BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 19, 2016 5:03 pm  #2401

Re: Series 4 Setlock (potential spoilers)

Me either... only that she had a bit of a limp in TAB... but that might have been another hint at the Ricoletti and the Clubfoot thing 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

June 20, 2016 7:53 am  #2402

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

June 20, 2016 7:54 am  #2403

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

June 20, 2016 7:55 am  #2404

So it seems they are really filming more than one episode at the same time. Which could be evidence for an on-going three-piece film instead of three separate episodes. It could also mean that ill Sherlock could be a cliffhanger of ep. 2 since then we would see him like that in ep. 2 and 3. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 20, 2016 7:56 am  #2405

June 20, 2016 7:56 am  #2406

June 20, 2016 9:16 am  #2407

Nice pics and excited for ep3 filming.

Excuse me if I go OT a moment with a speculation that may contain spoilers if posted in another thread -

For those that have read theories about Sherlock and the princess bride and as we seem to have an episode based on the dying detective and maybe a poisoning -

ACD once attempted to develop an immunity to a poison. He contributed a note to the British Medical Journal, 20 September 1879 “Gelseminum as a Poison”  detailing how he took more and more of the drug in increasing amounts ( but eventually gave up due to sickness ) and concluded “The system may learn to tolerate gelseminum, as it may opium, if it be gradually inured to it.”

This tidbit and many others involving ACD and Holmes and all things medical and chemical are covered in an amusing document -The Materia Medica by Harold Billings.
Quite a well known document to Sherlockians and an amusing and informative read.

link to the pdf

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.bakerstreetjournal.com/images/Billings_MateriaMedia.pdf&q=bakerstreetjournal%20billings&ved=0ahUKEwjPvYmiorbNAhVlDsAKHbghBFIQFggiMAI&usg=AFQjCNH5eOSjoVbwXL6lvtXzse9yxqrI4Q&sig2=7-rCg7KRodGNO8ICRyCAwQ

Last edited by Mothonthemantel (June 20, 2016 9:17 am)

"Man may not be degraded  to being a machine by being denied to be a ghost in the machine."
It's just transport. The virus in the hard drive . However impossible .Must be the truth.

June 20, 2016 10:15 am  #2408

Really interesting article, Moth, thanks!    He took it until the diarrhoea became "so persistant and prostrating"  that he had to stop.  That would certainly make it difficult to continue, and lets hope poor Sherlock has some more glamorous symptoms!   And I like the Stamford quote. 

June 20, 2016 10:20 am  #2409

SusiGo wrote:

So it seems they are really filming more than one episode at the same time. Which could be evidence for an on-going three-piece film instead of three separate episodes. It could also mean that ill Sherlock could be a cliffhanger of ep. 2 since then we would see him like that in ep. 2 and 3. 

I like this idea.  It will be interesting to see if anybody from Ep2, such as Toby or Sian, appears in Ep3..     I love the idea of connecting of a three-piece - still having separate episodes with a beginning, middle and end, but a whole story being told over the three episodes, and cliffhangers between episodes would be fun!

I think the glimpses we've seen of Ep2 from Setlock look very exciting. 

June 20, 2016 1:15 pm  #2410

Gosh, so now there's only one episode left to film! 

And Mrs Hudson doesn't look too happy... (or is it Una between takes?) 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

June 20, 2016 1:46 pm  #2411

And a squint knocker on the door!

June 20, 2016 4:18 pm  #2412

So Mycroft not about then!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 20, 2016 6:06 pm  #2413

Or maybe he was, and Sherlock had to protest it again

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

June 20, 2016 6:20 pm  #2414

Do we know for sure they have actually started filming on Ep3?  Arwell was tweeting from Spain (I think) but is back in the UK now.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 20, 2016 6:44 pm  #2415

Yes I like the linked episodes idea too and refer to my post during ep1 filming -
In 01 Mary is found and runs away - in 02 this dying hallucinating thing and in 03 Beach holiday to recover 
But ok maybe in 03 they could do a Musgrave , Lions mane or Devils foot idea to start where they go away for Holmes to rest .
I would love them to do a version of Musgrave the story has so many gothic possibilities and the covers of that are my faves .♡

"Man may not be degraded  to being a machine by being denied to be a ghost in the machine."
It's just transport. The virus in the hard drive . However impossible .Must be the truth.

June 20, 2016 7:39 pm  #2416

Additionally Think they will resume filming this weekend during London pride?  I know they already did the rainbow lit London eye @ during pride drive past before so....and this year we have symbolic traffic lights .. X

June 20, 2016 7:48 pm  #2417

I like that

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

June 20, 2016 8:27 pm  #2418

Now that would be neat! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

June 20, 2016 9:10 pm  #2419

Mothonthemantel wrote:

Additionally Think they will resume filming this weekend during London pride? I know they already did the rainbow lit London eye @ during pride drive past before so....and this year we have symbolic traffic lights .. X

Taste the rainbow.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 21, 2016 10:42 am  #2420

Holliday is over:

Board footera