BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 14, 2016 7:45 am  #2761

Re: Series 4 Setlock (potential spoilers)

Neither do I. I had the crack idea that this could become the cliffhanger - Mary fed to the sharks, all dangers overcome, Sherlock and John taking off into the foggy sunset and then the ship explodes. End credits. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 14, 2016 7:59 am  #2762

Now that would be epically frustrating!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 14, 2016 8:06 am  #2763

Glad that you've called it a crack idea, Susi, not me... 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

July 14, 2016 8:08 am  #2764

I could almost see them doing that just to wind us up! 

I thought the Reichenback bit of TAB was great.  I also thought TRF was a great take on the original.   But I don't want them to do too many versions of it.   If it was a redo, it seems odd, almost comical, to have him jump off a little boat.   You'd think it would be a big one or a bridge or something.

I also think it looks like jumping on to the deck rather than onto water.  The dramatic shot makes me think of Batman, a little. 

Last edited by Liberty (July 14, 2016 8:09 am)

July 14, 2016 8:13 am  #2765

I love what they did with TRF but I agree, Liberty, why would they do this yet again?
Like I said, there can be several explanations for that jump. John carries a gun, so there could very well be an exchange of gun shots of some sort. Maybe Sherlock 'just' tries to jump to safety? Of course he could get wounded in the attempt... which would be dramatic enough for me... 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

July 14, 2016 8:15 am  #2766

Just to be clear here: the photos we got were taken by setlockers, right? We have no proof that this is the perspective the cameras will show. Of course it might be a Reichenbach allusion but what we got here is not necessarily the same thing we will see on screen. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 14, 2016 8:18 am  #2767

May I just mention that I'm just very happy to have a couple of cool pics with just the boys together? I just realized how happy that makes me.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

July 14, 2016 8:22 am  #2768

And do they look good … 

July 14, 2016 8:30 am  #2769

I know there was discussion on tumblr that Martins new hair is not John-Watson-look anymore but I LOVE it!

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

July 14, 2016 8:43 am  #2770

I agree, it's great to finally see the boys in action together. 

July 14, 2016 9:06 am  #2771

SusiGo wrote:

Neither do I. I had the crack idea that this could become the cliffhanger - Mary fed to the sharks, all dangers overcome, Sherlock and John taking off into the foggy sunset and then the ship explodes. End credits. 

Cool! I love it!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

July 14, 2016 9:07 am  #2772

Benedict on the Thames:

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

July 14, 2016 9:07 am  #2773

Nice.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 14, 2016 9:09 am  #2774

Finally together!

July 14, 2016 9:11 am  #2775

Aw.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 14, 2016 9:12 am  #2776

mrshouse wrote:

May I just mention that I'm just very happy to have a couple of cool pics with just the boys together? I just realized how happy that makes me.

This!

mrshouse wrote:

I know there was discussion on tumblr that Martins new hair is not John-Watson-look anymore but I LOVE it!

And that.

My opinion to the jump: he did it to bring himself to safety, or he hurried to help John, or it's a chase. I don't see a "death" jump. That photo is a snapshot, you don't see any moves. To spread your arms for security and balance for a jump from a certain height... it's normal, isn't it? 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

July 14, 2016 9:46 am  #2777

A better angle.

Source: http://www.pollythomas.co.uk/latest/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

July 14, 2016 9:57 am  #2778

Are they holding hands...? It almost looks like it...! 
Well no, not quite. But you can see now that this will be nothing like TRF. 

Last edited by SolarSystem (July 14, 2016 9:58 am)

July 14, 2016 10:02 am  #2779

July 14, 2016 10:03 am  #2780

John with his reliable gun:

Board footera