BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 25, 2016 7:08 am  #3001

Re: Series 4 Setlock (potential spoilers)

A little montage based on Mark´s quote.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

July 25, 2016 7:10 am  #3002

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 25, 2016 7:24 am  #3003

Ha ha!   Those are really good!  I know this was said in the context of them not showing gay characters (and we've had the no Johnlock confirmation), but "grumpy" definitely makes me think of John!

July 25, 2016 7:33 am  #3004

I did not hear anything about a no Johnlock confirmation. The question from the audience was if they were introducing new LGBT characters in series 4 and that the question was not about Sherlock and John. To which Mark said no, i.e. no new LGBT characters in series 4. And then they went on about representation, kids finding themselves in the shows they watch, the danger of having gay baddies (implying that you would need LGBT heroes to balance them). This is what I heard and saw. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 25, 2016 7:49 am  #3005

Love the montages

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

July 25, 2016 7:50 am  #3006

Aaaw haha

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 25, 2016 7:53 am  #3007

And what about this totally not awkward conversation about Baby Watson?

AA: (hesitating, stuttering) I can’t say… I… She’s pregnant when we open the fourth series.
SV: Pregnant forever!
AA: She’s more pregnant than an elephant. She’s got the longest gestation period I’ve ever known. But um…
MG: It is an elephant!
BC: It is, yeah. That’s the big secret.
AA: I don’t know, she, the baby…
SM: (aside, to Mark) “The elephant in the womb!”
-Sherlock SDCC panel

Ahem. Elephant in the room, womb, whatever. 

July 25, 2016 7:55 am  #3008

LOL, these people love their elephants, don´t they?

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

July 25, 2016 7:56 am  #3009

Oh, I meant the other one that I posted in the debate thread.  ( http://sussexbound.tumblr.com/post/147868225081/constancecare  or http://constancecream.tumblr.com/post/147867753858/constancecare-xxxxxxxxxxx  I don't really understand tumblr and which ones I should post ).

I didn't get the impression they were saying that they have a grumpy bi character and a camp gay character in the show, and as you say, they weren't asked about Sherlock and John.   They were talking about how not all gay characters have to be positive, that we've moved on a little, and they can show a variety of gay characters.   And of course, Sherlock isn't particularly camp ... but John certainly is grumpy!

Last edited by Liberty (July 25, 2016 8:00 am)

July 25, 2016 7:56 am  #3010

I haven't the slightest idea what you're saying...Noooot at all.

No one can convince me that Johnlock is not endgame.

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

July 25, 2016 8:51 am  #3011

Lmao about their elephants. xD 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 25, 2016 2:56 pm  #3012

Lilythiell wrote:

I haven't the slightest idea what you're saying...Noooot at all.

No one can convince me that Johnlock is not endgame.

Uh, shouldn't this discussion be reserved for the Johnlock thread?

July 25, 2016 2:59 pm  #3013

Yes, it should.
Apologies if I've offended you.

July 25, 2016 3:10 pm  #3014

We were discussing new information coming out of SDCC.  It's not too far off topic if we try to see how any new information from the team night relate to the possibility of Johnlock.

Also, Mark Gatiss had to know where our minds would go when he said the words "Grumpy Bi" and "Campy Gay."

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

July 25, 2016 4:44 pm  #3015

I agree with you, tonnaree. Perfectly normal things like same-sex relationships should be open for discussion in every thread as long as they are on topic. 

July 25, 2016 5:04 pm  #3016

I don't see the point in going over this discussion again.
Suffice to say it depends why forum members are responding how they do: out of taste, or by design?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 25, 2016 5:08 pm  #3017

I'm interested-- we have new info, a new perspective. I'm interested in what folks have to say after seeing the trailer-- hearing the actors' and producers comments on the panel-- that brings a new angle to the discussion, doesn't it? 

July 25, 2016 5:09 pm  #3018

Well, nobody is forced to go over any kind of discussion again. If you're not interested, you're not interested. Others might be interested, so they are free to discuss.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

July 25, 2016 5:10 pm  #3019

Sorry, I was only referring to the topic of Johnlock.
Personally I don'y have any problem with it being discussed all over, but I could see why some may find this problematic.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 25, 2016 5:28 pm  #3020

My opinion, as a member, is that any possible relationship on the show is fair game for any thread that does not specifically exclude it.  For example, we don't discuss Johnlock in the Greatest Friendship thread.  Or we would not discuss it in a thread specifically devoted to any other "ship" such as Sherlolly.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

Board footera