BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 17, 2016 7:33 am  #1361

Re: Series 4 Setlock (potential spoilers)

Ouch indeed!

But nice pics from the uni!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

May 17, 2016 8:00 am  #1362

Ouch indeed.

But...Gosh, how exciting it is!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

May 17, 2016 8:06 am  #1363

nakahara wrote:

Liberty wrote:

Oh, that's great news and very intriguing!  I don't see him as Baron Gruner, and I remember somebody mentioning here that Moftiss thought Moran was boring.  Obviously not Moriarty (unless he's behind Moriarty or something like that), or Milverton.  Maybe if we have a list we can see who would fit?  So, it looks like he's not in S4E1, but we see him in S4E2?  I really want to know if he's in S4E3 also, i.e. if he's going to be the ubervillain of S4, or a one-episode wonder.   "One of Doyle's finest villains" suggests the former?

My bet is Culverton Smith from Dying Detective or Roylott from Speckled Band.

Interesting.  The big villains we've had, Moriarty and Magnussen, have been very "big" - Magnussen influencing the government, Moriarty with his international crime network, etc.  Even Irene Adler was involved in politics and trying to influence the government.   It made me think that most of the original stories don't involve "big" criminals in that sense.  Some of the crimes are more personal and domestic.  I wonder if they will go down that route, of if they will adapt the villains to make them "bigger" and make more exciting TV?   Culverton Smith and biological warfare?

May 17, 2016 9:01 am  #1364

Liberty wrote:

Interesting.  The big villains we've had, Moriarty and Magnussen, have been very "big" - Magnussen influencing the government, Moriarty with his international crime network, etc.  Even Irene Adler was involved in politics and trying to influence the government.   It made me think that most of the original stories don't involve "big" criminals in that sense.  Some of the crimes are more personal and domestic.  I wonder if they will go down that route, of if they will adapt the villains to make them "bigger" and make more exciting TV?   Culverton Smith and biological warfare?

We never saw most of Moriarty´s and Magnussen´s victims. So even if they were "big criminals", the impact of their crimes was not felt as keenly as it should.
Domestic setting for the crime can greatly emphasise the gravity and tragedy of such deed, if it´s done correctly. Perosnally, I hope Mofftiss would go this way rather than give us another international drama.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

May 17, 2016 9:09 am  #1365

Me too.  It doesn't need to be James Bond .

May 17, 2016 9:51 am  #1366

One more pic from Cardiff Uni:

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

May 17, 2016 11:04 am  #1367

Aw lovely!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

May 17, 2016 12:47 pm  #1368

May 17, 2016 12:48 pm  #1369

May 17, 2016 12:50 pm  #1370

May 17, 2016 12:51 pm  #1371

May 17, 2016 1:01 pm  #1372

Lucky, lucky students! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

May 17, 2016 2:01 pm  #1373

Just a short heads up: They have moved location from 3rd to 4th floor within the building. There was definitely a children's ward with little colourful plastic chairs. Get well balloons have been seen. Interesting - Benedict was spotted in a dressing gown. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 17, 2016 2:05 pm  #1374

Oh my.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

May 17, 2016 2:36 pm  #1375

May 17, 2016 2:36 pm  #1376

SusiGo wrote:

Just a short heads up: They have moved location from 3rd to 4th floor within the building. There was definitely a children's ward with little colourful plastic chairs. Get well balloons have been seen. Interesting - Benedict was spotted in a dressing gown. 

May 17, 2016 3:08 pm  #1377

Very interesting... and I can totally see how that complicates an exam!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

May 17, 2016 3:17 pm  #1378

Very interesting indeed .. the dressing gown would make a mind palace or memory scene a possibility, and the child in hospital might not necessarily be baby Watson of course. The hospital sign looks fairly modern, so perhaps not a flashback to child Sherlock, but who knows? 

May 17, 2016 3:41 pm  #1379

Sherlock hurt rescuing/saving the child?
Sherlock pretending to be a patient to watch over said child, if a threat has been made against it?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 17, 2016 3:46 pm  #1380

SusiGo wrote:

Can we determine if this is "Sherlock" in a hospital robe, or indeed just Ben in a dressing gown?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

Board footera