BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 20, 2016 3:35 pm  #2921

Re: Series 4 Setlock (potential spoilers)

I really do not think that they will have many scenes together. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 20, 2016 3:39 pm  #2922

Well if we go on to S5 without Mary, the boys will have had more episodes without her.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 20, 2016 3:44 pm  #2923

Which should be....well.....normal for this particular piece of literature?

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

July 20, 2016 3:51 pm  #2924

Of course.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 20, 2016 3:51 pm  #2925

Yes. This is Canon. The Sherlock and John Show. Have a look at my sig. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 20, 2016 4:04 pm  #2926

I'm not aware that anybody has ever argued against that!

July 20, 2016 4:08 pm  #2927

Janine Molly Adler wrote:

Isn't it cute?

And the fireworks https://twitter.com/Dannysfx/status/755677776821313536

Aww they're so sweet

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

July 20, 2016 4:10 pm  #2928

nakahara wrote:

Actual scene from the show:

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

July 20, 2016 5:23 pm  #2929

Amanda must be off to SDCC, right? No wonder they times her scenes to wrap them up in time.

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

July 20, 2016 8:18 pm  #2930

Oh, weird about that Birthday thing....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 20, 2016 11:38 pm  #2931

Maybe I'm slow, but I'm not really 'getting' the thing over the makeup trailer pictures... I don't understand. To me it just looks like some pictures of Ben's birthday this month, and then some other pictures of someone else's birthday on a completely different date. What's the missing link people are seeing that I'm not?

Doomsteady on AO3 & Tumblr

July 21, 2016 5:35 am  #2932

I wondered if they meant that Amanda's picture of last day filming was a trick - that the birthday decorations were actually from the previous birthday (possibly trying to tell us Mary is still alive when she isn't, for instance)?

I don't know if you can see her latest tweet, but it's a picture of her in front of the horns, holding a thumb up, and captioned "Mary, Mary, quite contrary".  Seems to hint at an evil plot twist for Mary (unless it's Amanda leading us astray, again!).  I'm probably reading much too much into it, but in the picture of her from the show, she has two thumbs up, and here she has one - what is she going to do to John or Sherlock!  Also wondering if there's significance in it being the hand with the rings.  (Sorry, I've tried to post the picture but it's huge and I can't seem to delete it!). 

Last edited by Liberty (July 21, 2016 5:38 am)

July 21, 2016 6:17 am  #2933

Mary's rings or Amanda's rings?!

July 21, 2016 6:35 am  #2934

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

July 21, 2016 6:39 am  #2935

Sweet.

July 21, 2016 6:41 am  #2936

Nice.

July 21, 2016 7:25 am  #2937

About Amanda's photo: I think she is teasing - both the viewers who did not get the horns hint the first time and those who are still very suspicious about Mary. 

I am not sure if this pic is from ep. 3 where she has not been seen on set at all as far as I know. We saw this jacket and the hairstyle in the hospital scenes of ep. 2 though. But I think what matters is not the time the pic was taken but the repeated allusion with the horns. Devil's horns or cuckolding somebody which is in many cultures also associated with horns. (In German we say "putting horns on s.o." for cheating on someone). 

July 21, 2016 8:06 am  #2938

Oh, so Amanda wasn't on set for ep.3? Well, there still can be something we don't know. All i hope for is that they don't kill Mary at the very end of the 3rd episode. That's just not cool.

Last edited by poorannie13 (July 21, 2016 8:08 am)

July 21, 2016 9:05 am  #2939

Mofftiss did a lot of awesome drama with Mary so they definitely realize her storytelling value and won't waste it for a cliffhanger. They rather kill us slowly with the feels. Or I hope so at least.

The clapperboard is all kinds of awesome. Feels like family, no wonder the boys keep coming back to this set

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

July 21, 2016 9:05 am  #2940

@poorannie13...although entirely possible.

Last edited by besleybean (July 21, 2016 9:06 am)

Board footera