BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 13, 2016 12:39 pm  #21

Re: Forum Survey - Orientation

Whisky wrote:

I chose bisexual, in favour of not choosing anything. Considering, I don't even know if everyone I fancied identified as female or male. Unless you ask, you can never truly know how they might feel. Also don't know if I might not fall for someone who identifies different in the future.

Like Schmiezi said. Persons, not labels

I realised, you put "other" options on the other surveys but not this one, tonnaree

My bad!  There were so many categories to choose from I was having a hard time not having 100 choices!!!

Regarding labels.  I do not thing that labels in and of themselves are a bad thing.  It's how we organize the world in our head.  Labels are bad when we try to force them on other people. No one has the right to define you.
If someone chooses a label as their way of clarifying who they are, that's a good and sometimes helpful thing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

July 13, 2016 12:41 pm  #22

Re: Forum Survey - Orientation

Only if we tell you what they are! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera