BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 8, 2016 5:16 pm  #141

Re: Series 4 Setlock (potential spoilers)

See I like her already and will be(depending on the circumstances)sad if she goes.
But at the end of the day, none of us matter, it's the affect on poor old John.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 8, 2016 5:25 pm  #142

besleybean wrote:

Exactly, I may get to see some Andrew at least!

that's the running gag of every setlock. Will Andrew be in? 

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

April 8, 2016 5:31 pm  #143

I know I may be in the minority here, but I still think it was a bit silly about the Special...you could hardly have a Sherlock special without Moriarty!
But anyhow, yes, dunno' about this...
But maybe it would just be flashback/MP.
This does seem a good point to fill in all the blanks and join up all of the dots.
Do others think so, too?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 8, 2016 5:40 pm  #144

I love Andrew and his Moriarty dearly and can't imagine "Sherlock" without him, either. I hope they'll find a way to bring him back, Mind Palace or whatever. I just don't want to see a Moriarty who survived TRF...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

April 8, 2016 5:43 pm  #145

See I'm shallow enough to even accept that.
But I know what you mean...
How many fake deaths can one show have?
And somebody really needs to put that on a tee shirt!

April 8, 2016 6:10 pm  #146

SolarSystem wrote:

I love Andrew and his Moriarty dearly and can't imagine "Sherlock" without him, either. I hope they'll find a way to bring him back, Mind Palace or whatever. I just don't want to see a Moriarty who survived TRF...

Agree %100.   If the man that was on the rooftop is still alive it would invalidate the emotional arch of TRF.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

April 8, 2016 6:14 pm  #147

For me that arc was slightly spoiled by John's reaction to Sherlock's return.
Then again, I think that arc will be completely obliterated by John's trauma if he loses Mary.

April 8, 2016 6:24 pm  #148

I think you're onto something here. I'm not sure I like the idea of John's psychiatrist being back... could mean lots of things of course, but I know that I don't want John to be in need of Ella because of Mary. If you know what I mean.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

April 8, 2016 6:27 pm  #149

To be honest, apart from losing his child, I can't think of any other reason why John would need Ella.

April 8, 2016 6:32 pm  #150

I can think of sooooooooooo many reasons.

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

April 8, 2016 6:34 pm  #151

Well we'll soon see.

April 8, 2016 6:44 pm  #152

soon...ish

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

April 8, 2016 6:46 pm  #153

Oh, time is relative in Sherlock land!

April 8, 2016 6:53 pm  #154

I see your "ish" and raise you a "pha.......cough."  

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

April 8, 2016 6:56 pm  #155

Well at least we've reached Setlock and are within 9 months of our baby!

April 8, 2016 7:12 pm  #156

Liberty wrote:

I'm not too worried.  I think that whatever way they go with Mary, we need to know more about her.   There's not enough for her to be a goodie, that we'd grieve for if she died, and there's not enough for her to be a baddie, yet either.  We don't really know her motivations, or even who she is.  I think they need to develop her more before she goes (if she goes!), and it has to be in a much more storyled way than just cute domestic scenes (in my opinion). 

That´s true but it would mean another Mary-centric season of Sherlock. Seriously, is she such an interesting character that more than half of the whole series should be dedicated to her? While we know nothing special about John or Lestrade or Mrs. Hudson at the same time? 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

April 8, 2016 7:14 pm  #157

tonnaree wrote:

I am also having the feeling that the first episode may be flashback heavy.  What with particular actors we know are coming back.  I would like this myself.

And here I hoped that instead of rehashing the old ideas around and around, the show finally moves forward and we get some new exciting content...

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

April 8, 2016 7:15 pm  #158

But(potentially) they're boring compared to Mary, her past and it's impact on the crime world.

Plus, as I said before, I personally would like quite a bit of back tracking, to fill the gaps.

Last edited by besleybean (April 8, 2016 7:17 pm)

April 8, 2016 7:19 pm  #159

If it was up to me, I would definitelly prefer more of John´s past than any of Mary´s...

April 8, 2016 7:23 pm  #160

Yes but that would be purely a character thing.
Plus we know most of what we need to know about him: traumatised adrenalin junkie who has an alcoholic, gay sister.
What else do we need to know?
But it may turn out that Mary was there the whole time, working against Sherlock or something...I dunno, I'm just surmising. But she was an assassin, which makes good TV.

Board footera