BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 25, 2016 10:03 pm  #161

Re: Official BBC releases - Series 4 - The Game is On!

Very nice detecting indeed!  And I love that the Red-headed League might be included - such a fun story!    And the alleged Princess Margaret pictures - I hadn't thought of them before in relation to ASIB!

November 25, 2016 10:44 pm  #162

Okay I'm tired... but my brain just did a weird jump... Princess Margaret ... Margaret Thatcher... The 6 Thatchers... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

November 25, 2016 10:47 pm  #163

About the grey- I swear I remember an interview somewhere where the hair lady (I forget her name, sorry! is it Claire maybe?) was saying she hid bits of grey in the new wig to show he's aging. I'm about 98% certain there's a quote somewhere but I have no idea where to find it.

Doomsteady on AO3 & Tumblr

November 25, 2016 11:07 pm  #164

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

Okay I'm tired... but my brain just did a weird jump... Princess Margaret ... Margaret Thatcher... The 6 Thatchers... 

A national danger... six compromising pictures of Margaret Thatcher stolen!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

November 25, 2016 11:07 pm  #165

I don't understand how he would need a wig, though. He unwillingly let his hair grow out until the point where he hid it under a hat at ComicCon because he thought it looked dreadful without it being "twisted and twirled" by the makeup-department, and then he immediately cut it short after Setlock was finished. Why would he have gone through all of that if he was just using a wig anyway?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

November 25, 2016 11:07 pm  #166

Vhanja wrote:

Haha, they forget to wipe out his Dr. Strange grey locks? 

Well he has still got his Dr. Strange eyebrows I suppose!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 25, 2016 11:08 pm  #167

GimmeCat wrote:

About the grey- I swear I remember an interview somewhere where the hair lady (I forget her name, sorry! is it Claire maybe?) was saying she hid bits of grey in the new wig to show he's aging. I'm about 98% certain there's a quote somewhere but I have no idea where to find it.

So it´s not just light, apparently....

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

November 26, 2016 10:43 pm  #168

Vhanja wrote:

I don't understand how he would need a wig, though. He unwillingly let his hair grow out until the point where he hid it under a hat at ComicCon because he thought it looked dreadful without it being "twisted and twirled" by the makeup-department, and then he immediately cut it short after Setlock was finished. Why would he have gone through all of that if he was just using a wig anyway?

Exactly. I do not think he wears a wig. Maybe in some scenes of ep. 1, if at all. As you said, no reason for him to grow his hair if they used a wig. And those for example look quite natural to me:

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 26, 2016 10:50 pm  #169

Especially in the last one his hair looks a lot better than the wig in TAB... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

November 30, 2016 7:24 pm  #170

I'm very. VERY scared now

Look how lifeless they look... frozen... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGMSO3KkXDQ 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

November 30, 2016 7:52 pm  #171

I love it. The sound. The dark mood. This looks drastic and really huge. I'm really hoping that the actual episodes will live up to this.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

November 30, 2016 8:00 pm  #172

That is creepy as hell.

Water, water everywhere. What can it mean??!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 30, 2016 8:06 pm  #173

Do you see Mycroft's umbrella right next to the fireplace? That is scary...!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

November 30, 2016 8:12 pm  #174

No, I hadn't noticed it... very worrying.

The only comforting thing about this teaser is that John and Sherlock are together at Baker Street!

November 30, 2016 8:15 pm  #175

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

November 30, 2016 8:21 pm  #176

The shoe where he keeps his tobacco in TAB is also floating on the water along with his violin... and is that an eyeball in a cup? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

November 30, 2016 8:24 pm  #177

I'm pretty convinced that we won't see any of this on the show (or okay, if we do, it certainly won't be real).
The teaser perfectly sets the mood though.

November 30, 2016 8:25 pm  #178

I have a feeling this "scene" won't be used in the show, not even as hallucination or mind palace.

I'm thinking it's either the team messing with us: it's just another teaser like the violin with the broken string, to give the upcoming series a sense of ominous foreboding, Or...
The water has some particular significance...

Crossposted, Susi

Last edited by ukaunz (November 30, 2016 8:27 pm)

November 30, 2016 8:26 pm  #179

I'm pretty sure it's not real, it seems and feel like a mood teaser.... and a brilliant one at that! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

November 30, 2016 8:40 pm  #180

Can we please talk about the rainbow colours in the PBS version? 

http://pbstv.tumblr.com/post/153870872404/its-not-a-game-anymore-a-new-season-of-sherlock

Last edited by SusiGo (November 30, 2016 8:41 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

Board footera