BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 4, 2016 6:43 pm  #81

Re: Episode titles (spoilers)

I'm not really worried right now.  As has been stated before, Mark and Steven plotted out S4 and S5 at the same time so I'm assuming S5 is needed to complete what ever arc they've come up with.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 4, 2016 6:43 pm  #82

@ Susi. This is true.

@Tonnaree They may have plotted, but until Benedict and Martin sign on the dotted line, it doesn't have to happen.
But I really don't think anybody should panic, until we get some kind of BBC offical announcement.

Last edited by besleybean (October 4, 2016 6:46 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 9, 2016 3:22 pm  #83

Mark and Steven were still trotting out that old line at Sherlocked about how they could feasibly make this until Sherlock and John were old and grey and retired together. It's only the recent statement by Benedict that seems to have thrown things awry. I think the BBC would certainly recommission S5, 6, 7 and more as long as it keeps getting the many millions of viewers that it does. As far as I can see it's dependent upon the actors, and whilst it's clear that they both enjoy making Sherlock, they are both extremely busy and might not be able to make the time for it.

We might end up seeing Sherlock every 4 or 5 years instead of every 3.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

October 9, 2016 3:31 pm  #84

Which I suppose we would just have to live with...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 9, 2016 5:10 pm  #85

I wonder if they'd do a spin-off series, like they've done with Doctor Who?  (Torchwood, Sarah Jane Adventures, Class).   That might allow them to use the more "available" actors, perhaps with others appearing as cameos.  I know it won't be popular but the first thing that springs to mind is a series as Mary as a kind of James Bond character.   But there are lots of possibilities.  I'd watch a series about Mycroft.  Or his parents!  Or child/teen Sherlock, or elderly Sherlock with different actors.   They could even do a series (set in the past, presumably) from Moriarty's point of view. 

October 9, 2016 5:39 pm  #86

We are desperate, aren't we?

October 9, 2016 7:32 pm  #87

Er, we kind of do that now.
I think the implication is we may be waiting more like 5 years.

October 9, 2016 7:59 pm  #88

We don't really have much option on the waiting part...
Though I still remember the day in 2011, when it was announced ep 2 wouldn't be out until Jan 2012 and I was furious.  I thought it was outrageous and couldn't imagine a whole year without Sherlock...oh, those were the days!

October 9, 2016 8:40 pm  #89

I don't mind waiting for quality, the beautiful this fandom is its ability to fill out the wait... though hiatus can get a bit... strange

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

October 9, 2016 8:42 pm  #90

You're telling me!

October 10, 2016 2:28 pm  #91

Liberty wrote:

I wonder if they'd do a spin-off series, like they've done with Doctor Who?  (Torchwood, Sarah Jane Adventures, Class).   That might allow them to use the more "available" actors, perhaps with others appearing as cameos.

...Sherlock getting rid of Watsons and their baby, solving crimes passionately with Lestrade, Mrs. Hudson and a new lover Victor Trevor... hmmm, I would watch that....

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

October 10, 2016 2:40 pm  #92

SusiGo wrote:

I am was quite shocked as well. But please have a look at this post. The quote has been taken out of context. He did not even mention the "next series", he was talking about the "last series" which is not the quite the same. And nothing the team has said during SDCC or Sherlocked pointed in this direction. We should take everything with a grain of salt. (I think the linked post is valid without believing in Johnlock as well. The quotes have been taken out of context, not from the article as a whole). 

http://gosherlocked.tumblr.com/post/151280482036/it-might-be-the-end-of-an-era-it-feels-like-the

I had just found this. Maybe it´s enough to put an end to the speculations that Sherlock is ending with S4.

http://inevitably-johnlocked.tumblr.com/post/151568156875/steven-reacts-to-the-gq-report-of-sherlock-ending

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

October 10, 2016 5:19 pm  #93

I never thought there was a desire to end it...
But I do feel Benedict is looking at both his and Martin's schedules years ahead and cannot see an overlapping window.
But he also hinted at something terminal in S4.

October 10, 2016 5:34 pm  #94

Yes, I agree.  I don't think the show is ending (at least, I think they do still want to go ahead with S5, if possible), but something is ending. 

Oh, something's coming as well!  (According to the trailer.  I keep getting the song from West Side Story in my head when I watch that.  "Could it be?  Yes it could.  Something's coming, something good", except I've a feeling this may not be anything good).

October 11, 2016 1:52 am  #95

I suspect that John's marriage is ending and that he's going to become a fatherless widower.  His partnership with Sherlock, on the other hand, will not end.

Last edited by kgreen20 (October 11, 2016 1:52 am)

October 11, 2016 3:19 am  #96

If John and Sherlocks partnership did end... technically Sherlock wouldn't make much sense if you consider the original premise of the books...

So I'm not worrying about that.  And really I do believe in series 5.

I think though that there could come drastic changes to the show and I for one think that's probably what Ben was talking about...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

October 11, 2016 7:16 am  #97

Yes, I think so.  Mary leaving/dying is something expected, and she's only been in one series (and TAB) before now.    I suppose if Benedict really loved working with Amanda, it could feel like the end of an era, even if it's quite a short era?   But the comment about it going to a place where it would be hard to follow on from immediately - I'm not quite seeing how that fits with Amanda leaving.   I think it's something else.   

October 11, 2016 7:28 am  #98

That's the worrying bit!

October 11, 2016 1:57 pm  #99

Well, loosing Mary (and possibly the baby) could leave John in a place where it would be very hard to just continue having fun with Sherlock at crime scenes, But for some reason I also do not think that this is what Ben talks about.

****************************************************************************************************************************************
We balance probabilities and choose the most likely. It is the scientific use of the imagination.    

October 11, 2016 2:22 pm  #100

Is there any evidence that Benedict's words are necessarily referring to something tragic or dark? 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

Board footera