BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 27, 2016 7:10 pm  #2481

Re: Series 4 Setlock (potential spoilers)

Which brings the new series closer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 27, 2016 11:08 pm  #2482

Yes! And once it's over, there will be three new episodes like great big juicy bones from which to suck every bit of marrow here on the Forum. (And more scenes and phrases to put under the Johnlock microscope). 

Then, alas, we wait again.....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

June 28, 2016 5:34 am  #2483

I think we have a pretty meaty series coming up and I reckon it will take some digesting.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 28, 2016 6:30 am  #2484

Soldiers on a beach:

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

June 28, 2016 8:24 am  #2485

Looks intense!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

June 28, 2016 8:42 am  #2486

Soldiers? They seem more like private security to me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

June 28, 2016 8:45 am  #2487

I thought the same. White shirts and ties make them look like security personnel. Remember the guy in front of 221B? 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 28, 2016 9:22 am  #2488

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

June 28, 2016 9:23 am  #2489

June 28, 2016 9:24 am  #2490

June 28, 2016 10:21 am  #2491

They do look like security, looking at the ties and all... a bit too fancy for soldiers 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

June 28, 2016 10:48 am  #2492

The black outfits with hats and guns reminds me a little of Mary in Magnussen's office.  Former colleagues?  For some reason, I'd imagined her working alone. And the shirts and ties don't quite fit with that either, I don't think.

Last edited by Liberty (June 28, 2016 10:49 am)

June 28, 2016 11:59 am  #2493

It looks like a prison or a military bunker...

Preparations for the secret invasion of the UK that would take place in Ep3?

June 28, 2016 12:26 pm  #2494

Do we have confirmation that Ben was filming yesterday?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 28, 2016 12:44 pm  #2495

No, none of the regular actors have been spotted. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 28, 2016 1:07 pm  #2496

Interesting though! Is the helicopter part of the scene or used for filming? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

June 28, 2016 1:18 pm  #2497

Close-up of the flag:

Media are calling it 'Moriarty flag' but that's definitely an 'R', in my opinion. As for what's underneath it... no clue. Someone on Twitter suggested it might be a handshake?

Doomsteady on AO3 & Tumblr

June 28, 2016 1:39 pm  #2498

Oh, that's difficult to see!  I saw an M first, but now you've mentioned an R, that's all I can see.  I think you're right.  The bottom looked like a V or W, but it's somehow not as clear as the R, so I think you are also right that it's not a letter.  I can't see what it is (can't even see a handshake now you've mentioned it!).  Maybe it's the beach theme to these shots, but all I can see a the moment is a little sandcastle (pile of sand) with two flags sticking out of it. 

This article in the local paper has a couple more pictures: http://www.westerntelegraph.co.uk/news/14583098.Crowds_gather_in_Tenby_to_catch_glimpse_of_Sherlock_stars_as_filming_on_new_BBC_series_begins/

I don't know why, but I'm kind of excited about a tidal island!  Wonderful for a suspense story or an evil mastermind's hideout.   Although if none of the cast have been spotted, it's maybe not playing as big a part as I'd hoped.   A flashback, perhaps?  Mind palace? (the answer to everything odd now!) Or the scenes at the fort filmed indoors?

Last edited by Liberty (June 28, 2016 3:09 pm)

June 28, 2016 1:47 pm  #2499

I can also see it as a K... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

June 28, 2016 1:51 pm  #2500

I can too now that you mention it!  And I see the bottom bit as two things crossed, although what things, I can't tell you!

Board footera