BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 11, 2016 8:43 pm  #1241

Re: Series 4 Setlock (potential spoilers)

Ivy wrote:

Does anyone remember the greenhouse scene when Gwen walks in on them?! 

That's a rethorical question, isn't it?
And as much as I'd like to see John Barrowman in "Sherlock", I think first and foremost it's about time to bring back Capatin Jack in DW. I can't believe that the return of Captain Jak hasn't happened yet...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

May 11, 2016 8:44 pm  #1242

BB: She is not my hero. I do not expect anything from her but to do her work and respect the fans. That is all. And I cannot remember anyone in the team ever behaving in such a way. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 11, 2016 8:45 pm  #1243

Okay that was a bit harsh... and it's really nothing to go on from that pic. Wow. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

May 11, 2016 8:48 pm  #1244

Let's just hope her kids don't follow her on twitter...

Last edited by SolarSystem (May 11, 2016 8:48 pm)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

May 11, 2016 8:52 pm  #1245

Oh, yes. But you know what is interesting? How well you can read the words. This is an invitation to decipher it, if you ask me. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 11, 2016 9:03 pm  #1246

Hm, I'm not so sure about that actually... there seem to be two pics on tumblr, I suppose this is the one AA originally posted:
http://ebaeschnbliah.tumblr.com/post/144210378569/constancecream-constancecream-mary-watson?is_related_post=1

May 11, 2016 9:06 pm  #1247

Maybe the one I linked was the optically treated one. But so what? It has happened before and no one made such a fuss about it. 

May 11, 2016 9:12 pm  #1248

What did she think would happen after the tweeted a picture of the script? That people looked away politely?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

May 11, 2016 9:14 pm  #1249

Well, she likes to tease but it seems she does not like it if people start deducing on their own. 

May 11, 2016 9:18 pm  #1250

Schmiezi wrote:

What did she think would happen after the tweeted a picture of the script? That people looked away politely?

Maybe that's what people really should do in the future when it comes to her tweets.

May 11, 2016 9:21 pm  #1251

But but but... They DO know that people put filters on such photos, this is why in the picture posted a while ago the script of the first ep had some sheets of paper right under the cover.
I say it's a set-up.

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

May 11, 2016 9:21 pm  #1252

Honestly what did she expect? The fans aren't stupid, then don't tweet stuff, that isn't safe enough.
After seeing all her setlock related tweets here in this thread I often wondered if Mark & Co are really 100% okay with that.
I unfollowed her some time ago, although her tweets can be really funny at times, but she started to get on my nerves for different reasons.

Last edited by Ivy (May 11, 2016 9:22 pm)

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

May 11, 2016 9:25 pm  #1253

The fans are anything but stupid. 

No matter what, I think this was unnecessarily harsh words 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

May 11, 2016 9:31 pm  #1254

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

The fans are anything but stupid. 

No matter what, I think this was unnecessarily harsh words 

I agree.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

May 11, 2016 9:32 pm  #1255

ewige wrote:

But but but... They DO know that people put filters on such photos, this is why in the picture posted a while ago the script of the first ep had some sheets of paper right under the cover.
I say it's a set-up.

I´m inclined to think this is a staged drama, too.
From the beginning of Setlock, TPTB deliberately teased us with hints meant to be deduced by us.
How can a person who is the part of Sherlock team for two years now not know that posting such pic would immediately elicit such reaction from fans?
Especially if it´s not the first case of this kind, as you correctly mentioned, ewige.

Last edited by nakahara (May 11, 2016 9:34 pm)

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

May 11, 2016 9:34 pm  #1256

But why stage a drama in such an exaggerated way? Why use such words and insult the fans?
Sorry, but I don't see what could be the use of that.

May 11, 2016 9:39 pm  #1257

There is some information out there that Ben hasn't been in the UK for this "fake" readthrough today. Have you heard anything like this too?

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

May 11, 2016 9:40 pm  #1258

SolarSystem wrote:

But why stage a drama in such an exaggerated way? Why use such words and insult the fans?
Sorry, but I don't see what could be the use of that.

It just seems a bit fishy to me.
But yes, "cretins" and "arseholes" is quite a strong language.
It´s sad to think she regards the dedicated fans of the show in this manner.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

May 11, 2016 9:45 pm  #1259

Hardcore fans makes or breaks a show these days... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

May 12, 2016 12:18 am  #1260

We are the Sherlock fandom.  Give us a picture of a bathtub and we will analyse it to hell and back.

Of course we are also the fans that predicted 90% of the Victorian special.  So maybe they are right to be paranoid.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

Board footera