BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 12, 2016 11:32 am  #401

Re: Official BBC releases - Series 4 - The Game is On!

The name of Baby Watson has been revealed in an official birth announcement in today's Daily Telegraph:

https://twitter.com/sherlockology/status/808209874618355712

Mods Note:  Edited post to take out actual name.  Please keep spoilers in threads that are tagged for them.
Thank you!

Last edited by tonnaree (December 12, 2016 1:01 pm)

O, learn to read what silent love hath writ:
To hear with eyes belongs to love’s fine wit.
(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

December 12, 2016 4:22 pm  #402

I do agree with you guys, I don't like everything being MP either. I prefer as little MP as possible. Not that I mind it, but I want stuff to happen in real life for the most part.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

December 12, 2016 6:13 pm  #403

It was necessary to make TAB mostly MP; that was the only way to make that special work and still fit into the TV series.  But too much MP would most definitely spoil the show; for that reason, I don't believe that Moffat and Gatiss will use that unless they deem it necessary to.

December 12, 2016 6:46 pm  #404

Good point about TAB, Kgreen20.  I think I've been getting the feeling that they are always giving more time to mind palace and making it more complex, and more integral to the plot.   But of course TAB was a one-off, and there's no reason why we shouldn't see less mind palace than in S3 this time.  I think it depends how much they like using it. 

It would be very misleading to show us mind palace in the trailer.  Maybe not us, so much, as everything that comes up, we're thinking "mind palace"!  But for general viewers, some of whom might not have even watched the series up until now.  But they might want to deliberately mislead. 

I'm happy with some mind palace.  But I'd like the "I love you" scene to be real, rather than mind palace, even though it looks mind palacey.  I'll feel a bit cheated if it's not real. 

December 12, 2016 6:51 pm  #405

Liberty wrote:

I'll feel a bit cheated if it's not real. 

This.

I also think that there's even more emotional stuff to come than "I love you". They wouldn't waste all the good stuff on the trailer, right?

Last edited by ewige (December 12, 2016 6:52 pm)

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

December 12, 2016 7:55 pm  #406

Hey guys, I don't venture here very often at the moment because.... seriously?
I think everybody here knows my opinion on the mary-baby-coolnewteam-stuff and... I'm just preparing myself for the possibility that they will go for this. I read a lot abot the extended mind palace theory and I actually see nothing endearing in this newspaper ad nor in the new promo pics or a trailer full of baby stuff but... at the momet I honestly think they will go for this. Mary will roost for exactly nothing, the baby will be real, John is a happy dad and Sherlock is a baby to be mended and be joked about. And for those who think Mary will be dealt with by the end of TST: Amanda is confirmed for the second episode as well on imdb. And her name on the new poster right after the two boys does not exactly fit her into the row of supporting characters, does it? Plus she still seems to be the one among the actors to do PR and stuff. So, I think this could actually be real, she's in the inner circle of trust and among the circle of friends with Molly, Lestrade and Mrs. Hudson. Her shooting Sherlock does not count, I don't think.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

December 12, 2016 8:02 pm  #407

Trailer full of baby stuff? The baby is completely non-existent in both trailers released so far. Actually, there is not one, single moment of domestic-Mary-baby-Watson--Uncle Sherlock-fluff in any of the trailers.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

December 12, 2016 8:07 pm  #408

I didn't say anything about uncle Sherlock but obviously there will be some sort of baby shower,

birth in the tunnel, christening and Mary on the run in Morocco

. All I said that we might actually get some Warstan happiness and Mary not as an assasin but miraculously turned into a secret agent working for the side of the angels. And we get a birth anouncement in a real newspaper and promo pics that are promoting what has exactly nothing to do with "Sherlock" anymore.

(Edited to hide possible hints from setlock!)

Last edited by Liberty (December 12, 2016 9:14 pm)

"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

December 12, 2016 8:16 pm  #409

We clearly see it quite differently. I think it's cute that they put the notice in the paper. And of course the baby will have to be featured in the show, you can't just ignore that it exists. But seeing as we now have two trailers that don't even mention the baby or any kind of "uncle Sherlock" at all, it seems clear to me that it will not be the main focus of the series. Which I never thought it would be.

Neither do I see any problem with some Warstand happiness. God knows John deserves some moments of happiness. Considering what's hinted at in the trailer, he won't be seeing much of it, so I'll be glad for any small fragment of joy he can get between all the angst and drama that seem to be ahead.

Team Hudders!

December 12, 2016 8:22 pm  #410

Yes, we clearly do.
I repeat, I was not talking about uncle Sherlock her, I did not see anything of that either.
But I think there was baby in the last trailer? Who is Mary holding at the baby shower then? Who are Lestrade and John talking about, chatting about "fatherhood"? It is there. And of course you cannot ignore it, I never said so. But why pushing it all so hard lately? And about the happiness: what about the happiness of the main character who already sold his soul last season for the happiness of basically everyone else?

December 12, 2016 8:28 pm  #411

I'm not seeing them pushing it hard at all. There is a picture and a notice. Part of the PR. 

And of course I wish happiness for Sherlock, but that doesn't seem to be in the cards at all if we go by the trailers.

Team Hudders!

December 12, 2016 8:30 pm  #412

Mrs house, I think you are confusing the 2nd Trailer with the Colbert exclusive clip? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 12, 2016 8:36 pm  #413

Not my spoiler

quote=mrshouse
I didn't say anything about uncle Sherlock but obviously there will be some sort of baby shower, birth in the tunnel, christening and Mary on the run in Morocco. All I said that we might actually get some Warstan happiness and Mary not as an assasin but miraculously turned into a secret agent working for the side of the angels. And we get a birth anouncement in a real newspaper and promo pics that are promoting what has exactly nothing to do with "Sherlock" anymore.

Okay, I think I'm just going to have to stay away from the forum if there are going to be so many setlock spoilers in non-spoiler threads! 

Last edited by ukaunz (December 12, 2016 8:42 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 12, 2016 8:40 pm  #414

Mod's note: Please not that this thread is for official promo ONLY. So please not setlock discussions in here as long as there is no spoiler warning. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 12, 2016 8:48 pm  #415

Okay, I'm sorry about giving anything away, it was my belief that the things I referred to were not setlock but what was released for promo reasons. Sorry, ukaunz, please stay, I will retreat.

*whispers* Phantom, you are right, I meant trailer in the sense of snippets we got to see, but it is not accurate, you are right...

December 12, 2016 9:14 pm  #416

On tumblr someone pointed out that the most disturbing thing in the trailer is that Mycrofts top button is undone. I must say that irritates me, too. Actually since I first saw the trailer. There's definitely something bad going on. 

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

December 12, 2016 9:29 pm  #417

If Myrcoft's like that, we've got REAL issues

Last edited by i'm-so-cHAngeAbLE (December 12, 2016 9:29 pm)

The eyes are the mirror of the soul

#sherlollyforever

December 12, 2016 9:31 pm  #418

Martin's brother is curious as well … 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 12, 2016 9:37 pm  #419

Loo is such a sweetie. But she's been spending too much time with the bad crowd of meanies!

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

December 13, 2016 12:54 am  #420

Well she said "he(he)" in her response so it's a clue that it's not a woman he loves. LOL.

But seriously, while I would love nothing better than Sherlock saying that to John, I don't see it happening.  Or to Molly either.  When I watch this I feel that for Sherlock to actually say those emotional words, he's had to make some sort of terrible choice, or his actions are leading to something dreadful, and someone or something is sacrificed due to that choice. I'm going to guess it might be his parents.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

Board footera