BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 21, 2016 7:41 pm  #2441

Re: Series 4 Setlock (potential spoilers)

No, we did not. At least I cannot remember. We did not know about Archie either.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 21, 2016 8:02 pm  #2442

If that is genuine it will probably break my heart all over again. I am very sure flashbacks will have a good reason.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

June 23, 2016 7:44 am  #2443

Impeccable style as always. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 23, 2016 7:55 am  #2444

Charming. :-(

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

June 23, 2016 8:01 am  #2445

Will she ever learn to think before she tweets and deletes?

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

June 23, 2016 8:08 am  #2446

I just posted this:

I really wish a certain member of the Sherlock team would stop commenting about tumblr and insulting people in here. No, we are no daft cocks. (Because tumblr is us, not some vague faceless thing you can insult any way you like). We are able to think and many of us are very clever and we love speculation about filming and it is very bad style to call people names who do so. Without people who watch your show and think about it and interpret it and make fan art of it, there would be no show, at least not a successful one. Maybe you should stay away from tumblr if you do not like what you see there. Thank you. 

June 23, 2016 8:30 am  #2447

*sighs and rolls eyes* 

I will repeat what I have said before... in this day and age fans make or break a show. I'm not saying you have to suck up to the fans... but respect? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

June 23, 2016 8:38 am  #2448

Yes, respect would be nice. I can't remember that any fan permanently abuse Amanda. Neither in that forum nor at tumblr.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

June 23, 2016 8:44 am  #2449

There has been nothing bad on tumblr. People speculated about the amount of scenes she might be in - as they did for Mark, for example, as well. And apart from that every fan has the right to like a character or not and to wish to see them in further episodes or not. From what I can see, there has been no personal abuse of AA whatsoever. This tweet is completely unwarranted for. 

June 23, 2016 9:07 am  #2450

That´s why I generally ignore everything that has to do with AA after her "script fiasco".

Setlock immediatelly looks better. More peaceful and not laden with artificial drama.

Last edited by nakahara (June 23, 2016 9:08 am)

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

June 23, 2016 9:39 am  #2451

At least we know now (unless she's kidding ! )!

June 23, 2016 11:17 am  #2452

I don't know how reliable this source is, but it looks like Sacha Dhawan has been cast: http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/sherlock/news/a798728/sherlock-series-4-casts-sacha-dhawan-but-who-is-he-playing/

Last edited by James Norrington (June 23, 2016 11:18 am)

------------------------------------------------------------
"Love something, and love it deeply."
Andrew Scott

"I don’t care how hypothetical it is, I’m not flying with a live otter in the flight deck."
Captain Martin Crieff

June 23, 2016 11:45 am  #2453

nakahara wrote:

That´s why I generally ignore everything that has to do with AA after her "script fiasco".

Yep. Seriously, why do her the favour and react to her crap? Especially on tumblr or twitter. If everyone simply ignored her, she might realize how 'important' her messages really are. But as long as she gets reactions each and every time she drops such a bomb, she will continue doing it. I'm pretty sure she is enjoying the 'power' she seems to be having over the fandom.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

June 23, 2016 12:03 pm  #2454

I didn't see much actual setlock on tumblr yesterday.  Did we get anything interesting besides the casting call for young Sherlock?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 23, 2016 12:05 pm  #2455

Not that I've seen. This week they're having a break, it seems.

Confession time: This is my first setlock, and I'm missing it already. :x I don't know how I'm going to survive when they wrap e3...

Doomsteady on AO3 & Tumblr

June 23, 2016 12:21 pm  #2456

Episode 3 is not yet in motion but I found this interesting speculation on the E2 "bridge scene".

http://thesetison.tumblr.com/post/146326866991/this-is-a-photo-with-a-gun-she-did-not-shoot-him

Woman on the bridge holding a revolver, revolver ending up in a river... is it just me, or do we have an adaptation of "Problem of the Thor Bridge" mixed into "Dying Detective"?

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

June 23, 2016 12:36 pm  #2457

Note to self:  Need to read more canon.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 23, 2016 1:01 pm  #2458

I just stumbled across something. I guess many of you have heard this interview before (this is post season three).

At around minute 44 they are talking and joking about Mycroft's mind palace and how the show is all his mind palace because he is in a coma. You can here Steven say: "How dangerously close to the truth. " Now, they might just be talking about TAB here, but I still wanted to share.

****************************************************************************************************************************************
We balance probabilities and choose the most likely. It is the scientific use of the imagination.    

June 23, 2016 2:48 pm  #2459

Oooh, I would be very annoyed if all action of Sherlock will be deleted with the leer "it was all the Mind Palace, you fools!" I have my fingers crossed so it doesn´t happen.

Bobby and his shower from Dallas comes to mind...

June 23, 2016 2:54 pm  #2460

I agree, nakahara. And the question for me would be: why? Maybe they'd try to answer that question (well, hopefully), but I can't for the life of me imagine why something like this would be necessary.
In my case "Lost" comes to mind. I kind of get why they explained it the way they did in the end... then again I suspect that they wrote themselves into a corner big time. Huge corner. Very big time.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

Board footera