BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 29, 2016 12:37 pm  #81

Re: Secret Santa Fic Exchange 2016

Feel free to PM me, Vhanja, and anyone else

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 30, 2016 4:35 pm  #82

I guess I might as well post my own progress report. I have an outline/summary of sorts, just about all the elements together. I will hopefully start the real writing today or this week, even though I probably should have already started.

Clueing for looks.

October 30, 2016 5:05 pm  #83

Yitzock wrote:

I guess I might as well post my own progress report. I have an outline/summary of sorts, just about all the elements together. I will hopefully start the real writing today or this week, even though I probably should have already started.

Same for me. I don't think I've ever spent this long just pre-planning a fic before, but I think I've finally got a premise I'm happy with!  Now I just need to actually write it....I sense a need for large supplies of coffee in my immediate future 

-------------------------------------------------------

November 15, 2016 10:13 pm  #84

Hello all,

Oh, I love Christmas and I love fanfic! Looks like I'm too late for this exchange. (I've just re-joined the forum a week ago). I guess I could do a pinch-hit if needed. Regardless, I look forward to reading all your creations. :D

November 15, 2016 10:25 pm  #85

Hi OpalJade, thanks for the offer. We nearly had a pinch-hit situation during the Midyear exchange, so you never know

Everyone has been pretty quiet about their progress, how are all you writers doing?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 16, 2016 2:48 pm  #86

I have my story nicely planned but it´s incredible how slowly I´m writing it....

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

November 16, 2016 3:30 pm  #87

Mine is back from my dear beta reader. Now I will have to go over it one last time and then - the horror! - start formatting. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 16, 2016 4:29 pm  #88

nakahara wrote:

I have my story nicely planned but it´s incredible how slowly I´m writing it....

That's how mine is going, too. But we will get there!

Clueing for looks.

November 18, 2016 4:52 am  #89

OpalJade wrote:

Hello all,

Oh, I love Christmas and I love fanfic! Looks like I'm too late for this exchange. (I've just re-joined the forum a week ago). I guess I could do a pinch-hit if needed. Regardless, I look forward to reading all your creations. :D

Dear OpalJade, could you pm me? I'd like to discuss a few things about joining the exchange ... :-D

As for writing my fic, I feel a lot better this year than the last few times. I have allowed myself to pick a prompt that matches exactly what I wanted to write about. (The last years, I have always taken the one prompt left at the end and had to struggle a bit.)

I am a bit slow with writing due to real life but happy with my plot. :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

November 18, 2016 10:03 am  #90

I'm thinking about some fill-ins. Nothing special. But hope you nevertheless like them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

November 18, 2016 10:20 am  #91

gently69 wrote:

I'm thinking about some fill-ins. Nothing special. But hope you nevertheless like them.

Can you pm / WhatsApp me about it too so I can do some planning?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 19, 2016 5:15 am  #92

Yitzock wrote:

nakahara wrote:

That's how mine is going, too. But we will get there!

Me as well.

Loads of tea, chocolate and lack of sleep all around! 

I've also been sick the past while which has not helped the writing process AT ALL, blargh. However, I finally found a way to deal with that last annoyingly frustrating plot point that did not want to cooperate with me (I swear all stories are entities in their own right and laugh at us evilly when writers block pulls up a chair...) and I am no longer sick! So writing should be a little easier.

In the mean time, let us have some classic inspirational music 

Last edited by SilverMoonDragonB (November 19, 2016 5:15 am)

-------------------------------------------------------

November 19, 2016 10:06 am  #93

Great one, Silver. And all the best for your writing. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 19, 2016 10:15 am  #94

I'm also in the planning phase. Starting to plan out various scenes, the plot itself... this is quite different from what I've done before, and so it takes a bit more planning. Fun, though, interesting challenge. 

Last edited by Vhanja (November 19, 2016 10:15 am)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

November 19, 2016 3:12 pm  #95

Schmiezi wrote:

OpalJade wrote:

Hello all,

Dear OpalJade, could you pm me? I'd like to discuss a few things about joining the exchange ... :-D

As for writing my fic, I feel a lot better this year than the last few times. I have allowed myself to pick a prompt that matches exactly what I wanted to write about. (The last years, I have always taken the one prompt left at the end and had to struggle a bit.)
I am a bit slow with writing due to real life but happy with my plot. :-)

Hi, I *think* I pm you yesterday. Let me know if you didn't get it. 

Last edited by OpalJade (November 19, 2016 3:13 pm)

November 19, 2016 10:13 pm  #96

You did. I've just sent you an answer. :-)

November 22, 2016 4:59 pm  #97

I still haven't written much, but I*m glad I've spent this much time planning and thinking. Got quite a few ideas that I like now, and the story is slowly taking form inside my head. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

November 24, 2016 10:13 am  #98

I am over 5,000 words into my story. For me that means I've barely even begun. By what time doe we need to send it in, Schmiezi? I'm getting a bit worried.

Last edited by dioscureantwins (November 24, 2016 10:14 am)

November 24, 2016 1:24 pm  #99

dioscureantwins wrote:

I am over 5,000 words into my story. For me that means I've barely even begun. By what time doe we need to send it in, Schmiezi? I'm getting a bit worried.

Well, let me put it this way: I have got only one finished fic so far. If it stays like that it will not make sense to start posting them December 1st.

But I am sure that there will be a lot more coming in until November 30th. :-D

November 24, 2016 2:33 pm  #100

I think I´ll finish mine and send it around 5-th of December. I have too much work these days and so I have less time to write than I would have wished. But I am making a nice progress with my story, so maybe I´ll finish sooner.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

Board footera