BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 10, 2016 10:48 am  #3581

Re: Series 4 Setlock (potential spoilers)

Imagine the feels!

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 10, 2016 10:53 am  #3582

Strings are usually good at underlining emotional scenes... yikes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

November 10, 2016 10:54 am  #3583

Oh, wow. This will be awesome. Or heartbreaking. Or both.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

November 10, 2016 11:58 am  #3584

Lautrela wrote:

Does it means we'll get another trailer very soon, then ? 
I'm so excited ! 

That would be great! :-D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

November 10, 2016 1:09 pm  #3585

I would LOVE that! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

November 10, 2016 2:26 pm  #3586

Oh, I can´t wait for that!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

November 11, 2016 2:34 pm  #3587

The official trailer, I hope!  So far, all we've had are 2 practically identical teasers.

November 13, 2016 4:19 pm  #3588

Well, Amanda has not been seen shooting anything but S4E1, has she? Plus the shooting in Morocco that might have happened or not...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 13, 2016 4:56 pm  #3589

I don't completely rely on imdb for accurate facts, so I don't know!   But I think that, with mind palace and flashbacks, a character appearing in an episode doesn't necessarily tell us a lot about the plot.  For instance, she could die in one episode, and by seen in Sherlock's mind palace a couple of episodes later.  

I'm remembering that scene that was reported with the little girl running around Sherlock - the person who saw it thought she was Mary, which could be right or wrong .... and now that I think of it, this came up on another thread and I mentioned that I had had a feeling that this was mind palace - now, I've remembered that this is one reason for it.  Adult Sherlock could not meet child Mary in real life.  But also child Mary would not have been called Mary at that age.   She only took the name quite recently.  (Although I don't suppose that rules out her being called Mary previously, but that would just be too complicated!).  Anyway, wasn't that scene from S3?  It seems odd that a child Mary would feature, without an adult Mary (even if she is already dead).  

We shall see.  I wonder if she'll have one key episode where she plays a major role.  I wonder if that will be episode one, because that's where we've mainly seen her (and the baby). 

I also keep thinking about the comment about Episode Three being more like the Rathbone/Bruce films.   I don't see that with being the case with Mary as part of a threesome.  Either she will be gone by then, or sidelined.  At least, I imagine.  I'm not really sure of anything! 

November 13, 2016 7:58 pm  #3590

I just came across this myself - quite interesting. Although it is true that Imdb isnt' entirely reliable as a souce. Hope it's true, though. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

November 13, 2016 8:24 pm  #3591

As for setlock - if I remember correctly these are the confirmed scenes with Amanda, i.e. scenes in which people saw her actually filming scenes:

- the restaurant scene for ep. 1
- the Borough market scene with the dog and the baby for ep. 1
- she was present during the Misking filming but in the house, not in the street, ep. 2
- there was a scene with her, Martin, and Benedict entering the hospital, ep. 2

This is all I remember. I think they really went to Morocco and did the scenes with the dark hair and Arabian clothing there but this may be a flashback and not part of the actual plot. Does anyone remember anything else?

Liberty, I think we discussed the scene with the little girl allegedly called Mary, thinking it might be MP. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 13, 2016 8:26 pm  #3592

Was she in the scene with the car in the tunnel? Some people talked about it perhaps being the birth scene, but that might be just speculation.

So perhaps the scene with John standing at a hospital bed isn't Sherlock. Perhaps it could be Mary. 

Team Hudders!

November 13, 2016 8:58 pm  #3593

Could be!  The fact that they're hiding who is in the bed, and we'd automatically assume it was Sherlock, seems to suggest that it isn't Sherlock!  And who else would John, on his own, be watching?

Yes, I do think the scene with the little girl seems like MP.  If the girl is Mary, you'd expect her to also appear as an adult, even if it's also mind palace/flashback.  Which would mean she was in all three episodes. 

How many weeks is it now? 

November 13, 2016 10:08 pm  #3594

48 days 22 hours.... 

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

November 14, 2016 2:25 am  #3595

Better her in that bed than Sherlock, this go-around!  Sherlock's already been hospitalized in Season 3; it would be overkill for him to be hospitalized again in Season 4.  I'd rather that happened to John this time!  But if Mary's to be killed off, it would be fitting for her to be in the hospital when she dies.  Where the baby will die remains to be seen.

Last edited by kgreen20 (November 14, 2016 2:26 am)

November 14, 2016 3:41 am  #3596

Somehow I hope for Mary to die in action, not in a hospital bed.

November 14, 2016 7:52 am  #3597

Can´t she just disappear somewhere? I´d hate to see her transformed into a martyr.

November 14, 2016 8:24 am  #3598

Well, Mary has been very useful for some major dramatic storytelling so far.
I'm sure Moftiss will make the best of her death, narrative-wise, just like they made the best of her wedding ;)

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

November 14, 2016 10:24 am  #3599

nakahara wrote:

Can´t she just disappear somewhere? I´d hate to see her transformed into a martyr.

I can imagine many ways for her to die in action without becoming a martyr. *insert evil grinning emoji here*

November 14, 2016 10:30 am  #3600

I don't care if she dies a martyr or a villain, as long as she's gone.

Preferably in the least painful way for John.

Team Hudders!

Board footera