BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 4, 2016 6:48 pm  #1

How/were might I find old fan speculations from previous series?

I'd absolutely love to read old theories people had before all of the episodes had aired. I want to see what threads people picked up on, what they thought the episode titles alluded to, any Johnlock thoughts (like "it's going to happen in s3 because...!")

As a new fan who only started watching after TAB was already aired, I would find all that utterly fascinating!

Doomsteady on AO3 & Tumblr

June 5, 2016 2:34 pm  #2

Re: How/were might I find old fan speculations from previous series?

Right here, I'd say:

Those are all threads about S3, most of them startig before S3 aired:
http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewforum.php?id=5

And this thread seems to have been written during setlock:
http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=3356

Last edited by Schmiezi (June 5, 2016 2:37 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

June 5, 2016 2:59 pm  #3

Thanks!

LOL, first thread I picked to read and it's already hilarious:

"Sherlock wants to surprise John and jumps out of a cake (like a stripper) on his Stag Party..."

How close that one came! ;)

June 5, 2016 3:24 pm  #4

The only slight problem is that this forum didn't begin until after S2 aired.
But there are certainly boards for every series and I think The Pilot, too?

EDIT: my personal claim to fame is that I predicted Amanda would be used for Mary...I think even before the team thought of it!

Last edited by besleybean (June 5, 2016 3:26 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 8, 2016 1:17 am  #5

GimmeCat ---you might have fun (if you haven't already) to check out the podcasts on three-patch.com
They did all the setlock podcasts before season 3 aired and it's quite amusing of hearing them conjecture where the season would go....in some cases dead on and in other cases of course totally off.  Their regular podcasts are also fun.  You also have reaction episodes after the airings.  

The other great site is bakerstreetbabes.com  and their reaction episodes (season 2 forward) are a bit less shippy...all depends on what you enjoy. They have also just started reviewing season 1 for fun and it's extremely enjoyable.  :-)

I lost count

June 8, 2016 12:55 pm  #6

Thank you! I'm going to check out both suggestions.

June 8, 2016 4:27 pm  #7

My personal claim to fame was that I predicted that the bride would be pregnant in TSoT.  I was not convinced that the title meant Sherlock, John, and Mary. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

June 8, 2016 5:37 pm  #8

Very good---I never thought along those lines at all when hearing the title, but then I rarely try to figure it out ahead of time.  I guess I like to be surprised and so I must be more of a Watson type than Sherlock.  LOL

I lost count

Board footera