BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 11, 2016 6:26 pm  #21

Re: Fan Fiction questions that I can't answer but you probably can.

I appreciate everyone's thoughts and advice! You're all extremely helpful!!

This Is The Phantom Lady, Thank you especially for sharing your personal story. I think you've hit a lot of things right on the head.  I appreciate you!!!

Last edited by TakeMyHand (November 11, 2016 6:27 pm)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------///----
My name is Sky.  

"I may not know where my life is going, but at least I know where my Sherlock fanfiction's going."

November 12, 2016 11:06 pm  #22

Re: Fan Fiction questions that I can't answer but you probably can.

ukaunz wrote:

I'm going to have to watch the episode again in case I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the lights are flashing through the living room windows. The ones near the desk with the bison skull hung between them definitely face Baker Street. They are the windows that are blown inward from the explosion across the road in TGG. Isn't that where Sherlock is standing when the police cars pull up, not the kitchen? And yes, the cabby walks up the stairs from the street, but the stairs don't go straight up from the front door, they make a 180 degree turn with a little landing half way up. He emerges through the doorway into the living room. Sherlock is sitting at the desk with his back to the door, so he would be facing the street. The kitchen would also be behind him, and beyond that, the short hallway with the bathroom, and then Sherlock's bedroom (watch the scene with Janine in the flat again, or the scene where Sherlock is choosing what to wear to meet Irene for the first time). If the kitchen is where I think it is, there is a narrow shaft between the hallway and the next building, where the window would be. Just the way it looks on that floor plan I linked to. I can't actually remember getting a view out of the kitchen window, so please let me know if I'm wrong

As for the second floor with John's bedroom, it does make sense for it to be as wide as the rest of the flat at the front, but it isn't necessarily as deep as the lower floors. Sometimes terraces are sort of cut away at the back. I did a google street view search to find an example, and just around the corner from the North Gower Street location you can see what I mean.

Thanks so much for this great visual ukaunz! I've bookmarked this post for use in one of the fanfics I'm writing.

Board footera