BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 10, 2016 9:31 pm  #281

Re: Official BBC releases - Series 4 - The Game is On!

It looks like a well to me.

But I bet a lot of this is going to turn out to be red herrings...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 10, 2016 9:33 pm  #282

Vhanja wrote:

At first I thought the house burning was the Holmes cottage...

Who put John in a pit? And why?

I feel a bit like Sherlock - too many thoughts and ideas going through my head at once. My poor brain.

My thoughts and feelings exactly.

I wonder how many of that scenes really take place outside Sherlock's mind...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 10, 2016 9:34 pm  #283

Yeah, probably. 

Oh, and... *hugs for everyone who needs it*

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

December 10, 2016 9:36 pm  #284

We've never see the outside of Mycroft's house, but I bet it's a big mansion like the one that is burning.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 10, 2016 9:38 pm  #285

It must be something really personal and important if both John or Mycroft is *wherever-they-are* with Sherlock. Or it's MP, as mentioned. 

And what is Mycroft's role in all of this, what has he done to make Mrs Hudson call him a reptile? 

I can't work any of this out!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

December 10, 2016 9:41 pm  #286

I feel like I've seen the burning house before. I can't place it since I'm still shaken up and my mind isn't working properly... but I have seen it before 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 10, 2016 9:47 pm  #287

There are parallels with "Skyfall". And Sherlock lying on the table like in TRF on the pavement. And, btw, tumblr exploded the second the trailer went online. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 10, 2016 9:59 pm  #288

Team Hudders!

December 10, 2016 10:00 pm  #289

This is very exciting! Even more so than the last one, I think.  I'll give it more attention in the morning.  What sort of room are Sherlock, John and Mycroft in?  It reminds me of the padded cell in Sherlock's mind palace in HLV.  Is that somebody else in the same room with them?  What's happening with the gun?

Interesting point about "vatican cameos".  Yes, the angle makes it look similar - it almost looks as if he's giving a code or something like that.  Although I'm sure there will be deeper emotional meaning than that.  Interesting to see the three of them, Sherlock, John and Mycroft together - I wonder what's going to play out between the three of them. 

What is the darkest secret?

I'm worried for them!

December 10, 2016 10:01 pm  #290

tumblr thinks he has to decide between shooting Mycroft or John

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

December 10, 2016 10:04 pm  #291

But if you look at this gif, he's falling apart, and Mycroft doesn't seem to care. It strengthens the idea that it's MP.

Team Hudders!

December 10, 2016 10:06 pm  #292

are that both her own hands?

Vhanja wrote:

But if you look at this gif, he's falling apart, and Mycroft doesn't seem to care. It strengthens the idea that it's MP.

No I mean in general not especially in that scene

Last edited by Ivy (December 10, 2016 10:07 pm)

----------

December 10, 2016 10:06 pm  #293

The coming weeks are going to be AGONY:

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

December 10, 2016 10:07 pm  #294

Ivy wrote:

Good catch. It doesn't look like it, seeing as one hand is more tanned than the other. 

Team Hudders!

December 10, 2016 10:11 pm  #295

Sorry for double posting, but can we talk about John pinning Sherlock up against the wall. What is going on? (Or - again - could it be Sherrinford?)

Team Hudders!

December 10, 2016 10:12 pm  #296

Vhanja wrote:

Ivy wrote:

Good catch. It doesn't look like it, seeing as one hand is more tanned than the other. 

yes and it's a bit bigger, I found that pose a bit weird when I first saw the trailer and then someone posted this pic on tumblr

ewige wrote:

The coming weeks are going to be AGONY:

that's what they want! 

----------

December 10, 2016 10:15 pm  #297

Someone on Tumblr said it was Mary's hand holding the phone to Molly's ear? but why?

And that last gif is tearing me apart even worse. I totally see the scenario of him having to decide... one or the other, or all of them get killed. That's been done countless times before in other shows and films though. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 10, 2016 10:17 pm  #298

To be honest, having to make such a choice sounds a bit... melodramatic? A bit over the top, almost like something from a fanfic.

Then again, perhaps they could pull it off if done well enough. And they have mentioned several times about "if we pull it off...". 

Then again (again) - if that had been true, wouldn't John and Mycroft show a little more reaction in a scene like that? 

Oooh, evil Mary?

Last edited by Vhanja (December 10, 2016 10:19 pm)

Team Hudders!

December 10, 2016 10:19 pm  #299

What about Mary's unreadable expression too?  Her eyes look kind of blank in that shot.  No, "blank" isn't the word.  They look really dark and big.

Last edited by Liberty (December 10, 2016 10:22 pm)

December 10, 2016 10:20 pm  #300

And are "I'd like to hear you say it" and "I love you" connected?

Board footera