BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 12, 2016 5:41 am  #1261

Re: Series 4 Setlock (potential spoilers)

I don't think I predicted any of TAB.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 12, 2016 5:57 am  #1262

Do you remember somebody left some papers out (E1 script?) behind the windshield a while ago and it was possible to read the baby's name and the bonus locations? And Amanda was like, don't you dare post it and spoil anyone. That was way more information back then and a much smoother reaction.

#ItsAsetup

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

May 12, 2016 6:01 am  #1263

There are certain ongoing 'news stories' in the real world, that I feel the same way about...I just get bored and find it hard to raise any enthusiasm for them.
In the grand scheme of things, it just doesn't register with me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 12, 2016 6:12 am  #1264

SusiGo wrote:

Wow, this is classy, Amanda. Lovely style. 

http://ebaeschnbliah.tumblr.com/post/144213326539/welovethebeekeeper-constancecream

To clear this up - this was the pic she originally posted:

http://ebaeschnbliah.tumblr.com/post/144209690839/sidryan-alright-yall-get-decipherin?is_related_post=1

Now there is rumour that it was not a real readthrough and that they do not want her to go on posting - maybe in order to conceal if Mary is still in ep. 2? Lots of theories at the moment. 

Wow....
Just caught up....
I'm sorry to say, but AA is an awful representative of the show. I can't wait for the day she might not be involved that much anymore.
But hey, she said she's sorry. She truly is....

Last edited by mrshouse (May 12, 2016 6:13 am)

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

May 12, 2016 6:15 am  #1265

Do you think Martin would like to hear you say that?
How do we know he doesn't completely agree with her?

May 12, 2016 6:17 am  #1266

Well she might be a bit trigger happy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

May 12, 2016 6:18 am  #1267

Oh, I see what you did there!
Well, I would like to think she does it for the best reasons.
Obviously it does sometimes backfire.
She would possibly feel she's placing her trust in the fandom.

May 12, 2016 6:18 am  #1268

I'm not allowed to say my opinion because of Martin? Do they work hipjoined only?

"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

May 12, 2016 6:21 am  #1269

Once again, nobody said you weren't allowed an opinion.
All of our opinions have consequences...whether we are aware of them or not
I personally wouldn't want to say on here, anything I wouldn't want to say an actor's face.
Further, they seem a pretty close team to me and incredibly loyal and protective of each other.
I would hope that was a given, with a couple.

May 12, 2016 6:23 am  #1270

Who says I wouldn't say that to them? I have my opinion about these things. And my point has nothing to do with the closeness of the team or the Freemans. Nothing whatsoever.

May 12, 2016 6:25 am  #1271

Yes I understand that.
I just feel if Martin knew somebody said something negative about his partner, he possibly may not want them as a fan of his.
That is my personal opinion.

May 12, 2016 6:29 am  #1272

Yes, I see that point.
But they expose themselves as actors and must live with the fact that people have opinions. I don't talk about something private here. I'm sure they are happy and have a wonderful private life. But when they represent their works they are no Siamese twins.

May 12, 2016 6:35 am  #1273

Just this: She has "apologised" to the fans. And wants to draw a line under it. For a mature woman with a public profession she shows an awful lack of tact and reason. It was not one tweet, there were several of them, written in a language that should not be used in public towards fans of a show. And it is by far not the first time she has deleted tweets. 
However, I wonder if someone talked to her. These tweets reflect in a bad way on the show and I am sure some of the team are not happy about it 

As for bringing up Martin - Amanda is a grown-up professional woman. I do not think that she serves as her partner's mouthpiece. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 12, 2016 7:02 am  #1274

I agree, Susi and mrshouse. She obviously is an independent woman who doesn't ask Martin for permission before opening her mouth. I don't doubt that Martin has an opinion on all these things, on her tweets and also on the reactions she gets from fans. But quite honestly: I couldn't care less. It's her twitter, these are her tweets and her words. And the reactions she gets are adressed at her. Why can't people think before tweeting such stuff?
I don't really care about twitter, but thank god there are some other people connected to the show who make reading tweets about the show more enjoyable.

Last edited by SolarSystem (May 12, 2016 7:03 am)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

May 12, 2016 7:05 am  #1275

Wow.. just catched up here.

First think, then act. To use that gutterspeak as an official representative of the show is not acceptable. If I am angry I can express it in a reasonable way, especially in public. When I know that I tend to overreact, and she knows, I try to calm down first and then write something.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

May 12, 2016 7:08 am  #1276

I think that is a problem particular to social media.
Though to be fair, sometimes in life, on the spur of the moment, we say things we shouldn't and then apologise afterwards.
I agree the foul language is another issue, but that honestly just seems to be how the whole of that family speak!
They use swear words as punctuation, as we say in Scotland and that's the polite version!

May 12, 2016 7:15 am  #1277

besleybean wrote:

I think that is a problem particular to social media.
Though to be fair, sometimes in life, on the spur of the moment, we say things we shouldn't and then apologise afterwards.
I agree the foul language is another issue, but that honestly just seems to be how the whole of that family speak!
They use swear words as punctuation, as we say in Scotland and that's the polite version!

But not everybody knows AA speaks that way all the time. So it can be a shock for the "uninitiated", don´t you think? And extreme reactions like this can throw shade and leave the bad taste in the mouth of the fans in regards of the whole show which is not only the work of AA alone, but the hard work of her numerous colleagues as well. The rude behaviour of one member of the cast can thus reflect badly on the work of others - who gave so much sweat and effort to make this show good and memorable. She should think of them in the first place when she posts such things.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

May 12, 2016 7:20 am  #1278

...or as someone on tumblr just put it: We all can be impulsive, but she is not at home in her own kitchen, shouting at the dog because he didn't move out of the way.
And it seems she doesn't learn from experience at all, because this really hasn't been the first time something like this happened.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

May 12, 2016 7:23 am  #1279

Yesterday I got very angry and kicked a cushion around the living-room. And I screamed. I felt better afterwards but I do not have to put that on Twitter. Unfiltered public posting is something children are warned of, so this should apply to adults as well. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 12, 2016 7:24 am  #1280

And to think that if she politely asked the fans who put the filter on the photo to stop spreading the pic, they would certainly obey and all this bad drama could be entirely avoided.

Last edited by nakahara (May 12, 2016 7:25 am)

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

Board footera