BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 25, 2016 8:19 pm  #121

Re: The Extended Mind Palace/Dream Theory (contains spoilers)

Here we are: http://multifandom-madnesss.tumblr.com/post/150905994674/tie-hell-is-solved  It looks like what he said is being taken seriously.  I love the idea of writing it into a scene!  

September 25, 2016 8:21 pm  #122

So 2 errors, although to be fair, they had tried to correct the first!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 25, 2016 8:38 pm  #123

Interesting that Mark noticed it too, but was told he was wrong.

Anyway, this is really interesting because the tie was the major, concrete thing, casting doubt on the otherwise seemingly "real" sections of TAB.  I'm not sure if this is more relevant to TAB or to EMP, but it's enlightning to have it confirmed as a definite mistake rather than a clue. 

September 25, 2016 8:39 pm  #124

Well, we have been taught to always look for the simplest explanation!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 25, 2016 8:47 pm  #125

But if we did that, we'd have nothing to talk about!

September 25, 2016 8:49 pm  #126

I just remember thinking...but anybody can make a mistake.

October 15, 2016 1:11 pm  #127

Another thought:

Why does John’s blog stop after the wedding? Why did we never get any entry after that? The last things we got are the commentaries for the TSoT entry, Sherlock asking desperately if anyone wants to find out how he deduced killer and victim at the wedding. No one answers. Mrs Hudson offers to play Cluedo with him. Which is more or less the situation in which we met him in ASiP. Alone, with no one to share his thoughts and brilliance with. 

In the universe of the blog this is where the show has stopped. What if the same was true for the show itself? I think the beginning of HLV might be real, up to the shot. But John has nothing to blog about because his mind and heart is taken up with Sherlock lying motionless in a bed. This is not something he could or want to share with the public.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 31, 2016 8:46 am  #128

In case anyone is interested - an EMP buddy of mine made a nice masterpost of all our musings:

http://gosherlocked.tumblr.com/post/152548333696/emp-edt-masterpost 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 31, 2016 10:44 am  #129

SusiGo wrote:

In case anyone is interested - an EMP buddy of mine made a nice masterpost of all our musings:

http://gosherlocked.tumblr.com/post/152548333696/emp-edt-masterpost 

Definitely interested. Thank you. :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

October 31, 2016 8:47 pm  #130

Oh god sorry, I'm not retarded or something but I simply don't get how tumblr works or how to read it.
Where exactly can I read the theory?
Could you please pose an exact link?  The link above only leads to an intro...

Ok, uhm just klicked through the post. Do you refer to this site:
https://monikakrasnorada.tumblr.com/post/152529110582/emp-edt-masterpost
where different aspects of EMP and scenes are listed?

tumblr is too confusing for me, lol.

- - -

Breathing is boring!

English isn't my first language, feel free to correct me via PM!

October 31, 2016 8:53 pm  #131

This is the right one. The lists consist of links which you should be able to click.

October 31, 2016 9:03 pm  #132

Yep, very clear now! Lots and lots of stuff to read.
I already know some of those, for example the hospital thing, but there are some others to explore, I am sure.

Last edited by Rache (October 31, 2016 9:04 pm)

- - -

Breathing is boring!

English isn't my first language, feel free to correct me via PM!

October 31, 2016 9:05 pm  #133

There is a lot of brilliant stuff in there.

November 1, 2016 7:16 pm  #134

Here is another thing I discovered when looking again the empty house scenes:

http://gosherlocked.tumblr.com/post/152605654696/hlv-the-impossible-house

November 1, 2016 7:43 pm  #135

That is an amazing find!

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

April 17, 2017 5:48 pm  #136

Interesting find: 

http://devoursjohnlock.tumblr.com/post/159589038546/ugly-duckling

So in his mind dying Sherlock knew about the Eastern Europe mission that is shown on Mycroft's computer screen days later when Greg visits his office? And - provided it is the same mission Sherlock is sent on - Mycroft waited months until Sherlock was well enough to - decline? And then to be sent there anyway after killing Magnussen? And then to be called back because of the video? 

April 17, 2017 6:35 pm  #137

Apparently so.

April 17, 2017 6:39 pm  #138

But you do agree that it is impossible that Sherlock in his dying moments foresees something that later appears on Mycroft's computer screen? There are things that do not make sense if we take them for granted. Like this one. 

April 17, 2017 6:43 pm  #139

I will have to try and see what you mean when I re-watch...it obviously didn't bother me at the time and doesn't bother me now.
What we are shown happened, largely as far as I'm concerned.
We know Sherlock shot CAM from what is shown in TST.

April 18, 2017 6:29 am  #140

I never realized that. It is really weird!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

Board footera