BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 15, 2012 3:35 pm  #21

Re: Sherlock Masterclass at Edinburgh Festival (with Moffat/Gatiss/Vertue)

Wow, Sherlock! That is SO cool! Take LOADS of pics so we can pretend it's us there, OK?!!!!! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

July 15, 2012 4:27 pm  #22

Sherlock Holmes, how wonderful!!! What a great surprise. Breathe deep

July 15, 2012 7:28 pm  #23

Thanks guys. Don't worry I'll give you all a full report with some pics too hopefully.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 16, 2012 11:38 am  #24

Benedict Cumberbatch to give Sherlock Masterclass at Edinburgh Television Festival
Series three revelations are promised as the star joins co-creators Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss on the panel in August

- Well we shall expect urgent messages when the secrets of Series 3 are revealed.
- We want video coverage, so we can see everyone's faces & work out who is trolling
- we want you to take Benedict's pulse as a lie detecting technique
- we want Moffat drugged with a truth serum
- we want Gatiss bound & whipped until he spills the beans

Going a bit far now huh?

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

July 16, 2012 3:17 pm  #25

It's quite all right. I've already been in touch with our favourite consulting criminal and have arranged for several snipers to be in the room. I will kidnap the entire panel, take them to a secret location and hold them all captive until they've completed Series 3.

July 16, 2012 10:33 pm  #26

I do like your thinking!

July 17, 2012 4:49 am  #27

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

It's quite all right. I've already been in touch with our favourite consulting criminal and have arranged for several snipers to be in the room. I will kidnap the entire panel, take them to a secret location and hold them all captive until they've completed Series 3.

Hmmm, no. No snipers. They will believe in their scripts & all climb to the top of the tallest building , etc , etc.
There are only so many Quavers packets in Edinburgh at the moment, Sarah Ferguson & her daughters ate them all on a recent visit.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

July 24, 2012 5:12 pm  #28

So if any of you guys can think of a vaguely intelligent question I can ask the panel that won't make me seem like a crazy fangirl I'm taking suggestions. The only ones I've been able to think of so far have been rather stupid, lol.

July 25, 2012 1:51 am  #29

Hmm, well it depends who you address it to I guess. But looking at who is going to be there, I'd say look for what they seem to be most passionate about; what they would open up about the most.
Off the top of my head I'd say :
- the translating of scenes from canon to modern day. We've seen lots of interviews where Gatiss & Moffatt are very enthusiatistic about this aspect. Gatiss ex=specially (although he naturally gets more excited about things) OR
- the 'manufacturing' of a character (molly) with such success. Now this is one that I do ponder over. Will they attempt it again? Because it is straying from canon to do so. Once might work but any more than that, they are in dangerous territory. So will they keep forging on with Molly taking a forward role or will they back off somewhat?

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

July 25, 2012 10:27 am  #30

Although Donovan and Anderson are also manufactured characters.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 9, 2012 6:29 am  #31

SAD NEWS BOSS!!!!!!

Just saw on Twitter-

https://twitter.com/EdinburghTVFest
EdinburghTVFestival
Owing to other commitments, Benedict Cumberbatch will no longer be at MGEITF ...but Andrew Scott will be! Yay!)

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

August 9, 2012 6:59 am  #32

He's away filming in New Orleans for 12 Years a Slave at the moment. At least out wee Oirish man will be there.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 23, 2012 5:24 pm  #33

Steven Moffat Tweet (10 h ago):

"Writing Doctor Who on a train to Edinburgh - could be worse!"

He's already on the way, I guess together with Mark?!

With the train from London to Edinburgh, it's almost like Harry Potter 

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

Board footera