BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 15, 2016 8:22 am  #2801

July 15, 2016 8:23 am  #2802

Re: Series 4 Setlock (potential spoilers)

Don't worry. They do that every time. There is alway speculation about Benedict and Martin getting too famous for the show. This is nothing new really. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 15, 2016 8:29 am  #2803

I take comfort in remembering Benedict saying he wanted to do Sherlock for a lot of years. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 15, 2016 8:38 am  #2804

Well, I'd love to see the grand Mofftiss finale before I turn gray (or possibly die O.o) so I'd settle for 5 seasons.

Last edited by ewige (July 15, 2016 8:39 am)

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

July 15, 2016 9:09 am  #2805

What we have to get used to is the three year gaps between the seasons, I suppose. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

July 15, 2016 9:12 am  #2806

With Moffat leaving Doctor Who he might have more time on his hands. But of course there are Benedict and Martin... so I agree, three years between each season, but maybe with a Special thrown in after two years?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

July 15, 2016 10:18 am  #2807

I'll take whatever we can get and yes I too get heart sick of these click bait news stories.
Yes there's the regular 'is this the last ever Sherlock series ' one, that coupled with 'Tom Hiddleston lined up to play The Other One'...almost equally irritating is 'Moriarty set to return', if it isn't true.
Though not as sad as 'final show down with Moriarty'.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 15, 2016 10:27 am  #2808

He's not saying it's likely to be the last one, only that it's a possibility (which isn't news!).  He seems to be expecting to do S5 and would be surprised if it didn't go ahead. 

I think this quote is a little more interesting (although probably not a surprise either!):

There are stories that we are making use of in different ways. We’re using stories that people don’t know so much. Now we are getting into equally good, but far less well known, Conan Doyle stories.

So less well known stories.  They've done the very well-known ones, but I suppose it maybe rules out those boat scenes being a version of The Sign of the Four?  Or maybe they are still taking elements from the most famous stories, just not using them as the basis for whole episodes? 

July 15, 2016 10:33 am  #2809

A friend of mine counted at least four or five stories in which ships or boats are mentioned, e.g. the Gloria Scott and the Friesland. Especially the last one would be very Moftiss-style, a parallel to Ricoletti with the club-foot and his abominable wife: 

"and also the shocking affair of the Dutch steamship FRIESLAND, which so nearly cost us both our lives."
(The Norwood Builder)

Mentioned in passing. Could be turned into a big plot element. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 15, 2016 10:57 am  #2810

Goodness me.  So much to elaborate on in that quote! 

July 15, 2016 10:57 am  #2811

Have you seen the official poster for series 4?
Sherlock and his dog.
It is getting real

(sorry, can't share it, I'm on my phone).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

July 15, 2016 11:07 am  #2812

Yes, it's lovely!  And very light in tone - makes me think of a Famous Five adventure or something like that.   I wonder if the first episode is going to be be lighter than the others?  Ep2 looks kind of dark from what we've seen, and I'm expecting Ep3 to be dark regardless of what we've seen!   Perhaps a lighter first episode would set us up for the trauma that will inevitably come.

July 15, 2016 11:43 am  #2813

I doubt S4 will be the last because I'm betting it ends on a horrific cliffhanger.  We already know that the creators have a plan for S5 but, as others have said, we may have to wait longer for this one.  
In the end I do believe that everyone involved would want to do a proper "ending" of the series even if it had to be a special episode.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

July 15, 2016 2:43 pm  #2814

I just found the quotes about series 4 and 5:

“Rather excitingly, Mark and I, for no particular reason, we just got out of the rain and sat at the top of the [Sherlock] production bus… and we just started plotting out what we could do in the future,” Moffat said during a screening of the series 3 finale titled “His Last Vow.”

“And we plotted out the whole of series four and five.”

http://www.hypable.com/sherlock-series-4-steven-moffat-update/

July 15, 2016 2:44 pm  #2815

Good stuff.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 15, 2016 2:50 pm  #2816

I want as many series ad possible... of course as long as they keep their standards

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 15, 2016 3:13 pm  #2817

*Gasp*

Steven Moffat said in an interview for the Telegraph that the next series of Sherlock could be the last...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/15/next-series-of-sherlock-could-be-last-bbc-shows-creator-warns/

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

July 15, 2016 3:16 pm  #2818

DON'T PANIC!

This comes up every time!   They've all said that they want to keep making Sherlock as long as they can and S5 is already plotted out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

July 15, 2016 3:17 pm  #2819

Well he's basically said what they've always said...they'll keep making them as long as Benedict and Martin are available.
Nothing new there.
And if it means an occasional one every 5 years or so...that's what we'll get!

July 15, 2016 3:26 pm  #2820

I know, I know...still that article had me freaking out. But you're right, there's nothing new under the sun.

And I would definitely wait 5 years for a series. Of course.

Thank you for being there

Board footera