BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 7, 2016 7:49 pm  #2661

Re: Series 4 Setlock (potential spoilers)

No, I don't want him to rise from the dead, but wouldn't mind him apppearing in memory. 

Thinking of bloodhound/shark again - it's maybe too obvious but bloodhound seems closer to Sherlock than shark for me, because a bloodhound is a detective dog.   This bloodhound seems to be chasing a shark. 

I believe both bloodhounds and sharks have a very good sense of smell, although I doubt that has anyting to do with anything - I don't know if there will be a scent-related crime!  (Although perfume was used as a clue in HLV and TAB).  So these two could be tracking each other. 

July 7, 2016 8:00 pm  #2662

Given how much of s4e2 we saw Sherlock sniffing a piece of paper, I'm going to go out on a limb and say yes, scent is going to be pretty big in that one. :D

Doomsteady on AO3 & Tumblr

July 7, 2016 8:28 pm  #2663

Can we count on it being all over the internet a few seconds later?

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

July 7, 2016 8:30 pm  #2664

Well the last time what I got was sound but no vision, which made it even more hilarious than it actually was!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 7, 2016 8:36 pm  #2665

Can't believe there'll be a sneak peek in two week's time! Setlock is definitely speeding up the wait. However, I think audio-only would drive the last nail into my setlock coffin.

-----

July 7, 2016 8:37 pm  #2666

Well it was an illegal filming and the team asked everyone to turn off their cameras. This fan lowered hers, to the floor level, but kept the sound going.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 7, 2016 9:08 pm  #2667

OMFG, that's soon!

I imagine it will be put online in a proper format before long after that... nothing stays secret these days... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 7, 2016 9:10 pm  #2668

Though as with setlock, it is a bit of a shame, if the team want it secret.

July 7, 2016 9:20 pm  #2669

Well, if they wanted it totally secret, they wouldn't show it at Comic Con.  Even if they don't like it very much I'm sure they expect it to be leaked to the rest of us at some point.  They are not going to show anything to Comic Con that would give anything vital away.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

July 7, 2016 9:23 pm  #2670

Of course not.
The scene they showed last time was fairly innocuous.
Well it was John asking Sherlock to be his best man, but we already knew they were doing the wedding.

July 8, 2016 5:57 am  #2671

I suppose in terms of being spoiled, it's not much worse than seeing the trailer.  But it does seem bad form to film it, if asked not to.

I was doing some browsing last night, and came across a couple of interesting things.   Somebody mentioned those tweets between Mark and Amanda about sharks ("sharks drive on the right", etc.), remember?  It was ages ago.  The clues seemed to fit with maybe Magnussen or Mary.   Anyway, that could well be the shark connection.   I'm not sure if "sharks" means that there's more than one shark?    I'm sure the shark graffitti must be connected too, but that doesn't mean the "shark" is in Ep1: it could be a clue/foreshadowing for Ep3.  

I also came across this http://constancecream.tumblr.com/  .  I'm sorry, I'm being thick on how to link to single posts on tumblr, but I mean the twitter exchange at the top https://twitter.com/cdsanders1971/status/750786923787063296  and the following discussion.   It seems to confirm the account of the scene with Sherlock and the little girl at Ogmore castle!   With a little more detail too.  Curiouser and curiouser!

And also news that Tam Mutu has been cast as "Leonard".  Let's hope he does some singing! 

Last edited by Liberty (July 8, 2016 6:24 am)

July 8, 2016 7:55 am  #2672

Even if the preview won't be filmed, it'll be intensively twitted about.
When do you tihnk the trailer will come out? When I search for old trailers I keep finding only fan-made ones.

-----

July 8, 2016 7:59 am  #2673

Hang on, there are three different things.
There are short, simple taster clips, which are traditionally shown at comic com.
There are official trailers shown on TV.
There are official, public previews, usually held at big screens.
The trailer won't appear until Autumn at the earliest and could be late Autumn.

July 8, 2016 8:07 am  #2674

I just checked: 
The 3 keywords Rat Wedding Bow were given as early as 24 August 2012. The teaser for series 3 was released on 2 August 2013, the trailer on 8 December 2013. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 8, 2016 8:09 am  #2675

Thank you.
So at comic con, we may get the teaser and the keywords?

July 8, 2016 8:11 am  #2676

I think there might be a teaser. Not sure if they are doing the words again. Maybe they have given them to us already. All those "back" pictures and then casting two young boys. We might be going back in time to their childhood. And then there was shark and bloodhound as well …

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 8, 2016 8:16 am  #2677

hmm... I do hope we get three official words though... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 8, 2016 8:19 am  #2678

Since we already have 2 words, I'm betting on Bloodhound-Bear-Shark.

July 8, 2016 5:17 pm  #2679

Liberty wrote:

I wonder if "bloodhound" refers to the dog that was scene in Ep 1?   The shark, obviously the graffitti, but it instantly reminds me of Magnussen.  However, he's not going to appear in S4 (although if there are flashbacks/mind palace, then why not?  I would love for him to appear!).  

Usually, it´s the Sherlock himself who is compared to a bloodhound, as is the case in this quote from The Sign of Four, which was also used to some extent in TEH:

He whipped out his lens and a tape measure, and hurried about the room on his knees, measuring, comparing, examining, with his long thin nose only a few inches from the planks, and his beady eyes gleaming and deep-set like those of a bird. So swift, silent, and furtive were his movements, like those of a trained blood-hound picking out a scent, that I could not but think what a terrible criminal he would have made had he turned his energy and sagacity against the law, instead of exerting them in its defense.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

July 8, 2016 5:23 pm  #2680

Nice pic from the beach:

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

Board footera