BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 7, 2016 11:09 am  #1

Mind Palace for complicated ideas?

Hi everyone,
I've been using the Mind Palace technique for a while now, and it helps me remember things such as appointments, shopping lists, etc, but I was wondering if it could help me with my lessons. I know how to store simple ideas or concrete objects in a mind palace, but I don't really see how I'd put a mathematical demonstration, a complex algorithm or a music score in there... I believe that a lot of people here have actually tried building a mind palace, but has anyone tried to use it for more than remembering everyday stuff? 

April 23, 2016 9:23 pm  #2

Re: Mind Palace for complicated ideas?

Yes! If you wish to talk more feel free. But yes! I have, I would be happy to explain. When I started to see my therapist, she after 6 years diagnosed me. She said for away to seek a fit life is to find a hobby. So I built my mind palace. And because of what I am I use it for more then everyday thing. Its very helpful with my work and with my family. I can now always tell. If you want to know more please massage me.

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

April 24, 2016 8:55 am  #3

Re: Mind Palace for complicated ideas?

ChokerHelmLoss wrote:

Yes! If you wish to talk more feel free. But yes! I have, I would be happy to explain. When I started to see my therapist, she after 6 years diagnosed me. She said for away to seek a fit life is to find a hobby. So I built my mind palace. And because of what I am I use it for more then everyday thing. Its very helpful with my work and with my family. I can now always tell. If you want to know more please massage me.

Well what I'd like to know is how to represent complicated ideas in a mind palace. If I need to remember an appointment to the dentist it is easy to put a giant tooth in one room, but when it comes to learning mathematical formulas, algorithms or other kinds of abstract elements, I have no idea what to do. And these things are the ones for which a mind palace would be useful in my case: I'm expected to be able to find them again, which I currently do, but it would be a great advantage for me to be able to remember all those.

Board footera