BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 8, 2016 5:43 pm  #1201

Re: Series 4 Setlock (potential spoilers)

I think so, too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 8, 2016 8:30 pm  #1202

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

May 8, 2016 8:32 pm  #1203

Another fantastic slate!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 9, 2016 9:06 pm  #1204

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

May 9, 2016 9:11 pm  #1205

May 9, 2016 10:40 pm  #1206

Well done, Arwel.

Clueing for looks.

May 10, 2016 12:43 am  #1207

What is a recce bus?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

May 10, 2016 5:37 am  #1208

Why the AMERICAN Mother's Day?
Recce is short for reconnaissance.

May 10, 2016 6:00 am  #1209

Probably because she's in Canada (judging from the tweet), and she's American herself, I believe.   Maybe she got to have two if she was over here in March! 

May 10, 2016 6:04 am  #1210

That's just greedy!

May 10, 2016 6:57 am  #1211

You can't have too many Mother's Days. <3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

May 10, 2016 8:11 am  #1212

Just a thought, I've had a look at the short stories that Doyle had written and that have been hinted at in the series.
From the look of it, it only leaves us with 20 original stories (I may have miscounted, though)...but I've every faith that TPTB will have many more ideas to continue on Holmes and Watson's adventures!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

May 10, 2016 8:20 am  #1213

Lilythiell wrote:

Just a thought, I've had a look at the short stories that Doyle had written and that have been hinted at in the series.
From the look of it, it only leaves us with 20 original stories (I may have miscounted, though)...but I've every faith that TPTB will have many more ideas to continue on Holmes and Watson's adventures!

If an element of the original story was used in an episode, that doesn´t mean some other element of the same story cannot be used again in another episode. The elements taken from "Sign of four" were used in four episodes thus far and judging from Setlock (the chase with the dog Toby), more elements from that will be used in the future.

And then there are famous pastiches and famous movie adaptations that offer plenty of new ideas....

Last edited by nakahara (May 10, 2016 10:59 am)

May 10, 2016 10:48 am  #1214

I admire the slate art! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

May 10, 2016 1:26 pm  #1215

Thank you for your quick response, nakahara and pardon my late reaction.
I am aware that elements of the same stories can be used in different episodes, I had a terrible second of doubt that prompted me to share this. I am however happy to know that you share the view the writers will not be stopped any time soon

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

May 10, 2016 4:46 pm  #1216

Well it takes them a decade between each series anyway!

May 11, 2016 10:41 am  #1217

Preparation for Episode 2 is in full swing:

May 11, 2016 10:43 am  #1218

May 11, 2016 12:34 pm  #1219

Lovely tweets! And I like the shoes too! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

May 11, 2016 3:10 pm  #1220

THEY'RE READING EPISODE TWO!  Words exist.  Things are going to happen.  
Still ridiculously excited over setlock.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

Board footera