BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 10, 2016 10:21 pm  #301

Re: Official BBC releases - Series 4 - The Game is On!

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

Someone on Tumblr said it was Mary's hand holding the phone to Molly's ear? but why?

I think Mary is removing Molly's hand with the phone from her ear while simultaneously silencing her with the thumb.

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

December 10, 2016 10:22 pm  #302

I'm going to go absolutely bonkers before Jan is here.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

December 10, 2016 10:27 pm  #303

Holy crap I wasn't prepared for this! Just returned from London, I've been checking the internet several times today but went offline for the last part of the journey which was exactly when they dropped the new trailer. Now I'm desperately grabbing my shock blanket and a cup of tea. And I'll need something stronger than tea when I'm watching the new episodes.

O, learn to read what silent love hath writ:
To hear with eyes belongs to love’s fine wit.
(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

December 10, 2016 10:27 pm  #304

Look at their poses:

Must be a coincedence tho,,,

-----

December 10, 2016 10:28 pm  #305

What is this?!

Excuse me while I take my blanket and go and sob quietly in the corner...

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

December 10, 2016 10:31 pm  #306

The room where somebody (John?) is pushing Sherlock against the wall seems to be the same room in which he looks devastated in the previous trailer.

December 10, 2016 10:32 pm  #307

Is it the morgue? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 10, 2016 10:33 pm  #308

I think so.

December 10, 2016 10:35 pm  #309

Loo just confirmed on Twitter that these are both her hands. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 10, 2016 10:39 pm  #310

So... it's something that is shaking her so bad she needs to hold the phone with both hands for fear of dropping it? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 10, 2016 11:17 pm  #311

Tbh, they look very different to me. So either Loo is right or she is not saying something she has on her list of things she is not allowed to say. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 10, 2016 11:31 pm  #312

Guess who picked the wrong afternoon to take a nap!
I wake up and the fandom is on fire.
I AM NOT OK.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 11, 2016 3:26 am  #313

The room (morgue?) where Sherlock is being shoved against the wall is the same as this shot in the first trailer

I'm dying to know what is going on!!?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 11, 2016 9:05 am  #314

Yes, that's the room I meant, Ukaunz!  Thank's for the screenshot.  It has those steel doors, quite distinctive. 

December 11, 2016 9:27 am  #315

I'd like to come back to the "I love you" room.  At first glance the shape and colour reminded me of the cell Moriarty was in, in Sherlock's mind palace in HLV.   But looking at all the clips (I think there are four?), it looks like a different sort of room altogether.  What is it - does anybody know?  There are some granite structures on the floor which look far too expensive for any sort of prison cell - more like something from a museum.  Or perhaps this is a vault. 

There is the clip with John looking up (maybe looking a little scared?), another one with an unknown man and Sherlock handing John a gun, a third where Sherlock has the gun and has his head in his hands, and finally the "I love you" one.  It's not clear what order they are in.   So I find myself desparately trying to make a story out of those four clips, like one of those children's games where you have to put the pictures in order.  Probably the most obvious answer is that they are already in order, but I'm just not sure. 

The similarity to Moriarty's cell and the odd setup of the three of them at the end, made me think mind palace, initially.  But the more I watch it, the more I think that maybe it isn't mind palace. 

And what episode do you think it's from?  My gut instinct is telling me TFP, but I don't know if I have anything to base that on.

Last edited by Liberty (December 11, 2016 9:32 am)

December 11, 2016 9:31 am  #316

I don't know what that room is, but it's very ominous. Is it going to be part of The Lying Detective, like maybe it's a containment or quarantine cell? Or is it a bunker, maybe Mycroft's safe room? Or is it to do with The Final Problem, maybe Moriarty or someone else is keeping him locked up?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 11, 2016 9:33 am  #317

Everything looks like MP at this point, but probably isn't 

The bit where Sherlock gives John the gun looks like Sherlock (?) is in some sort of an official capacity giving John his orders (and a gun). The other guy to his left looks like Q (not really, but the feeling!).

While I'm almost done spazzing out thinking about johnlock, I very much appreciate Sherlock saying the words to anybody at all, whatever the ramifications are going to be.

-----

December 11, 2016 9:40 am  #318

Thanks - yes, just edited above, Ukaunz, because I was wondering about which episode it was!  I don't want to post setlock spoilers here, but I've been thinking about how it fits into what we've seen there too.  Anyway, four clips of this room in a short trailer seems to imply that it's important.   

Ewige, yes, I like hearing him say it too, and it has a big impact even just in the trailer, I think!  But it also has an ominous feel.  Whatever it is, it's not going to be a Mills and Boon romantic moment!  I didn't think of the James Bond, but I can see it now that you mention it.

Sherlock walking into the shark tank is nice to see, after all the shark hints.  I still have no idea what a shark is (although I have some ideas!) beyond being a literal shark.   It would be amusing if it ended up that Sherlock had wrestle an actual shark.  I've just found out that "shark tank" is the name of the US version of "Dragon's Den", which probably isn't relevant, but I'm clutching at straws here! 

Last edited by Liberty (December 11, 2016 9:44 am)

December 11, 2016 10:36 am  #319

I'm in agony!!!
I can't decide whether I should watch this trailer. I've decided to stay away from most source material now. But skimming through your comments makes me excited beyond anything. This is how being a masochist must feel like.

Maybe I will end up only listening to the trailer and keep my eyes shut.

- - -

Breathing is boring!

English isn't my first language, feel free to correct me via PM!

December 11, 2016 10:46 am  #320

It seems a waste to read the comments and then not watch it!  As it will already have been "spoiled".  But I do know what you mean.  It's quite different seeing the real thing, rather than just reading about it.   It might actually be quite fun to "watch" with eyes closed.  I tried it just now, and that "I love you" at the end is just as dramatic!

Board footera