BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 16, 2016 1:18 pm  #2341

Re: Series 4 Setlock (potential spoilers)

tonnaree wrote:

One of my favorite ideas about the Lady in Red is that she is a client that Sherlock failed to save and now she's in his MP helping him figure out how she died.

I have a similar idea. There's a theory, she is actually Frances Carfax. Originally I wasn't sure about this, but in the light of recent events: what if MP Frances is helping to solve her own abduction?
(It also looks like Sherlock  - again, escaped in serious condition from ambulance/medical care - kidnapping is more urgent bussines to solve)

June 16, 2016 2:17 pm  #2342

Bluebeard shopping:

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

June 16, 2016 2:18 pm  #2343

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

June 16, 2016 2:19 pm  #2344

June 16, 2016 2:34 pm  #2345

it seems we will have some awesome mind palace scenes! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

June 16, 2016 3:04 pm  #2346

The ring is off! I repeat: the ring is off! 

https://weeesi.tumblr.com/post/146013426754/williamanyascottholmes-consultinggalpals

Same location but Martin has changed his jacket and taken off his wedding ring. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 16, 2016 3:08 pm  #2347

SusiGo wrote:

The ring is off! I repeat: the ring is off! 

https://weeesi.tumblr.com/post/146013426754/williamanyascottholmes-consultinggalpals

Same location but Martin has changed his jacket and taken off his wedding ring. 

*SWOON*
*THUD*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 16, 2016 3:44 pm  #2348

Shit. Still wearing it. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 16, 2016 4:18 pm  #2349

I wonder what is inside his bag. Ransom for baby watson/Mary?

June 16, 2016 4:18 pm  #2350

SusiGo wrote:

Shit. Still wearing it. 

Wait, what? Like, he put it on again?
Because fumbling with the ring is even more amazing if it's Sherlock's MP rather than reality.
I mean, regardless how I feel about Mary the character, she's the best thing that could have happened to the plot. See how much drama and angst and action she's caused? Yum!

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

June 16, 2016 4:20 pm  #2351

Janine Molly Adler wrote:

Maybe Mary has thrown him out on his ass and he had time only to stuff his pre-folded shirts and a tooth-brush into his bag

-----

June 16, 2016 4:20 pm  #2352

I fear he was wearing it all the time. Must have been a trick of the light. But there is still the change of clothing which is interesting. Same place on different days? And in front of a bridal shop of all things?

June 16, 2016 4:29 pm  #2353

SusiGo wrote:

I fear he was wearing it all the time. Must have been a trick of the light. But there is still the change of clothing which is interesting. Same place on different days? And in front of a bridal shop of all things?

John's wearing the ring is probably the best confirmation that Mary is still in, isn't it?

-----

June 16, 2016 4:31 pm  #2354

Probably. But the interesting thing is that these scenes are definitely directed by Rachel Talalay. So they must be ep. 1. 

June 16, 2016 4:33 pm  #2355

Among over things...
Though to be honest, surely a new widower would still wear his wedding ring?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 16, 2016 4:33 pm  #2356

ewige wrote:

Janine Molly Adler wrote:

Maybe Mary has thrown him out on his ass and he had time only to stuff his pre-folded shirts and a tooth-brush into his bag

Lol and then he goes to Sherlock's and borrows his purple shirt for the night

June 16, 2016 4:35 pm  #2357

There are also some nice theories about the piece of paper he throws in the waste bin. My favourites are paternal test results or wedding ring wrapped in paper. 

June 16, 2016 4:42 pm  #2358

Doubt it's either.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 16, 2016 4:53 pm  #2359

He does look a little lost in that shot... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

June 16, 2016 5:06 pm  #2360

besleybean wrote:

Among over things...
Though to be honest, surely a new widower would still wear his wedding ring?

Depends on if he killed her himself or not.  *evil grin*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

Board footera