BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 30, 2016 9:29 pm  #981

Re: Series 4 Setlock (potential spoilers)

besleybean wrote:

How can it be photoshop AND a spoiler, both at the same time?!

Because part of current Setlock was used in the making of it?

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

April 30, 2016 9:34 pm  #982

Ivy wrote:

nakahara wrote:

Some random setlock:

oh how sweet 

Yes, no matter how I feel about a baby on the show, Martin playing with a baby is beyond adorable.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

April 30, 2016 9:36 pm  #983

She looks like she's laughing at him...bless.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 30, 2016 9:50 pm  #984

besleybean wrote:

She looks like she's laughing at him...bless.

That´s because she really is...

It probably helps that he holds her like a human being, not like a parcel (as this unknown lady):

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

April 30, 2016 9:53 pm  #985

Some messages from Mark:

April 30, 2016 9:53 pm  #986

Actually she's more likely to be smiling at her parent behind Martin!
I see lost of parents carrying their kids like that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 30, 2016 9:54 pm  #987

April 30, 2016 9:55 pm  #988

nakahara wrote:

Some messages from Mark:

Mysterious, but it sounds like there's good stuff coming.

Clueing for looks.

April 30, 2016 9:57 pm  #989

I thought he was really meaning he had writer's block!

April 30, 2016 10:14 pm  #990

nakahara wrote:

Some messages from Mark:

We're doomed.
They are going to kill us all.
But it's going to hurt so good going down.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

May 1, 2016 7:19 am  #991

Well I predict at least a broken John and I for one will be there for him.

May 1, 2016 7:29 am  #992

Exciting that it's his favourite season!  And interesting that he's still writing it!   I took it that they were filming all the episodes together this time (whereas I gather that HLV was filmed later ... I've been amusing myself by reading setlock posts from S3 to see how much it's possible to guess from the glimpses we get!).   The question was about favourite season and moment, which suggests that his favourite moment is the one they're actually filming now, but I suspect he answered just for the season rather than the moment. 

On the other hand, until it's be aired, I wouldn't expect him to suggest that this season isn't quite as good as one that has gone before! 

May 1, 2016 7:33 am  #993

I just assumed he was like me.
The latest season is always his favourite season.
For exactly the reason you stated!

HLV was late, because it was written by Steven.
His episodes are always last.

May 1, 2016 9:04 am  #994

Please take the time to read this. This is definitely the best thing about setlock I have read so far. Free from panic, bitterness, and hysteria. Just someone thinking and asking the right questions:

http://heurtebizzz.tumblr.com/post/143659658575/the-backs-the-hair-and-other-clues-setlock-wild

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 1, 2016 9:26 am  #995

(Sorry, I just typed a whole paragraph and lost it, cos of this flippin' internet issue. I do apologise that my responses are therefore more terse even than they usually are! So, a re-cap )
1. I have never panicked, nor been bitter or hysterical.
2. I always think and ask questions.
3. I don't innately hate any major character.
4. I do listen to the team's contributions.
5. Unless proven otherwise, I take on board what we are shown.
6. Setlock is difficult: we know from past experience that we never know what is real and also we will see things we both like and dislike. Having said that: sometimes things we don't like are(in an aired episode) presented in ways we can accept.
7. On the specific issues mentioned above: Well, it depends what you define as 'domestic bliss'. Plus, even if it is, we've ALL been saying the whole time, it's only been to lull us into a false sense of security.
Further, I can think of any number of reasons Sherlock and Mary could be dumped with baby Watson, which doesn't necessarily imply marital disharmony(which after all is what people are harping on about). For instance, doesn't this imply John and Mary are together? If they are, they could be working on their marriage, which is surely a positive thing?
8. I hope the boys do end up back in Baker Street together, but I only think this is going to happen after tragedy, which wll be traumatic for John at least.

Last edited by besleybean (May 1, 2016 9:30 am)

May 1, 2016 9:49 am  #996

SusiGo wrote:

Please take the time to read this. This is definitely the best thing about setlock I have read so far. Free from panic, bitterness, and hysteria. Just someone thinking and asking the right questions:

http://heurtebizzz.tumblr.com/post/143659658575/the-backs-the-hair-and-other-clues-setlock-wild

Thank you for posting this. What a great analysis.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

May 1, 2016 9:56 am  #997

The scenes with Sherlock, Molly and the baby went right past me. I love how ominous they sound and definitely prefer them to the expected scenes with John, Sherlock and the baby.

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

May 1, 2016 9:59 am  #998

Yes, I think they might foreshadow something happening to Mary and/or John. I am sure they will not waste a whole day's filming on Sherlock and Molly babysitting. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 1, 2016 10:03 am  #999

Yes it screams to me that either John/Mary are in danger, or else they are sorting something out.

May 1, 2016 10:31 am  #1000

Thanks for posting that great analisys, Susi.

One of the points that made me think twice are the babieS.
"It’s not baby Watson, it’s some other baby. Or babies. As Amanda said on twitter, there are many babies, which could be literally true because it takes more than one baby to film one."

I saw some babies in the Setlock pics, but they were all of different ages. So it was not only filming one baby by casting more than one, which is quite usual, indeed, but also younger and older babies.
I wonder what that was all about...

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

Board footera