BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 9, 2016 9:37 am  #81

Re: The Tie Conundrum, and why S4 can't be trusted (Meta, Theory, SPOILER)

Btw, there is a Doctor Who episode (Last Christmas) in which the Doctor recognises he is in a dream because - ta da - he is wearing a different bow tie and suspenders than before. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 9, 2016 11:25 am  #82

Haha, the use of the American 'suspenders', never fails to make a Brit fall about laughing.
But yes, braces are cool!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 9, 2016 12:23 pm  #83

SusiGo wrote:

Btw, there is a Doctor Who episode (Last Christmas) in which the Doctor recognises he is in a dream because - ta da - he is wearing a different bow tie and suspenders than before. 

Forgot about this one, but yes- that entire meta post that started with the food = sex thing (almost skipped over it because of that) but ended with the mirroring of the dream details between DW and Sherlock was actually brilliant by the end of it.

Doomsteady on AO3 & Tumblr

October 9, 2016 12:44 pm  #84

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 24, 2016 8:10 pm  #85

Oh, this is quite fanciful. I saw people talking about the parallels with the "Blue Carbuncle" and Mrs Hudson being kidnapped but the swallowing theory ... oh, my. I can see where it comes from but this is scary. 

Lots of new EMP discussion today. It seems to spread which is nice because we have been insulted and ridiculed at times for our thoughts. 

November 24, 2016 8:33 pm  #86

Mrs. Hudson swallowing her pin? Oh God! 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

November 24, 2016 8:46 pm  #87

Ok, I didn't see the new promo pics. You mean a pin, that you can wear on your clothes and is some kind of jewellery, right?

Because I was getting mad with pins ever since TAB. Somehow my gaze was constantly drawn to the pin John wore with his tie. And I never checked it for sure, but I had the mad impression/thought, that the colour of his pin was changing.

And Moriarty had this fox pin.

Too many pins for my taste.

- - -

Breathing is boring!

English isn't my first language, feel free to correct me via PM!

Board footera