BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 21, 2016 11:49 am  #3481

Re: Series 4 Setlock (potential spoilers)

Yes the rabbit hole baby   
But there was the tunnel birth thingy too.

"Man may not be degraded  to being a machine by being denied to be a ghost in the machine."
It's just transport. The virus in the hard drive . However impossible .Must be the truth.

August 21, 2016 12:06 pm  #3482

Yes. But there are some things that are strange. People reported that Mary was wearing a light summer dress in this scene. If this was the real birth, it would take place in winter, not too long after the tarmac scene.

The wedding is on 18th May, Mary is in her first trimester. She does not seem to have realised that she did not menstruate else she would not react so surprised. So we can assume that she is very early in the pregnancy. Just for fun I used an online calculator and chose 18 April as conception date which gives you an estimated date of birth of 9 January. So there is no scenario whatsoever of Mary giving birth during a season in which she would wear a light summer dress. Btw, Sherlock and John are wearing light clothes as well. Sherlock is just in a suit, he does not wear his coat. 

Btw, this also ties with Amanda's joke about the gestation period of an elephant. If Mary gave birth in summer, she would indeed have had the gestation period of an elephant. 

Last edited by SusiGo (August 21, 2016 12:59 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 21, 2016 12:57 pm  #3483

Yes . A horrible cliche that stinks of cheese too .Would be very glad if that was a lol but no scene.

"Man may not be degraded  to being a machine by being denied to be a ghost in the machine."
It's just transport. The virus in the hard drive . However impossible .Must be the truth.

August 21, 2016 1:11 pm  #3484

Oh, have a look at my edited post, Moth. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 21, 2016 1:53 pm  #3485

Oh . Hmm lol yes at the dates! I guessed with the deduction in May she got pregnant in April which meant the baby was due in Dec , but that doesn't seem to work either as I guess the tarmac scene is early January.  An elephant pregnancy mystery indeed. 

August 21, 2016 2:01 pm  #3486

I'm not bothered, it's TV.
But I would like to see a baby.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 21, 2016 2:15 pm  #3487

In the pics it looks to me that AA is wearing the shirt from the Market scene without the trousers in the tunnel scene. Same ish hair too?
But then again AA did seem to want to publicize that scene via twitter which adds doubt to it's reality.   Even with setlock we are going to be surprised I think.

August 21, 2016 2:18 pm  #3488

besleybean wrote:

Agree at the TV thing . But I don't much like the idea they wrote in the baby so they could have it die or for John to otherwise loose it. I really really do not think Sherlock could work as a foursome.

August 21, 2016 2:32 pm  #3489

Side note:  A female Watson would not be groundbreaking.  Elementary beat them too it.
Just a little additional reassurance.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

August 21, 2016 2:53 pm  #3490

Mothonthemantel wrote:

besleybean wrote:

Agree at the TV thing . But I don't much like the idea they wrote in the baby so they could have it die or for John to otherwise loose it. I really really do not think Sherlock could work as a foursome.

It is not just the summer clothes but also Mary's hair which indicates that time has passed. Which is not possible if the time line is correct.

August 21, 2016 3:09 pm  #3491

I don't think TV is known for continuity on pregnancies, but yes I appreciate that with Sherlock...you don't always know what is real and what isn't!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 21, 2016 3:10 pm  #3492

Don't know. The bleached helmet    from Christmas and tarmac fairly long and enough to be the curly do at the market .

August 21, 2016 3:12 pm  #3493

We just don't know when and where S4 will start and how much is back story...

August 21, 2016 3:20 pm  #3494

BB Do you mean they may start in the future and then tell what happened with Mary and the baby via MP or flashbacks?

August 21, 2016 3:21 pm  #3495

With Sherlock, who knows?
Anything is possible!

August 21, 2016 3:24 pm  #3496

Oh gosh. All these baby scenes could be jokes versions like TRF solutions 

August 21, 2016 3:25 pm  #3497

Hadn't even thought of that...but I hope they wouldn't joke about a baby's death?! 

August 21, 2016 3:27 pm  #3498

No but , maybe Mary IDK goes awol or arrested or witness protection and they make up a load of versions of what happened for Hudders or Lestrade.

Last edited by Mothonthemantel (August 21, 2016 3:28 pm)

August 21, 2016 3:28 pm  #3499

Possible.

August 21, 2016 3:36 pm  #3500

About the dates and all, I know it's TV and all that... but I know the team knows their fans will pick this apart if they make such mistakes... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera