BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 25, 2016 8:00 am  #141

Re: Official BBC releases - Series 4 - The Game is On!

I realized when reading up on D-notice that it's not called like this anymore since 1993. Besides, Sherlock's first name isn't Sherlock. So maybe it's really Sherrinford's case from year 1982, signed by a different Smallwood.

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

November 25, 2016 8:04 am  #142

Schmiezi wrote:

I like that idea! John looking determined to continue the Christening instead of reacting to that... Interesting!

On the other hand, it seems umlikely that Sherlock wouldn't be watching Mary like a hawk if she's about to be led away. Maybe something just comes back from Mary's past or maybe the baby's father's identity is suddenly somehow an issue.

-----

November 25, 2016 8:28 am  #143

ewige wrote:

I realized when reading up on D-notice that it's not called like this anymore since 1993. Besides, Sherlock's first name isn't Sherlock. So maybe it's really Sherrinford's case from year 1982, signed by a different Smallwood.

In 1982 Sherlock would have been about 8 years old, Mycroft about 15. Hmm, perhaps Sherrinford was an older brother who had an outburst of brotherly compassion for Sherlock and somehow became a risk to national security... and how could it be linked to Moriarty?

Lady Smallwood would have been in her early 30s (estimate based on Lindsay Duncan's DOB). Would that be too young to be Home Secretary? Or it could be a different E. Smallwood as you say, ewige — her husband, father in law, or another relative.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 25, 2016 8:33 am  #144

ukaunz wrote:

In 1982 Sherlock would have been about 8 years old, Mycroft about 15.

Didn't the case book say he was born in 1981? Alternatively, ppl report 1977 standing on a different grave stone than the one they ended up using.

-----

November 25, 2016 8:47 am  #145

I've not read the Casebook unfortunately, and my headcanon is he's about Benedict's age But I probably had the 1977 birthdate in mind from that headstone.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 25, 2016 5:55 pm  #146

One thing I noticed is that Sherlock seem to be getting grey around the temple. It would've been dyed especially for Sherlock seeing as Ben already dyed his hair black (which would have covered any natural grey hairs).

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

November 25, 2016 6:02 pm  #147

Unless it's the lighting? 

But it would be a 'subtle' way to make him age through the show

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

November 25, 2016 6:34 pm  #148

Setlock spoiler:

IIRC, 8 year old Sherlock and 15 year old Mycroft would fit quite well with the casting of their younger versions

Makes you wonder if there was more to that scene about looking up a cold case on the plane in TAB.  Especially if Mary can access top security files.

Last edited by Liberty (November 25, 2016 6:35 pm)

November 25, 2016 7:05 pm  #149

So maybe it goes back even younger? Before Redbeard?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

November 25, 2016 7:06 pm  #150

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

Unless it's the lighting? 

To be honest, I don't think so. I dare you to find any pic from any angle between S1-S3 where Sherlock has any grey hair. I think it's done deliberate.

Team Hudders!

November 25, 2016 7:56 pm  #151

He doesn't look like he's going grey to me 

November 25, 2016 8:02 pm  #152

I too think it must be the lightning.

-----

November 25, 2016 8:03 pm  #153

The lightning in that picture looks pretty harsh and cold. 

It sort of reminds of how my hair reacts in certain lights. I had my hair coloured 'blueish black' and it does that in certain light settings. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

November 25, 2016 8:07 pm  #154

It might be just me and the lighting, but I can clearly see him going grey.

Team Hudders!

November 25, 2016 8:12 pm  #155

Maybe it's just his Dr. Strange showing

-----

November 25, 2016 8:17 pm  #156

Haha, they forget to wipe out his Dr. Strange grey locks? 

Team Hudders!

November 25, 2016 8:39 pm  #157

Ha!

But really, if they did give him greys it would be a nice way of gradually letting him age

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

November 25, 2016 9:32 pm  #158

Vhanja wrote:

It might be just me and the lighting, but I can clearly see him going grey.

You are right. His hair seems to be grey at the temple.... 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

November 25, 2016 9:35 pm  #159

Liberty wrote:

I think that snapshots of expressions can be really difficult to judge, as people's faces are mobile.  And Una has such lovely, big, soulful eyes, that Mrs Hudson might look sad when she isn't.  Maybe she's exasperated, as is often the case.  Maybe the baby is crying and she's worried about her. Maybe somebody told a bad joke!  

Also, she wore the same jacket and "worried" expression at Watson´s wedding, as some fans found out.

http://the-seventh-stranger.tumblr.com/post/153597142700/welovethebeekeeper-the-seventh-stranger-same

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

November 25, 2016 9:43 pm  #160

Board footera