BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 13, 2016 4:44 am  #21

Re: Forum Survey - Age

We're strange?  I didn't know that....       

*bops around to  'People Are Strange'*

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

July 13, 2016 5:10 am  #22

I am 39 now but feel like being a lot younger than my mother was when she was 39.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

July 13, 2016 7:21 am  #23

The slightly depressing thing for me, is that my mother retired at this age...I certainly can't afford to.
#austeritybritain

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 13, 2016 9:14 am  #24

I could also be Benedict's older sister. But I have that much nonsense in my head... can't be older than in my twenties.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

July 13, 2016 9:36 am  #25

It's my 30th birthday in two months... and I'm not happy about it (mostly bcs people compare what they've achieved by that age, I don't know why that is so, though).
Still, I'd never want to be younger again.

"It is what it is."

July 13, 2016 9:51 am  #26

I'm with you on that, Whisky.
Life just gets better.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 13, 2016 12:43 pm  #27

I will be 53 in September and I'm happy to keep getting older as long as the universe will allow me.
I've had too many loved ones that didn't make it this far. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

July 13, 2016 12:48 pm  #28

Interesting you should mention that.
My paternal uncle died when he was 40, I think, in his 40s anyhow...I don't really remember as I was only 5.
My oldest second cousin died in his 30s, just...if I recall. He was only 9 months younger than me.

July 13, 2016 1:09 pm  #29

Well, I was born two days after Andrew Scott - only 13 years later. :D

------------------------------------------------------------
"Love something, and love it deeply."
Andrew Scott

"I don’t care how hypothetical it is, I’m not flying with a live otter in the flight deck."
Captain Martin Crieff

July 13, 2016 1:11 pm  #30

You win the prize for mentioning the gorgeous one- tee hee.

July 13, 2016 5:46 pm  #31

My problem is that my head can't keep up with my real age. I don't feel 39 (as I will be this October). Well, I do in some things, but not in others. I have a teenage crush on Ben, I play Pokemon Go, I cry over movies, party and sometimes drink too much, I still get childishly eager over geeky things... I certainly don't act like my mother did when she was my age! Housewife with 3 children. I feel that I'm way more immature than her.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

July 13, 2016 5:54 pm  #32

Vhanja wrote:

My problem is that my head can't keep up with my real age. I don't feel 39 (as I will be this October). Well, I do in some things, but not in others. I have a teenage crush on Ben, I play Pokemon Go, I cry over movies, party and sometimes drink too much, I still get childishly eager over geeky things... I certainly don't act like my mother did when she was my age! Housewife with 3 children. I feel that I'm way more immature than her.

This is basically what I meant, just that I see it in a more positive way. Staying young at heart is very important, I think.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 13, 2016 7:17 pm  #33

Vhanja wrote:

Lol, with most of these things (aside from Pokemon Go, though I do want to try that out) you pretty much described me as well 😉 and I will be 39 in February. My mother keeps saying annoying things like "When I was your age..." 🙄😑 but I've stopped caring about her opinion (at least towards those things).
The quote in my signature summs up my attitude pretty well (translation would be something like 'only the person who becomes an adult while staying a child is a human being').

Looks like we are a nice bunch of big kids here 😆, fabulous!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

July 13, 2016 7:29 pm  #34

Not with some of my fantasies! 

July 13, 2016 8:25 pm  #35

Maybe a bunch of teenagers then. ;-)

July 13, 2016 8:27 pm  #36

(V. OT!)
Maybe so, though I think in my day it was more naive, romantic tosh...though I suppose my fantasies now  are still people falling in love, to a certain extent- though funny how it's always 2 men. Oh no, actually it isn't, I do have one straight fantasy!

July 14, 2016 8:22 am  #37

And there are definitely a couple of things I feel more comfortable and self secure about than in my thirties.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

July 14, 2016 8:24 am  #38

Oh yes.

Board footera