BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 2, 2016 2:07 pm  #1041

Re: Series 4 Setlock (potential spoilers)

Oh, are they actually filming at this point?
I thought it was Benedict and Martin, as opposed to Sherlock and John.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 2, 2016 2:07 pm  #1042

Ivy wrote:

nakahara wrote:

What does he says to Benedict, I wonder?

I saw a pic of that one yesterday on tumblr, when Ben had his face right in front of Martins and I got a little bit excited because it looked like.....you know.....well but that was the Johnlock reader in me.

You are not alone.  It totally looks like they're leaning in for a snog. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

May 2, 2016 2:08 pm  #1043

I refer the member to my previous post!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 2, 2016 2:15 pm  #1044

I'm not saying Martin and Ben kiss.  I was joking that they were talking about what it would be like when their character's kiss.   And I don't think it's insulting to Martin and Ben to say that.  If those two knew they were going to be filming something that confirmed johnlock they would be taking the piss constantly!

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

May 2, 2016 2:17 pm  #1045

We just have to cut Mary out. Sherlock and John kiss goodbye, Sherlock is on his way to look at some lovely dead body parts and John, baby and dog go to the park/kindergarten/paediatrist. The fic has already been written somewhere.

Last edited by Ivy (May 2, 2016 2:18 pm)

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

May 2, 2016 2:18 pm  #1046

It's interesting, I would like to hear/see an interview where they discuss their feelings about(the possibility of) going down that route.
Though possibly it would only happen postmortem, as it were.

May 2, 2016 2:21 pm  #1047

Ivy wrote:

We just have to cut Mary out. Sherlock and John kiss goodbye, Sherlock is on his way to look at some lovely dead body parts and John, baby and dog go to the park/kindergarten/paediatrist. The fic has already been written somewhere.

That fic has been written many many times. 

I wonder if Martin is having flashbacks to when his own kids were wee babes? 

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

May 2, 2016 2:23 pm  #1048

I thought that more in the shot where the baby seems to be laughing at him.

May 2, 2016 2:25 pm  #1049

I guess they would think Mofftiss are mental.

That will never happen, I like their relationship, I'm not sure I want to see Johnlock. Just because it never will be like it is in my fantasy. But it would be interesting if they would have planned that show from the beginning like Johnlock would be the goal sooner or later. But that belongs in the Johnlock thread.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

May 2, 2016 2:56 pm  #1050

It looks to me as if Ben (or Sherlock?) is leaning in to look at the baby. 

My first thought when I saw the scene was something to the likes of:

John: You konw, Sherlock; I can't keep dragging my daughter around after this case. She's hungry and it's soon time for her nap!
Sherlock: *leans in to have a good look at this mini-human* I don't know how you can tell, John. Her facial expression is just the same as it was an hour ago.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

May 2, 2016 4:06 pm  #1051

Ha-ha! I don't know if that will be an actual scene, but I like it! That would be a fun piece of dialogue.

Last edited by Yitzock (May 2, 2016 4:07 pm)

Clueing for looks.

May 2, 2016 4:30 pm  #1052

That would be epic! 

Sherlock would be clueless trying to deduce the baby 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

May 2, 2016 4:41 pm  #1053

I'd like to see him try!  LOL.

May 2, 2016 4:57 pm  #1054

And the baby would just look at him and bat her eyelashes and Sherlock would get all squishy inside. 

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

May 2, 2016 5:01 pm  #1055

We really ought to have a board fan fic.
On an old discussion forum I belonged to, we had various story threads, where people popped in and out to add a sentence or two- to a group story.
It was very amusing.

May 2, 2016 5:06 pm  #1056

Well, go and start one. :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

May 2, 2016 5:11 pm  #1057

Well I could...
It just occurred to me...
Though of course that board was comprised of people who didn't normally write(or at least not fiction)...not like you prolific lot here.
But I am sure you can imagine, it got very dirty. it was a constant fight, me trying to keep it clean!
It was also very challenging, cos I think we actually had a 5 word limit(per post) or something...
But anyway, sorry for being OT- again.

May 2, 2016 5:15 pm  #1058

I am wondering about something, though...

Do you guys know of any tv series (in a similar genre/category/type as Sherlock) where a baby has died? Not that someone lost a baby in an off-screen past or a huge disaster where babies also died, but that a particular baby related to the main characters died in the show? 

I don't know if that has happened. If it is "allowed" to kill off a baby,if it's one of those things considered so horrible that BBC/production companies would never allow it?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

May 2, 2016 5:16 pm  #1059

besleybean wrote:

Well I could...
It just occurred to me...
Though of course that board was comprised of people who didn't normally write(or at least not fiction)...not like you prolific lot here.
But I am sure you can imagine, it got very dirty. it was a constant fight, me trying to keep it clean!
It was also very challenging, cos I think we actually had a 5 word limit(per post) or something...
But anyway, sorry for being OT- again.

We need a new thread for this. I'l go and start one.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

May 2, 2016 5:19 pm  #1060

I'm not sure if we haven't even discussed this before? 
Was that the start of us offering alternatives? 
No baby, not John's baby, baby survives, or Mum and baby go into hiding etc.
I'm really not sure whether this is totally taboo or not...I seem to think we've had cot deaths etc.

Board footera