Miller is pretty decent, after all... now I'm not so sure I'll have to admit anything 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved,
desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn!" - Jack Kerouac

June 27, 2012 5:43 am  #23

What I don't see is any trace of chemistry between the two leads.  What's the point?

We see it in Sherlock and John's first scene together, don't we?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was worth a wound–it was worth many wounds–to know the depth of loyalty and love which lay behind that cold mask. The clear, hard eyes were dimmed for a moment, and the firm lips were shaking. For the one and only time I caught a glimpse of a great heart as well as of a great brain. All my years of humble but single-minded service culminated in that moment of revelation.

June 27, 2012 7:53 am  #24

Yes, of course we do. The scene in the lab is a classic, beautiful and intelligent and … Regarding the fact that they usually put the most tempting, interesting, sparkling whatever scenes in a trailer to make people hungry for more this definitely isn't going to work. Not for me. And not for these 4,000 and something people who don't like the trailer so far.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 27, 2012 7:08 pm  #25

One thing I have observed: Jonny has been on a diet prior to starting Elementary. Look at the photos of him and Benedict in the Frankenstein thread and you will see what I mean. Definitely a skinnier version.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera