BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 11, 2016 10:50 am  #321

Re: Official BBC releases - Series 4 - The Game is On!

OMG!
One takes a little cosy travel on the weekend and BAM! Meanwhile, they unleash such a trailer on us!
I´m in shock!

Hmm, I wild guess very wildly here but:

Could it be that this room (or the "I love you" room) is the large hydraulic press and they are trapped inside? (I still hope that devilish device from "The Engineer´s Thumb" could materialise in S4). 

Also

this reminds me of a Japanese horror "The Ring". Poor John - will he fare like Samara/Sadako here? 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 11, 2016 10:53 am  #322

I love this! Bless joannacchi! 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 11, 2016 11:16 am  #323

ewige wrote:

Look at their poses:

Must be a coincedence tho,,,

Not necessarily a coincidence.  The question is, what does it mean? 

Ivy wrote:

tumblr thinks he has to decide between shooting Mycroft or John

What I'm finding interesting at the moment is that in the first clip (sorry, no screengrab) we see John over Sherlock's right shoulder.  Then on the second we see Mycroft over Sherlock's other shoulder.  On the "I love you" scene (as I like to call it) they are both there, one on each shoulder.   It could certainly be a choice.   As he loves them both, we might not know in that moment (even when it airs) which one he is choosing. 

Anyway, I just wanted to say that having one on each shoulder makes me think of the idea of angels or devils/demons on your shoulder, influencing you and pulling you towards good or evil.   In this case, John is on Sherlock's right shoulder (angel), and Mycroft is on the left (devil), which I think fits with what we know about them, their role in Sherlock's life, and some foreshadowing.  I wonder if that will say something about the choice he is making. 

(This would make sense in mind palace too, as the angels and devils are aspects of the person).

Last edited by Liberty (December 11, 2016 11:18 am)

December 11, 2016 11:26 am  #324

Oh my, I don't know, I can't speculate anymore. The possibilities are endless and I'm just freaking out here. Just wanted to say that the angel/devil idea looks very plausible (Sherlock seems talking maybe to himself there...)

Last edited by ewige (December 11, 2016 11:27 am)

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

December 11, 2016 11:39 am  #325

Yes, he is facing toward us, and his voice is quite soft.  I still like the idea of him speaking to camera/intercom because it explains why he's (apparently) facing the wall, but he could also be talking to himself.

I had another thought about Mary too.  Her scene seems to go along with the scene in the previous trailer where she has dark hair.  She has blonde hair here, but it's unstyled, which makes me wonder if she has taken off a dark wig.  I thought the scene from the original trailer was going to be a flashback, but it's now looking more likely that it's current.  Which confirms (if we needed anything confirming) that she's not going to be playing happy families with the baby, but is going to be going out in disguise with a gun.  In fact, pretty much her old job of secret agent/assassin.  I can't see it ending well.

I'm still intrigued by her expression in that scene.

December 11, 2016 11:46 am  #326

Both her and John's expressions. It's hard to tell who's breaking bad news to whom. Both look quite devastated.

-----

December 11, 2016 11:50 am  #327

So I'm not the only person who thinks Sherlock looks a bit off colour

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 11, 2016 11:58 am  #328

CP's reaction is priceless I didn't know she was responsible for the make-up too.

-----

December 11, 2016 12:04 pm  #329

Liberty wrote:

There is the clip with John looking up (maybe looking a little scared?), another one with an unknown man and Sherlock handing John a gun, a third where Sherlock has the gun and has his head in his hands, and finally the "I love you" one.  It's not clear what order they are in.   So I find myself desparately trying to make a story out of those four clips, like one of those children's games where you have to put the pictures in order.  Probably the most obvious answer is that they are already in order, but I'm just not sure. 

Someone om Tumblr tried to do just that, here are their thoughts:

http://cant-deny-the-johnlock-ship.tumblr.com/post/154312110294/marcespot-after-rearranging-the-clips-of-this

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

December 11, 2016 12:22 pm  #330

Thanks, Vhanja!  I'd missed that the clip of the exasparated Mycroft is probably in the same room.   "We can't do this .." implies that he has no idea that Sherlock will turn against him.  And John being on his own at the end.  That seems to all point to Sherlock killing Mycroft ... but would they reveal that much to us?

December 11, 2016 12:32 pm  #331

It does!

And CP's reaction is interesting. Obviously they can re-colour things in post production... filters... lightening... she must know that 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 11, 2016 12:42 pm  #332

Come to think of it, Sherlock looks not as fair-skinned as in the previous seasons anymore.

-----

December 11, 2016 12:44 pm  #333

I think so too. Benedict's own tan that they didn't cover up with makeup?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 11, 2016 12:44 pm  #334

SusiGo wrote:

Loo just confirmed on Twitter that these are both her hands. 

so it's the lighting and perspective then, but still a bit odd pose. And why comment on it all via twitter?

Last edited by Ivy (December 11, 2016 12:45 pm)

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

December 11, 2016 12:45 pm  #335

His complexion does look a lot more rough, not just the paleness and all... Obviously Benedict grew older and all, but they could have fixed that with makeup... 

And they would be that clever 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 11, 2016 12:49 pm  #336

Someone tweeted Loo directly to ask her, with the screen shot.

December 11, 2016 12:53 pm  #337

Lautrela wrote:

Drugs tend to do that, I've heard 

Yes, the change was very obvious in HLV, but I think caring makes people look older too

-----

December 11, 2016 12:57 pm  #338

Depression, loss and grief can age your skin quite a lot too, indeed. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

December 11, 2016 1:00 pm  #339

One thing that has been bothering me is why Mycroft seems to be place higher in the shot with Sherlock holding the gun.   This is the one where he may or may not have shot him.  He could be shot and leaning against the back wall, but his head seems closer to the divider than it would be unless he was standing on something.  And John is missing. 

Looking at the clips in order again on your link Vhanja, I'm still not sure IF that scene shows Mycroft after being shot.  Sherlock makes his decision.  John is in shot just before he does it.  John moves out (if the shot of Mycroft leaning against the wall is after he has been shot), but then moves back in again for the shocked reaction.  The link you gave makes more sense, but I'm not sure about either.  What is happening in the Mycroft against the wall shot?  Why is he higher up?   It almost looks as if John is looking up from Mycroft's body at the end, but wouldn't Mycroft's body be more over to one side?   Unless he'd stepped forward, or stepped in front of John. 

December 11, 2016 1:32 pm  #340

Vhanja wrote:

Someone om Tumblr tried to do just that, here are their thoughts:

http://cant-deny-the-johnlock-ship.tumblr.com/post/154312110294/marcespot-after-rearranging-the-clips-of-this

that's my biggest fear since setlock  I've grown fond of him.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

Board footera