BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 3, 2016 12:26 pm  #61

Re: Secret Santa Fic Exchange 2016

I am glad to hear that!

Matching always makes me a bit nervous but I can assure you all that I gave my best.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

October 3, 2016 12:47 pm  #62

I love my prompt, I've got tons of ideas there, I'm going to have so much fun!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

October 3, 2016 1:03 pm  #63

I just looked at my prompt. It's going to be a challenge, but then again it always is, I guess. I will try my best!

Clueing for looks.

October 3, 2016 4:48 pm  #64

Ahh, now I'm sad once again that I won't take part this year. Getting the prompt and reading wishes has always been so exciting 
Good luck with your prompts and have a lot of fun everyone!

And thank you so much for all the nice wishes  , I'll try my best to get better.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

October 3, 2016 7:31 pm  #65

Yitzock wrote:

dioscureantwins wrote:

Oh dear, as we are an uneven number I surmise the matching is going to be quite a challenge. Good luck, Schmiezi. 

An uneven number doesn't make a difference.  If everyone swapped with someone else, then yeah, you would have a problem.  But I don't believe that's how this works.  Each of the 11 is assigned to one, not necessarily being assigned to the same person assigned to them.

Oh goodness yes. You're absolutely right. *facepalms*

October 3, 2016 7:31 pm  #66

Prompt received. Very interesting, never had quite that type of challenge before. Time to start plotting!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

October 3, 2016 7:32 pm  #67

I love my prompt. Not overflowing with ideas yet but somehow they always crop up.

October 3, 2016 7:35 pm  #68

Lautrela wrote:

I don't write, I don't even know how to write, but I hope you'll all have fun. Good luck everyone. 

Thank you! That's very kind of you. And you know what? Until I first watched Sherlock (back in 2011), I'd never written a sentence of fiction in my life. Now, if AO3 is to be believed, I've churned out over 800K of fanfiction. It is indeed such fun. You really should try it one day.

October 3, 2016 8:13 pm  #69

Oh, this will be fun. No precise idea yet but I will get there. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 4, 2016 7:56 pm  #70

I'm afraid I can't commit the time to partake in this (sadly), but I just wanted to say THIS IS SUCH A BRILLIANT IDEA KUDOS TO YOU. I love brilliant minds. Have fun!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------///----
My name is Sky.  

"I may not know where my life is going, but at least I know where my Sherlock fanfiction's going."

October 5, 2016 7:15 am  #71

I will try to find a fill-in or two or...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

October 5, 2016 1:57 pm  #72

That would be great, gently. Please contact me if you got something. :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 13, 2016 1:54 am  #73

I may have missed something, but when do we have to be finished writing our story? The end of November?

Clueing for looks.

October 13, 2016 3:22 am  #74

Yitzock wrote:

I may have missed something, but when do we have to be finished writing our story? The end of November?

Exactly. I didn't give a special day as dead line because last year 70 percent didn't finish in time. Without a dead line, I thought, I won't get mad at anybody for being too late because you cannot be too late without a dead line. ;-)

The end of November should be a reasonable goal though, so we can start at the first of December and won't have too much time between fics.

BTW, how do you all feel with writing?

October 13, 2016 6:38 am  #75

I feel good. Got ideas and an almost-complete plot -the approaching holidays will give me time to perfect it.
About the no set deadline, I think that's a good idea, especially for people who are terrible at having -and respecting- a deadline with or without mitigating circumstances (yeah, me. Hides in shame.).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

October 13, 2016 7:08 pm  #76

Thanks, Schmiezi.  

I think I've got an idea for my story now, though I still have some things I need to figure out.  I'm not totally blank anymore, at least.

Clueing for looks.

October 29, 2016 5:43 am  #77

Hey everyone, how's it all going? I'm back from my holiday, if anyone wants a beta reader or other help.

It's so exciting, knowing that you've all had your prompts and are now writing away furiously 

Schmiezi, let me know if there's anything I can do to help with the exchange later on 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 29, 2016 8:35 am  #78

ukaunz wrote:

Hey everyone, how's it all going? I'm back from my holiday, if anyone wants a beta reader or other help.

It's so exciting, knowing that you've all had your prompts and are now writing away furiously

Schmiezi, let me know if there's anything I can do to help with the exchange later on

I can always use some help ukanuz. Thank you for offering. I will contact you.

October 29, 2016 9:52 am  #79

I might want a beta reader once I've written the story, would be great!

Right now I'm in the planning stage. Got some ideas swirling in my head, just need to figure out which ones to drag down and which ones to let go.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

October 29, 2016 10:22 am  #80

Mine is getting longer and longer. At the beginning I was not quite sure how to go about this but once I got the knack of it it … now I will have to try and not exceed the limit. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

Board footera