BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 18, 2016 8:46 pm  #1441

Re: Series 4 Setlock (potential spoilers)

Would a dying person traipse around hospital in a coat?

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

May 18, 2016 8:47 pm  #1442

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

May 18, 2016 8:49 pm  #1443

May 18, 2016 8:53 pm  #1444

Very lucky people around there! 

Gosh I literally can't wait to see the result of all of this, it's driving me nuts! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

May 18, 2016 9:34 pm  #1445

Why are they always wearing shades? It is an actor thing?
Not that I mind It's just puzzling.

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

May 18, 2016 9:37 pm  #1446

Who knows... it looks cool on him though... I imagine their eyes get tired during the day with all the weird lightning they are exposed to... 

my acting experience is mostly stage plays, and a commercial... the lightening there does hurt your eyes... but yeah. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

May 18, 2016 9:49 pm  #1447

Not really related to Setlock, and a few days old since I thought to add it here (but don't think I saw it posted with the rest of tweets), but I still love Loo's tweets and wanted to share her continued cuteness  (she's so cutely relatable!) :
(but wow... all the stuff we've been hearing about so far...  cool!)

Last edited by Russell (May 18, 2016 9:50 pm)

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

May 18, 2016 9:50 pm  #1448

I love Loo! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

May 18, 2016 10:54 pm  #1449

ewige wrote:

Why are they always wearing shades? It is an actor thing?
Not that I mind It's just puzzling.

Probably because they were coming in from outside and the sun was out? In other set photos, they wear them when they are outside, so that's likely why they still have them on inside.  They are just coming in a door.

Also, Phantom, what were you in a commercial for? Was it fun?

Clueing for looks.

May 19, 2016 4:45 am  #1450

Also, I know that sometimes celebs wear shades in public to "hide" a bit from the crowds and attention. It can serve as a sort of mental armour/protection. 

Don't know if that's why Ben and Martin wears them, though.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

May 19, 2016 5:40 am  #1451

I think it would have been sunny outside, maybe kept the specs on to protect their eyes form all those fan photos!
Re: Sherlock's different states of dress, they could be filming multiple scenes at the same venue.
Re: the famous line: I was going to suggest 'do this for me, John', but I've guess we've already had that...similarly' if you want to help me'...I hope he wouldn't be as melodramatic to say ' my dying wish is...'
Incidentally I owe Martin an apology, at first I didn't notice him because of rock star Benedict.
But yeah, love Loo...keeping it real since 2010.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 19, 2016 6:02 am  #1452

nakahara wrote:

Would a dying person traipse around hospital in a coat?

Possibly, before or after dying .  If the hospital scene is established as a children's ward, then presumably he isn't a patient there?  It's all such a mystery!

May 19, 2016 6:05 am  #1453

Yitzock wrote:

Also, Phantom, what were you in a commercial for? Was it fun?

It was fun but really hard work, I was a concert goer for a Eurovision themed commercial with the Danish winner from 2013. It took an entire day to shoot...

Worst part of all, I now hate the phone company the commercial was for, for other reasons...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

May 19, 2016 6:14 am  #1454

I'm thinking more about this line(Not that I'm obsessed or anything!).
It does depend on the context and also what John says to Sherlock first.
Say if John had already lost Mary(though that's not certain at this point), I could imagine him saying something like: I've already lost one person I love...
Then Sherlock could say: well if you love me, you will do as I ask.
Yes it could work.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 19, 2016 6:43 am  #1455

besleybean wrote:

Say if John had already lost Mary(though that's not certain at this point), I could imagine him saying something like: I've already lost one person I love...
Yes it could work.

Would it be such a problem if they kept the original line? Regarless of Mary?

May 19, 2016 6:45 am  #1456

May 19, 2016 6:45 am  #1457

Vhanja wrote:

It's not the same guy who played the Serbian in TEH, is it?

Sorry, Vhanja, I saw this only now. No, it is not the same actor but they might show us another scene from Sherlock's imprisonment. Remember, John still has no idea what Sherlock went through during those years. Perhaps there will be some sort of flashback. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 19, 2016 6:48 am  #1458

May 19, 2016 6:58 am  #1459

I suppose Mary could be being interrogated too (if she's still in it by S4E3). 

May 19, 2016 7:01 am  #1460

nakahara wrote:

besleybean wrote:

Yes it could work.

Would it be such a problem if they kept the original line? Regarless of Mary?

No, nakahara, it wouldn't. Also in a perfect platonic sense. It would be nothing more than for once not revolving around Mary but concentrating on the main duo again. For the first time since long. You know, canon and stuff.

Last edited by mrshouse (May 19, 2016 7:02 am)

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

Board footera