BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 3, 2016 8:40 am  #41

Re: 28 Stars you might not know are Bisexual.

On the subject of discovering new things about ourselves as we continue to age, David Bowie (who is listed in the OP's article) later famously said that he regretted ever calling himself bisexual, because he announced it in a period of experimentation, and he felt a pressure (particularly in the American market) to fly some kind of flag or support 'a cause' because of his perceived sexuality over there. He never wanted to champion a cause, and it got in the way of things he wanted to accomplish. By all accounts, he was largely heterosexual, but did openly experiment "out of a sense of curiosity and a genuine allegiance with the 'transgressional'."

I've considered myself bisexual for most of my life at this point. I definitely enjoy the physicality of both men and women. But in more recent years, I've wondered if I lean more romantically towards women than men. But I've never had a female partner, so I can't say for sure.

Doomsteady on AO3 & Tumblr

June 3, 2016 9:13 pm  #42

Re: 28 Stars you might not know are Bisexual.

Yeah, I was uncertain about his inclusion in that list.

It's completely possible to change over time. And I think you can lead towards women and still be bisexual if that fits you, Lots of bisexual people find that their attraction to men vs women feel different. As incomplete as the Kinsey scale may be, I think it can be useful, and shows you can like men and women even if one is a stronger attraction than the other.

And being attracted to men and to women is only one definition of bisexual.

Clueing for looks.

Board footera