BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 21, 2016 11:12 am  #2421

Re: Series 4 Setlock (potential spoilers)

Traffic jam and rain... brilliant combination...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

June 21, 2016 12:15 pm  #2422

nakahara wrote:

Side Note:  I approve of Nic's idea of relaxing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 21, 2016 12:52 pm  #2423

Damn. The 'perfect' combo. Poor Arwel

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

June 21, 2016 12:57 pm  #2424

Had to thoughts I'd like to mention.

I wonder if with S4 they will finally mange to let it air at the same time in the UK and the States.  They managed to work it out for TAB.

Had totally forgotten that San Diego Comic Con is coming up soon.  Will the Sherlock team be there with treats for us!?!?!?!?

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

June 21, 2016 2:15 pm  #2425

I've been wondering that myself, but I suppose they won't have time for attending this year as shooting for e3 probably won't be finished then yet.

Last edited by stoertebeker (June 21, 2016 6:23 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

June 21, 2016 5:44 pm  #2426

Just saw a post on tumblr with a casting call for a 6 year old Sherlock for Ep 3!   Can we confirm this!?!?!?!?
.................and can we cast a young Mycroft while we're at it? 

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

June 21, 2016 6:06 pm  #2427

I've seen the casting call, too, but whether it's confirmed or not, I don't know.

http://screenterrier.blogspot.ch/2016/06/casting-call-for-young-sherlock.html

------------------------------------------------------------
"Love something, and love it deeply."
Andrew Scott

"I don’t care how hypothetical it is, I’m not flying with a live otter in the flight deck."
Captain Martin Crieff

June 21, 2016 6:26 pm  #2428

I doubt that it's real. IMO it gives too much away about the plot . And, as far as I remember, in the past casting calls never mentioned the specific show but only that it's for a BBC drama show (or something like that). I can be wrong of course.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

June 21, 2016 6:30 pm  #2429

A non-speaking part may imply a flashback about an event rather than character... and that in the last ep of the season... Redbeard?

I want too hard for it to be real   you are right about the specifics tho. Maybe they had to be provided to find the best visual match rather sooner than later? Btw, how mzch of a CV can a 6 yo have...

Last edited by ewige (June 21, 2016 6:33 pm)

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

June 21, 2016 6:38 pm  #2430

It seems to be genuine. Here is the website:

http://www.kidsccp.com/uk/job/344539/newjob/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=jobalert&utm_campaign=jd2016-06-21

Last edited by SusiGo (June 21, 2016 6:38 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 21, 2016 7:14 pm  #2431

stoertebeker wrote:

I doubt that it's real. IMO it gives too much away about the plot . And, as far as I remember, in the past casting calls never mentioned the specific show but only that it's for a BBC drama show (or something like that). I can be wrong of course.

What do you mean?  I didn't see anything that gave away plot. 

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

June 21, 2016 7:16 pm  #2432

Of course it is a spoiler of sorts - and another proof of Moffat and Gatiss telling lies to keep the suspense - but with regard to the link I posted it seems genuine. And while it reveals that they will go back into the past, we have no idea what exactly we are going to see. More than Sherlock sobbing over his dead dog, I suppose. 

As for the lies - I remember Steven once saying (in a commentary I think) that Sherlock's past and family history was completely unimportant for the story. 

Last edited by SusiGo (June 21, 2016 7:20 pm)

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 21, 2016 7:27 pm  #2433

They also said they didn't feel the boys had been abused or anything.
Rather that these two ordinary parents raised these two remarkable sons and really didn't know what to do with them!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 21, 2016 7:29 pm  #2434

No one mentioned abuse. There are other kinds of trauma that may influence a little boy (or boys) in their development. 

June 21, 2016 7:31 pm  #2435

Well yes, possibly I should have used the word 'trauma'.
Incidentally, I do feel one could split hairs and say that the trauma(for instance of losing Redbeard)might have affected Sherlock's character, but possibly not the story as such.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 21, 2016 7:32 pm  #2436

I am quite sure that the flashbacks will be important. They were in HLV, too - not for the story as such but for Sherlock's characterisation. Which is, according to the creators, at the heart of the show. 

June 21, 2016 7:33 pm  #2437

Well yes, that and the friendship.

June 21, 2016 7:36 pm  #2438

tonnaree wrote:

stoertebeker wrote:

What do you mean?  I didn't see anything that gave away plot. 

I mean that they specifically say that it's for a flashback scene of a young Sherlock. Ok, that's not really plot but it still gives away much. Like we would have known before HLV that we would see Sherlock as a boy. But maybe they think it's not nessessary to keep it secret because we already had that and it won't be such a surprise anymore to see a young Sherlock. And who knows, maybe it's just a very brief scene. How old is Louis Moffat by the way? But I suppose he is to old to play the part again.

"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

June 21, 2016 7:39 pm  #2439

When you guys followed Setlock for S3, did you know about the casting call for young Sherlock? (Btw, the scene with Mycroft seeing Sherlock as a little boy from his helicopter is heartbreaking to me. I don't know how much more of that I can take).

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

June 21, 2016 7:40 pm  #2440

I don't remember knowing...

Board footera