BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 24, 2016 7:56 pm  #101

Re: Benedict appears at "Shakespeare Live!"

Woohoo!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 24, 2016 8:05 pm  #102

Ha!

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

April 24, 2016 8:36 pm  #103

besleybean wrote:

Judi looks great!

She's the only one who made an effort with the costume!

April 24, 2016 8:38 pm  #104

Though Benedict looks fine!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 24, 2016 8:42 pm  #105

And that is what counts, in my opinion 

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

April 24, 2016 9:10 pm  #106

yes

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

April 26, 2016 3:59 am  #107

Omg, that was hilariously wonderful, as the only 'bit' I've gotten to see! (other a tiny thing of Davis... ..sorry, David, playing Puck  ) (much relieved glad thanks for someone able to save and post it, and someone here seeing and sharing before it was taken down) 
Yes, quite goofy, but from gist of parts I heard about, agree also interesting how they tried to collect a variety, and even the further 'depth' of the joke with Hamlet and Shakespeare's language having so many interpretations... loved how playing with that one line could show that.  Got more and more delighted at seeing who came out (except not really knowing the first lady) and some of the ribbing lines (and faces!)  Ben's faces with Ian! (and anyone else go super 'aww' at Ian giving Ben a 'hey there' pat as he circled around?) And David's faces at Judi's entrance/lines!  But what was Tim quipping to Ben about who he thought he was, or was in?  And also with David?  But that was great, how it just kept escalating.  Thanks!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

April 26, 2016 5:38 am  #108

Aww, I was going to watch it again in case I could answer that, but the video has been blocked 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 26, 2016 5:43 am  #109

You really didn't miss that.
It was the whole joke of the sketch.
Tim was pretending he thought Benedict was Eddie Redmayne.

April 26, 2016 6:11 am  #110

Russell wrote:

Got more and more delighted at seeing who came out (except not really knowing the first lady) and some of the ribbing lines (and faces!) Ben's faces with Ian! (and anyone else go super 'aww' at Ian giving Ben a 'hey there' pat as he circled around?) And David's faces at Judi's entrance/lines! But what was Tim quipping to Ben about who he thought he was, or was in? And also with David? But that was great, how it just kept escalating. Thanks!

He thought that Benedict was Eddie Redmayne and also said how much he liked him as "The Danish Girl", which is even more funny considering the fact that Hamlet... you know... Prince of Denmark and all that. And to David he said "Broadchurch" (in case you haven't seen that show yet: Watch it immediately!).
I agree, it was a great idea to let those brilliant people play around with those two lines from the play. My favourite would have to be Rory Kinnear, because his version was so ridiculously over the top...! He was really good at pretending to be a really bad actor.  

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

April 26, 2016 6:13 am  #111

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

April 26, 2016 6:13 am  #112

Thanks, Solar, I missed the question about David!

April 26, 2016 7:53 pm  #113

I 'really didn't'…  ..wait, what?  Um, sorry for not hearing well?   
I thought I kinda caught what he said, but sometimes when people say things quickly/excitedly… just wanted to clarify.  Got everything else… and the main joke anyway!  And thanks Solar…  ha.. yes!!  Perfect tie-in.  And yes, yes of course loved Broadchurch! 
As the clip cuts off, I wish I could have seen how the poor guy wrapped it up!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

April 26, 2016 7:56 pm  #114

Oh that's a shame you didn't get to hear that.
I thought he did really well, though others seem to disagree.

April 27, 2016 2:38 pm  #115

For everyone in France and Germany (and maybe also other countries, I'm not sure if this is really restricted to France and Germany), arte has put up the show on its media player:
http://concert.arte.tv/fr/shakespeare-live-royal-shakespeare-company

April 27, 2016 4:35 pm  #116

Oh, thanks 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

April 27, 2016 4:36 pm  #117

Fantastic, arte is one of my favourite channels.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

April 27, 2016 7:45 pm  #118

Thank you for the arte link, SolarSystem!

I have seen the broadcast at the local cinema in Stratford with a friend (we are both fans of Rufus Wainwright that's why we had booked a weekend holiday in Stratford as soon as we heard about this event). After the show we rushed over to the theatre and arrived just in time to see Prince Charles and Camilla leaving in a car and a bit later Benedict walked out (and would have almost stumbled over me because I was stepping forward in the same moment, eagerly looking for Rufus  )

O, learn to read what silent love hath writ:
To hear with eyes belongs to love’s fine wit.
(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

May 21, 2016 12:23 pm  #119

Someone else has uploaded the sketch. Bad quality, but still watchable.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mGTR__LiueM

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 21, 2016 3:00 pm  #120

Thanks, just sent it to my daughter- she's mad on Tim Minchin.

Board footera