BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 14, 2016 10:30 am  #3601

Re: Series 4 Setlock (potential spoilers)

She could be in the other car in that car crash *nods*

ETA: uhm, that was intended as an answer to Schmiezi's post!
Altho I rather John suffers a lot (I mean, what's the point of a show with no angst in it?). The cosmic balance needs to be restored after season 3.

Last edited by ewige (November 14, 2016 10:32 am)

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

November 14, 2016 10:38 am  #3602

I feel that John has suffered from episode is 1, more or less. Sherlock as well, we don't really need more angst. But it looks like we'll get it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

November 14, 2016 10:42 am  #3603

Oh, yes. Because Sherlock has not addressed his true demons. And I think there will be a lot of pain in that and probably not just for him and John. I also feel there will be some painful revelations and not just about Mary. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 14, 2016 10:44 am  #3604

Bottom line: is it Jan, 1 yet?

-----

November 14, 2016 10:46 am  #3605

As much as the prospect of angst and darkness in S4 scares me... I know I wouldn't be satisfied with a completely fluffy and 'safe' series or even episode... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

November 14, 2016 11:20 am  #3606

Oh, I agree. Pure fluff would become very boring very quickly. I just wish the boys could get a break.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

November 14, 2016 3:13 pm  #3607

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

As much as the prospect of angst and darkness in S4 scares me... I know I wouldn't be satisfied with a completely fluffy and 'safe' series or even episode... 

I am still scared but you are right. Having S4 ending on a fluffy note would be fine though.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

November 14, 2016 4:34 pm  #3608

I agree!  Especially since Season 5 will, in all likelihood, be several years away.  Please, BBC, no cliffhangers this time!

November 15, 2016 3:56 pm  #3609

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

November 29, 2016 7:33 pm  #3610

The fan glimpsed filming of Sherlock from afar.
Some spoilers about the important scene ensued:

http://talalyla.tumblr.com/post/153825451005/the-luckiest-unlucky-night-of-my-life-or-how-i

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

November 29, 2016 8:04 pm  #3611

Confused and excited in equal measure, here!

-----

November 29, 2016 8:44 pm  #3612

I'm actually debating whether or not to click it... I scrolled past it on tumblr when my feed messed up... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 2, 2017 9:15 am  #3613

This is the first time I've followed setlock.  It was such fun seeing all those things in TST!  The big spoiler being that bus stop lady (who we'd only seen from a distance in setlock) is the Lady in Red and possibly is (according to one of the episode descriptions) Culverton's daughter. 

There were so many parts where I kept thinking oh, there's Mary with the old door, there's bus stop lady, there's the house with the explosion, etc.  I don't feel anything was really spoiled for me.  

January 2, 2017 10:11 am  #3614

Yep, I never get the spoilers right!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 7, 2017 7:01 pm  #3615

I think it was in the main series 4 thread (and maybe some others) that we were discussing the promo pictures where 221B looks destroyed in the background and that it could represent the seemingly crumbling relationship of John and sherlock but I was reading some people's theories and they mentioned the setlock video where people walking past 221B and reacted as if there was an explosion so maybe 221B really is going to get destroyed?

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

January 7, 2017 7:02 pm  #3616

So Sherlock retires to the country?!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 7, 2017 7:08 pm  #3617

besleybean wrote:

So Sherlock retires to the country?!

... with John.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 7, 2017 7:10 pm  #3618

That would be lovely...but I can't see them doing that.

January 7, 2017 7:11 pm  #3619

I worry about that. 221B is like a character in itself! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

January 7, 2017 7:14 pm  #3620

I do think there are hints that something is going to happen to 221B.  I have wondered if that's why they're letting us see inside at the moment - so we can see it destroyed later. 

However, I can't really think of a good reason (plot-wise) to destroy it.  Maybe it's just symbolic, or maybe we're going to get a great story in which it makes sense! 

Board footera